Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2014, 02:01 PM   #1891
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieMac View Post
Started building an RV pad at my house to park it during downtimes. As you can see, I had great help from the kids and wife. My daughter was out there the entire weekend moving rocks and bricks. The boys came out at times and helped as well. Attachment 63285Attachment 63286


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Are you just laying down concrete pavers or something different? I have just been getting quotes on a concrete extension to our driveway for the TT and they are higher than I would like. A lot has to do with the fact I won't let the cement mixer come down my existing driveway so the concrete needs to be pumped or wheelbarrow'ed. I've started looking at alternatives but it hasn't been serious to this point.
__________________

__________________
2015 F150 Ecoboost
2014 Palomini 142 CK
keith_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:10 PM   #1892
Senior Member
 
FreddieMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_h View Post
Are you just laying down concrete pavers or something different? I have just been getting quotes on a concrete extension to our driveway for the TT and they are higher than I would like. A lot has to do with the fact I won't let the cement mixer come down my existing driveway so the concrete needs to be pumped or wheelbarrow'ed. I've started looking at alternatives but it hasn't been serious to this point.
Yes that is smart to limit that mixer coming to your drive way. That truck would crack it for sure. The pavers are for only three foot deep. My RV is 30', but from the tongue to back wheel is 22'. My drive way is so narrow at one point that I cannot back it in with my Expedition so I purchased a ParkIt360. So, given that, I decided that I wanted pavers for the first three foot to hold the machine once its parked. The rest is going to be 22' X 10' X 3.5" deep of good solid rocks. I am framing it with pressure treated 4" X 4" and dropping rocks then compacting it. I am using a medium sized rock so I can get a good compaction. I have no doubt it will hold this trailer when all is said and done. I estimate the cost will be about $400 for the entire pad.
__________________

__________________
FreddieMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:25 PM   #1893
Senior Member
 
wicked1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Manahawkin
Posts: 1,719
What size TT are you building that for I am thinking of putting in a swing gate from driveway to backyard and building a cement or rock pad for the new Crusader 290 I am hoping to buy any day, my current trailer is the same size so either way they will both fit. I am guessing cement pad will be at least $2500 with 4 foot footings and rebar


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2016 F350 Supercew Short Box 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2015 FR Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 04:03 PM   #1894
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,294
Seeing as how TOWTA has such a distaste for the day/night shades in the 5er, and as usual, gets her way, we just ordered venetian blinds for all the windows.

Anyone want any day/night shades CHEAP?
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 04:20 PM   #1895
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
What size TT are you building that for I am thinking of putting in a swing gate from driveway to backyard and building a cement or rock pad for the new Crusader 290 I am hoping to buy any day, my current trailer is the same size so either way they will both fit. I am guessing cement pad will be at least $2500 with 4 foot footings and rebar


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
If you are asking me, my trailer is 18.5' from tongue to back bumper. I am looking at a 10X20 pad. The quotes so far have come in at $1900-$2000 and that is just for a 4" thick pad on prepped dirt. I live in the Piedmont of NC so don't have to worry about footings or frost line.

The reason I've been looking at concrete is it will have less moisture under the trailer. The area of our yard where the drive is located stays moist most of the year. Great for the grass but not so good for mechanical things. I've thought about going with gravel and pavers or full pavers. I think the full pavers will keep the moisture under control but I'm not sure I want to do the work to keep the cost down not to mention another project. As for the gravel I suspect it will have moisture issues just like the area currently has. For now I have room for everything on the drive it just means I have to play musical cars to change which vehicle I drive at any given time.
__________________
2015 F150 Ecoboost
2014 Palomini 142 CK
keith_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 05:06 PM   #1896
Senior Member
 
FreddieMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_h View Post
If you are asking me, my trailer is 18.5' from tongue to back bumper. I am looking at a 10X20 pad. The quotes so far have come in at $1900-$2000 and that is just for a 4" thick pad on prepped dirt. I live in the Piedmont of NC so don't have to worry about footings or frost line.

The reason I've been looking at concrete is it will have less moisture under the trailer. The area of our yard where the drive is located stays moist most of the year. Great for the grass but not so good for mechanical things. I've thought about going with gravel and pavers or full pavers. I think the full pavers will keep the moisture under control but I'm not sure I want to do the work to keep the cost down not to mention another project. As for the gravel I suspect it will have moisture issues just like the area currently has. For now I have room for everything on the drive it just means I have to play musical cars to change which vehicle I drive at any given time.
In Louisiana the entire state is moisture, so we can use gravel!
__________________
FreddieMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 05:34 PM   #1897
Site Team
 
Mr. Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Grayson County, Texas
Posts: 3,482
I dragged my trailer to Lake Murray (OK) State Park and set it up for a 12 night stay.


Sent (I think)
__________________
SEARCH is your friend!
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: 2013 = 49 / 2014 = 74 / 2015 = 74 / 2016 = 85 (booked = 00, boo!)
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 06:52 PM   #1898
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,110
Quote:
Kids that work for me say that they think I look like Roosevelt




I don't see it
You don't see it 'cause you're not carrying the "Big Stick!"
__________________
1988 Coleman Sequoia - popup (1987-2007)
2012 Roo19 - hybid (2012-2015)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:18 PM   #1899
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,108
I had a 31x61 poured a few years ago....it was $1....and some cents a foot. Plus the dirt work and the concrete.

Just ask around. This guy did a wonderful job. Dug the footings and finished the concrete. I put the wire and plastic down. I also say put the mesh in. Others may say no.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
Our new 5er 10-26-16
Days camped 2016 8
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:28 PM   #1900
Site Team
 
asquared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
Good catch & glad you got it in time for your trip to Sycamore. We had a good time when we were there. Hope next time, we will have more time to chat!
Let me know next time you head that way. We go down there frequently.
__________________

__________________
<a href=http://i62.tinypic.com/28rp645.jpg target=_blank>http://i62.tinypic.com/28rp645.jpg</a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camper

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:48 PM.