Old 10-01-2014, 09:27 AM   #1971

Bummer

435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 11:26 AM   #1972

Swapped out the noisy Dometic Fans for quiet ones.
Now we will have both peace and quiet and cold beer.

Stock 92mm fans:
Yate Loon D90BH-12, 2600rpm, 46cfm at 38db.

Replacement 120mm fans:
Cooler Guys 120mm, 1200rpm, 46cfm at 20.4db

The stock fans seemed much louder than their rating, with almost a metalic growl. Even at night, the replacement fans can barely be heard close to the cabinet where the fridge is installed.

There was plenty of room for 120mm fans, why couldn't Dometic do this?

Old 10-01-2014, 05:13 PM   #1973
Dazed & Confused

I installed my OC awning pole brackets and awning poles today. I made my poles form 1" and 1-1/4" PVC conduit and they were heavy enough the awning did open right. I removed the bottom, 1-1/4" sections and thing were good. I stored the bottom poles under the sofa and it will be easy enough to slide them on when I want to use the hold down. BTW The concrete blocks were for demo purposes only.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0005 (Medium).JPG
Views:	152
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	63922   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0002 (Medium).JPG
Views:	148
Size:	395.5 KB
ID:	63923  
M&K Hoffman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 05:52 PM   #1974
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEHoffman View Post
I installed my OC awning pole brackets and awning poles today. I made my poles form 1" and 1-1/4" PVC conduit and they were heavy enough the awning did open right. I removed the bottom, 1-1/4" sections and thing were good. I stored the bottom poles under the sofa and it will be easy enough to slide them on when I want to use the hold down. BTW The concrete blocks were for demo purposes only.
Looks good. Can you stow the inner and outer pole and then retract the awing? I just added one turn to the torsion spring on mine to reduce the load on the motor, due to the motor shooting craps 2 weeks before Goshen. They did replace the motor for free @ the rally. I also carry 2 spare motors and 2 spare torsion springs just in case one shoots craps while we're in Florida.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:31 PM   #1975
Dazed & Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Looks good. Can you stow the inner and outer pole and then retract the awing? I just added one turn to the torsion spring on mine to reduce the load on the motor, due to the motor shooting craps 2 weeks before Goshen. They did replace the motor for free @ the rally. I also carry 2 spare motors and 2 spare torsion springs just in case one shoots craps while we're in Florida.
To tell you the truth,, I did not try retracting the awning with the poles stowed. I can see where that might make a difference. As far as adding another turn on the torsion spring, I can certainly give that a try also, once I learn how it is done.
M&K Hoffman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:48 PM   #1976
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEHoffman View Post
...As far as adding another turn on the torsion spring, I can certainly give that a try also, once I learn how it is done.
I can tell you how I did it. Run the awning out about 6", remove the awning bracket(this includes the 1/4" bolt holding the torsion bar end in the arm, standing on a ladder in front of the arm and with leather gloves on, very carefully lift the awning tube while maintaining a FIRM, SECURE GRIP on the torsion spring bracket and lift the bracket out of the arm (the arm will kick out, so be prepared, it's not violent, but it did startle me. Turn the torsion bracket one more turn to put more tension on it and re-insert in in the arm, re-install the awning pole bracket and bolts and you're thru. Takes about 10 minutes start to finish. DO NOT ATTEMPT to do this with the awning fully deployed! Deploy the awning only enough to be able to lift the torsion bracket up out of the arm. 6" is enough.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:58 PM   #1977
Mod free 5er

FedEx delivered 7 of the 8 venetian blinds to replace the day/nite shades. The 8th one should be here tomorrow. Was going to replace them while we were in FL and decided to do it before we leave and not have to transport the d/n shades back. If anyone wants the d/n shades, pay the shipping and you can have them, otherwise, the big blue wheeled container gets them.

2) 20" wide x 20" long
1) 36" wide x 18" long
2) 38" wide x 24" long
1) 38" wide x 32" long
1) 50" wide x 39" long
Old 10-01-2014, 11:01 PM   #1978
Infractee

I would like them OC, if they will not be in your way I will get to go to my storage on Saturday and measure my windows. I do not want to take ones I can not use.
Thanks!
Old 10-02-2014, 12:38 AM   #1979

Took our little TT to the local KOA yesterday. BBQd some burgers tonight and using the Dutch Oven tomorrow. Oh yeah, installed the screen door handle from Camco I've been waiting to do... 5minute project, and I love it. Tomorrow I'll do the battery disconnect and a couple other piddling things...

2008 Forest River Micro-Lite 18FBR
2000 Ford Explorer Sports Trac
WBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 02:23 AM   #1980

Haven't actually "Done" anything yet except order things. Two weeks ago I ordered the oxygenetics shower head, last week ordered two Maxxair II vent covers, and today I ordered a portable ice maker and a 7' collapsible step ladder. Next up, stair treads.

Days camped 2014 - 0, 2015 - 24
IlliniJoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper