Old 09-16-2014, 09:11 AM   #1791

What's That?

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
I know for a fact the (Transporter) never checked this unit before he was (Leaving the F/R Factory)! The F/R lot boy stopped him and said the (Wheel was on BACKWARDS)!Youroo!!
Hey Youroo,

I see you have a forward kitchen Vlite, what is the vent in the pic about a foot or more above the potable water inlet?

Nights camped 2016 = 25!
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:31 AM   #1792

Sadly we are starting to unload the WC Sterling for the season in prep to get it winterized in the next few weeks.

2004 Ford F550 6l Lariat SuperCrew, Fontaine Bed,
Link Systems Air Ride
2011 Sterling 32RL with Michelin XPS tires
extremebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:05 AM   #1793

That is sad but I have more trips planned another week and three more will be wintering in beginning of November

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 09-16-2014, 12:04 PM   #1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
Hey Youroo,

I see you have a forward kitchen Vlite, what is the vent in the pic about a foot or more above the potable water inlet?
The Pic. is NOT our unit,it was a New unit that was leaving the F/R Factory! That unit is a Mid Kitchen unit,not a Front Kit. V-Lite. I was inside the F/R Fac. getting our slide repaired? Took the Pic.of the (Wheel/Tire) out the door. Our V-Lite has that (Vent) at the (Top Rear) Fac told us it was a (Roof Vent)! Have no idea what that side (Vent) is for on that unit! Here is where we were when I took the (Wheel/Tire Pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	067.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	267.2 KB
ID:	62900   Click image for larger version

Name:	079.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	242.9 KB
ID:	62901   Click image for larger version

Name:	075.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	361.4 KB
ID:	62902  
Old 09-16-2014, 12:05 PM   #1795
Mod free 5er

Just went in the camper to check things and discovered the toilet was dry. No good to not have some water in it. Turned water pump on and filled it about half full. That should last for a few weeks. BTW, you also need to put a cup of water in the drains too to keep the P traps full so you don't get sewer smell in the camper. Lucky ours weren't dry.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:20 PM   #1796

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Not checking tire torque, checking the torque on the lug nuts and they do not seat completely on the initial tightening. What the transporters do is of no concern once the trailer is mine. Steel wheels on your car/truck are a completely different animal. They are not aluminum. But, you do what you want. Me, I'll check mine after they've been off as will others that are concerned and have checked them as I have and found them in need of tweaking.
What I said was to check them before every trip, also my truck rims are not steel alum. alloy the same as my trailer. The reason they loosen is because it takes time when new to seat. His trailer has over 4000 miles on those rims. Never once did I say don't check them. I do before every trip. The last trip I was with you was about 700 miles, I never seen you check the torque unless it was at midnight and I missed it. I do understand before a trip, but once they are torqued after being set already, I don't think that I need to stop every 25 miles as was said to recheck. You could disagree I really do not care, but Once again I said to check before, you do not have to go through the whole process of re breaking them in. Simple statement. Haven't had a wheel fall off yet.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 12:21 PM   #1797

I finally decided on the location for the 50 amp cord reel and I installed it today. Oh yeah baby, I wonít be fighting with that Anaconda in cold weather this February. Iíve been wanting one of these since the 2013 FROG Goshen rally so after saving up my allowance I bought one this year at the 2014 Goshen rally.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4303 - Copy.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	62903  

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 12:27 PM   #1798
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
What I said was to check them before every trip, also my truck rims are not steel alum. alloy the same as my trailer. The reason they loosen is because it takes time when new to seat. His trailer has over 4000 miles on those rims. Never once did I say don't check them. I do before every trip. The last trip I was with you was about 700 miles, I never seen you check the torque unless it was at midnight and I missed it. I do understand before a trip, but once they are torqued after being set already, I don't think that I need to stop every 25 miles as was said to recheck. You could disagree I really do not care, but Once again I said to check before, you do not have to go through the whole process of re breaking them in. Simple statement. Haven't had a wheel fall off yet.
If the wheels were removed, even if he had 100,000 miles on it he should re-torque after the wheels have been removed. Then only re-torque the first 75-100 miles until the nuts do not move. Don't mess with them after that. Whenever an alum wheel is loosened, you should go thru the multi step re-torqueing. I never said or implied I checked the torque every day.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:31 PM   #1799

Gahh...I need a better way to manage my 50amp ....its becomes a problem child in the cold!!...how does that work?..do you just stick one end in and then spool it up?...
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 12:31 PM   #1800

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
If the wheels were removed, even if he had 100,000 miles on it he should re-torque after the wheels have been removed. Then only re-torque the first 75-100 miles until the nuts do not move. Don't mess with them after that. Whenever an alum wheel is loosened, you should go thru the multi step re-torqueing. I never said or implied I checked the torque every day.
That I would agree with, and before every trip, that's all. I thought that is what I said to begin with?

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper