Old 07-11-2014, 06:09 PM   #1241

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
I told him and he just grinned.

The project is complete, front and back are removable and sides secured. All that is left to do is install track in Buffy and Sneak to sand and round the top edges of the sides/front/back and paint. I don't do sand/paint.
Nice job you old goat, I'm sure your going to make some happy campers, don't forget the wire......Good Job Buddy, Mardy and you make a good team, he is an excellent welder, not like some people I know......

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:21 PM   #1242
NELA

He (and Mardy) did an awesome job! We're already very pleased and happy as two pigs in a mud puddle, high noon on a sunny day!

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:23 PM   #1243

Started moving in all the camping gear, mounted the TV, vacuumed, mopped, organizing cupboards etc
Old 07-11-2014, 06:44 PM   #1244
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Nice job you old goat, I'm sure your going to make some happy campers, don't forget the wire......Good Job Buddy, Mardy and you make a good team, he is an excellent welder, not like some people I know......
No wire, but it already has 2 holes for the safety cable on the back. Ha, ha, you thought I'd forget it didn't you? Mardy only welded the legs on the 4 corners the rest I did smarty pants!

You want me to send you one of these?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01334.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	209.5 KB
ID:	57967  
Old 07-11-2014, 06:44 PM   #1245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
He (and Mardy) did an awesome job! We're already very pleased and happy as two pigs in a mud puddle, high noon on a sunny day!
I'm sure you will be very happy, The Old Goat will make sure of that, he has helped me so much and always done a great job. He will do anything for anybody that needs help, not much of better person them him and his family. Wait til you see his shop and his 300 clamps. If I know him he will treat you like family. And as far as Alabama Bob, we looked at the otherside next to the furnace. You have to clear the door and it would have to take up to much space, we looked at it all different ways, and even had to cut down one rail on that side. They had plenty of room to move that furnace under the stairs, but they put it there and it's cuts down on your space. OC's model is layed out different and his storage doors allows full access. Much better layout. Hay if OC can't do it nobody can. If I remember right he has a double shelf, great set up. And Weezer I see you changed your avatr to a sign with a skillet. I like that. Never mess with a woman with a cast iron skillet....
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 07-11-2014, 06:52 PM   #1246

Quote:
No wire, but it already has 2 holes for the safety cable on the back. Ha, ha, you thought I'd forget it didn't you? Mardy only welded the legs on the 4 corners the rest I did smarty pants!

You want me to send you one of these?
No next time I stop at your home you can install it. And yes I did, You know how to weld I'm not saying that, it just takes more grinding to clean them up. I was surprised at how well you could.......
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 07-11-2014, 08:33 PM   #1247
DW's Retirement Plan

Dropped my TT off at my friendly welder to install a 2" receiver so I can store my WDH when not in use and attached to the rear of my TV. Also, have a few other modifications only the welder can do, since I don't weld.

Pictures when completed.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:14 PM   #1248
Site Team

Here's what I did............
I brought it home from the dealership for the very first time!
I did a "pull test" 4 weeks ago today and found a few issues... paid for it 3 weeks ago today... bit my nails while dealer's service people scrounged for authorizations, parts, advice... reinspected it today and pulled it home. Looking forward to 9 nights at Hickory Creek Park (COE) on Lake Lewisville (Texas) in a few days.

Nights Camped: 2013 = 49 / 2014 = 74 / 2015 = 74 / 2016 = 85 (booked = 00, boo!)
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:21 AM   #1249

Quote:
I told him and he just grinned.

The project is complete, front and back are removable and sides secured. All that is left to do is install track in Buffy and Sneak to sand and round the top edges of the sides/front/back and paint. I don't do sand/paint.
Dang OC, that's beautiful! You have skills!! I really like to D&D Chassis badge on it too. The whole project is well thought out and wonderfully executed. Thank you so much!

Seriously, I can't begin to tell you how much I like that, We've been looking forward to meeting you and TOWTA. Now we have another great reason to come and visit.
Old 07-12-2014, 03:11 PM   #1250

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
The DW get the same side and complains about no night stand. Tommorrow before we pull out I and going to cut a piece of plywood for the drawer, need to have somewhere for glasses and kobo etc.
DW came home today with cabinet grade plywood she picked up at a yard sale and some stain. "Here's what I want you to use for my BamaBob Nightstand(tm)!".

Big Bad Wolf - '15 Dodge Ram 2500HD 6.7 CTD / Reese 15k Pro
Wolf Den 3 - '14 Rockwood Signature Ultra Light 8280WS
Nights camped 2015: 25
Red Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper