Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2014, 11:22 PM   #1831
Senior Member
 
jtstromsburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Stromsburg, Nebraska
Posts: 1,579
Mr Dan, I left mine at the factory setting and it's been great. I plug in, not worrying about turning the campground breaker off, and after 15 seconds the microwave beeps and I check the remote. Good to go. Love it
__________________

__________________
Joel and Teresa
2016 Sabre 34TBOK
2006 GMC 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4
jtstromsburg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:23 AM   #1832
RKR
Senior Member
 
RKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
Seems like they might not be worth it for the price if two of you are having issues, be curious to know if they work better then using a surge protector at the CG, but I have 30amp service not 50 in my RV


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Two of my camping buddies also have the same Progressive system. They like them , that's why I got one. Me taking it out and sending back is not that big a deal. Few screws , put it back in the box and send it off.I wouldn't hesitate buying another one or any Progressive product. Stuff happens and their customer support was great and they back their product 100%.


Sent from my high tech gadget
__________________

__________________
RKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:27 AM   #1833
Senior Member
 
wicked1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Manahawkin
Posts: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKR View Post
Two of my camping buddies also have the same Progressive system. They like them , that's why I got one. Me taking it out and sending back is not that big a deal. Few screws , put it back in the box and send it off.I wouldn't hesitate buying another one or any Progressive product. Stuff happens and their customer support was great and they back their product 100%.


Sent from my high tech gadget



Ok good to know they support their stuff but how hard are they to install, I am technical and good with wiring and electronics as I am in the IT industry


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2016 F350 Supercew Short Box 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2015 FR Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:31 AM   #1834
Site Team
 
Mr. Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Grayson County, Texas
Posts: 3,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post
Mr Dan, I left mine at the factory setting and it's been great. I plug in, not worrying about turning the campground breaker off, and after 15 seconds the microwave beeps and I check the remote. Good to go. Love it
Thanks, J&T. That helps me know I made the right decision but my puzzlement came from the two active verbs in the instruction: "Set" and "Remove" which implies I must take some action even to leave it at factory settings. I will proceed with the ASSumption that I have no action to take.

[I did send the question to PI through their Contact Us function.]
__________________
SEARCH is your friend!
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: 2013 = 49 / 2014 = 74 / 2015 = 74 / 2016 = 85 (booked = 00, boo!)
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:08 AM   #1835
RKR
Senior Member
 
RKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
Ok good to know they support their stuff but how hard are they to install, I am technical and good with wiring and electronics as I am in the IT industry


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

I'm no electrician and never messed around with anything electrical except for the occasional ceiling fan replacement and such.
The installation is cut and dry. Find a place in line with you power source between the plug on the trailer and your breaker panel. Cut the power cable where you find a spot to mount it. Instructions are simple , attach the wires in line in box matching your colors. The hardest part was attaching the wires in the box cause it's heavy gauge wire. Took me about 2 hrs from start to finish. I took my time.


Sent from my high tech gadget
__________________
RKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:35 PM   #1836
Senior Member
 
iowaborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 290
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1411079359.054807.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	796.9 KB
ID:	63039
Installed a 2.7 Cubic foot refrigerator under the countertop. The area was intended to be a desk area but we never used it as such. Now we have extra room for soda and beer. The antenna amplifier was under the countertop so rather than move it I installed a Wineguard RFL-332 sensor pro.
__________________
2013 F-250 CrewCab 6.7 PowerStroke 4X4
2014 8528RSWS
iowaborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:36 PM   #1837
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Long Island
Posts: 536
Fits nice, great idea.


Started Out With Nothing,
Still Have Most Of It Left!
__________________
jwedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:43 PM   #1838
Senior Member
 
iowaborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowaborn View Post
Attachment 63039
Installed a 2.7 Cubic foot refrigerator under the countertop. The area was intended to be a desk area but we never used it as such. Now we have extra room for soda and beer. The antenna amplifier was under the countertop so rather than move it I installed a Wineguard RFL-332 sensor pro.
The refrigerator is secured to a plywood base and the base is secured to the floor. That should keep it from bouncing around. If it sufferes from heat buildup I will install an electronic cabinet cooler from coolguys. It has a temperature sensor which turns on the fan at around 86* and turns off around 81*.
__________________
2013 F-250 CrewCab 6.7 PowerStroke 4X4
2014 8528RSWS
iowaborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 07:12 PM   #1839
Senior Member
 
PhoneDude 8289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,148
Pulled the RV to Discount Tire here in town and had the Chinese Trail Express taken off and Thailand made Maxxis tires installed with steel valve stems and balanced with the TP monitors installed. Now we are ready for any trip.
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-09-18 15.06.56.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	436.2 KB
ID:	63042

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-09-18 15.07.15.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	363.4 KB
ID:	63043
__________________
Lifted 2014 8289WS Diamond pkg
2014 Ram 2500 SB DC TCD
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 07:24 PM   #1840
Senior Member
 
Lloydg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by presley01 View Post
Pulled the RV to Discount Tire here in town and had the Chinese Trail Express taken off and Thailand made Maxxis tires installed with steel valve stems and balanced with the TP monitors installed. Now we are ready for any trip.
Attachment 63042

Attachment 63043
That's my plan for spring and also have the bearings packed too.
__________________

__________________

2013 Surveyor SVF 293
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2 EFI V8
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Ada, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camper

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 PM.