Old 10-02-2014, 07:37 AM   #1981
RKR

Installed new microwave yesterday. Going to install my Progressive Dynamics converter today after work.

Sent from my high tech gadget

Old 10-02-2014, 07:42 AM   #1982
MagnusGto

Both ends?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
I can tell you how I did it. Run the awning out about 6", remove the awning bracket(this includes the 1/4" bolt holding the torsion bar end in the arm, standing on a ladder in front of the arm and with leather gloves on, very carefully lift the awning tube while maintaining a FIRM, SECURE GRIP on the torsion spring bracket and lift the bracket out of the arm (the arm will kick out, so be prepared, it's not violent, but it did startle me. Turn the torsion bracket one more turn to put more tension on it and re-insert in in the arm, re-install the awning pole bracket and bolts and you're thru. Takes about 10 minutes start to finish. DO NOT ATTEMPT to do this with the awning fully deployed! Deploy the awning only enough to be able to lift the torsion bracket up out of the arm. 6" is enough.
Is there a spring at both ends or just where the motor is? I need to do this as well. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:05 AM   #1983

Yesturday evening;
Under our kitchen slide by the center jack stablizer where all the wires and gas line are located they have always hung way down low towards the ground so I looked at it to see if I could fix that. At the looks of it the factory or dealer tried to strap the gas line and electrical up but only they rigged it and not a good rigging at all and the gas line was kinking. I was able to remove the tie straps and mount all the electrical and gas line up properly with no more kinks in the gas line. It looks alot better now and you can't even see the lines hanging there anymore.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:23 AM   #1984
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnusgto View Post
Is there a spring at both ends or just where the motor is? I need to do this as well. Thanks in advance.
Torsion spring is only on the left hand side (facing the awning). No spring on the motor end.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:08 AM   #1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
I also carry 2 spare motors and 2 spare torsion springs just in case one shoots craps while we're in Florida.
Wow, are the motors and springs that subject to failure?
If so, where is the best place to get them?

How would you retract the awning in the event of a failure of either?
Old 10-02-2014, 10:40 AM   #1986
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad View Post
Wow, are the motors and springs that subject to failure?
If so, where is the best place to get them?

How would you retract the awning in the event of a failure of either?
Not that prone to failure, but when you see a good deal on eBay/FRF, you pounce on it. LOL
If the motor fails when deployed, just drill the rivets and replace it. About 15 minutes if you have the tools, which I do. If the torsion spring fails, retract the awning and replace it.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:54 PM   #1987
RKR

In the last 4 days I've installed a new microwave, Progressive hard wired EMS , and a new Progressive Dynamics converter today after work.
Tomorrow I'll blow out my water lines and prep it for winter. Give it a bath Saturday morning then put it in the barn for winter. Had to cut the camping season short this year.
Not happy about it but the DW has us pretty busy the next couple months. It'll will be good to know that it'll be ready to rock and roll next season.

Sent from my high tech gadget
Old 10-03-2014, 11:33 AM   #1988

It isn't exactly my TT and it took a couple of weeks but I just finished sprucing up our TV. When we decided to buy a TT we also decided to keep our 2001 Explorer for a few more years. Like many the plastic trim and running boards were starting to look pretty raggedy so I got some Krylon Fusion, pulled all the trim and bumper covers and painted it all. For the running board pads I used truck bedliner. I need to let things finish curing before I can clean it all up but should get to that next week sometime.

Before:

After:

And a full side view:

Old 10-03-2014, 11:38 AM   #1989

Very nice job!
Old 10-03-2014, 01:06 PM   #1990

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_h View Post
It isn't exactly my TT and it took a couple of weeks but I just finished sprucing up our TV. When we decided to buy a TT we also decided to keep our 2001 Explorer for a few more years. Like many the plastic trim and running boards were starting to look pretty raggedy so I got some Krylon Fusion, pulled all the trim and bumper covers and painted it all. For the running board pads I used truck bedliner. I need to let things finish curing before I can clean it all up but should get to that next week sometime.

Before:

After:

And a full side view:

Who would have thought, that looks great, nice job, do you think it will hold up?...

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper