Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2014, 06:40 PM   #1201
Senior Member
 
PhoneDude 8289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,148
Installed a 7 watt solar charger for the RV battery while it's in storage.
__________________

__________________
Lifted 2014 8289WS Diamond pkg
2014 Ram 2500 SB DC TCD
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:41 PM   #1202
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Buy the Camco Vent covers on Amazon Cheap!

Like Turbs says, take 15 min to haul up drill, toolbag & so forth
Install vent covers in 5 min
What about the vents with fans in them? All my roof vents are close to 12v lights so it should be pretty easy to wire... I just find air flow is a little low unless running the roof fan on 110v...
__________________

__________________

2013 Forest River Surveyor SV305
2011 Ford F350 King Ranch (Diesel)
1 Wife, 2 Dogs, 3 Kids
LOTS of grey hair!
orcusomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:23 PM   #1203
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 582
1st Mods to the camper

I installed a power lift and a 12V battery disconnect on my Surveyor SV235RKS today. This was the first real project. Love the trailer and making it better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ElectricJack.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	57655

Click image for larger version

Name:	BatteryDisconnect.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	57656
__________________
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:36 PM   #1204
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Finished what will probably be the last project before Goshen

I hated it that I did not have a nightstand like 6 Actual.

I fixed that.

HSVBamaBob Album - My Photo Gallery
Just woundering, since we have the same unit except year and the diamond package, we have a night stand on the window side of the unit, but a hanging closet on the other side witha drawer under it. I like the drawer you put in that useless raised step on the right side of the bed. What is under that area? Also where did you get the stained or prestained wood? that looks like a great match.....
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:17 PM   #1205
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: HuntsVegas, AL
Posts: 5,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Just woundering, since we have the same unit except year and the diamond package, we have a night stand on the window side of the unit, but a hanging closet on the other side witha drawer under it. I like the drawer you put in that useless raised step on the right side of the bed. What is under that area? Also where did you get the stained or prestained wood? that looks like a great match.....
Thanks!

The curb side of the unit is "my" side so 6 Actual gets the "real" nightstand.

I was pulling out the drawer and loping at it when we were camping this weekend and thought "I wonder..."

I have NO idea what is under the step...my guess is more area in the basement. I will be REAL interested to go on the factory tour and take pictures of what is under the skin of out units

SO I got a piece of oak plywood and a piece of 2x4 and I was golden. I will have it on "Display" at Goshen - ya'll are welcome to come over and scope it out!
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:18 PM   #1206
Junior Member
 
alexleblanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Scoudouc N.B, Canada
Posts: 16
changed all of my interior lighting to warm white replacement LED's. looks great now. Bought them off ebay, around 5$ a piece.
__________________
2013 F250 XTL 6.7
2015 KZ Durango 296BH
alexleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:52 PM   #1207
Senior Member
 
Helmsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by orcusomega View Post
What about the vents with fans in them? All my roof vents are close to 12v lights so it should be pretty easy to wire... I just find air flow is a little low unless running the roof fan on 110v...
The one I installed was the fan with a built in rain shield and it took me a little over an hour to install. I had power at the existing vent so no real wiring to speak of, just figure out if the yellow wire was + or - and hook them up. I'm pleased with how well it works, will likely add one to the bunkhouse when funds allow.
The hardest part was getting the old dicor cleaned off the roof, that took a little longer than I had anticipated but other than that smooth sailing.
__________________
2011 Ford F-450 4x4 Lariat
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ
Helmsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:19 PM   #1208
NELA
 
Weezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Thanks!

The curb side of the unit is "my" side so 6 Actual gets the "real" nightstand.

I was pulling out the drawer and loping at it when we were camping this weekend and thought "I wonder..."

I have NO idea what is under the step...my guess is more area in the basement. I will be REAL interested to go on the factory tour and take pictures of what is under the skin of out units

SO I got a piece of oak plywood and a piece of 2x4 and I was golden. I will have it on "Display" at Goshen - ya'll are welcome to come over and scope it out!
If you consider that the "step area" is immediately above the "chin to neck" transition area, I think that's the top area of the trunk storage and landing gear apparatus.

The curb side is MY side too, and it pains me greatly that I have no night stand, especially since I sleep with one of those tiny 3-4 inch desk top fans blowing on me while I sleep here at home.

I thought about mounting corner shelf beside the shirt closet to put my fan on.

But your idea works! I bet my bamboo cutting board would fit well on top of that drawer, and since we have the Hickory stain finish, it'll match close in color too.

That shirt closet is absolutely not needed with our big wardrobe slide. Right now it serves as the dirty clothes closet.
__________________

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:52 PM   #1209
Senior Member
 
Orion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 181
Since someone decided to pull the storage door open (and not take anything (huh)) Installed ILH locks on door and also replaced 1 use fall apart shower sweep seals.
__________________
2017 Flagstaff FLT21DS
2011 Tundra Platinum, 5.7l, 2WD, Firestone bags...
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:52 PM   #1210
Senior Member
 
Red Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Austin
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Finished what will probably be the last project before Goshen

I hated it that I did not have a nightstand like 6 Actual.

I fixed that.

HSVBamaBob Album - My Photo Gallery
Way to go, Bob. Guess what I have to build for Risingstar now?

That is a cool hack, and she's been whining non-stop about not having a bedstand. Odd, she never wants to switch sides, though.

I'll cut a round circle in mine to hold her water glass, though.
__________________

__________________
-Red

Big Bad Wolf - '15 Dodge Ram 2500HD 6.7 CTD / Reese 15k Pro
Wolf Den 3 - '14 Rockwood Signature Ultra Light 8280WS
Nights camped 2015: 25
Red Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camper

« Low Temps | - »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 AM.