Old 10-26-2014, 10:06 PM   #2161

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneDude 8289 View Post
Finished loading clothes and misc pet supplies. Turned on the propane, got the fridg turned on, should be ready to load fridg in the morning and hook and book down the road. Headed for Memphis and Graceland. May spend a day or two in Little Rock AR area. Planing a two week trip, maybe longer.
You are a lucky person, That is great. I hope you guys have a wonderful time. By the way say HI to Elvis for me. I'm stuck at home and thinking of winter. Everything closes Saturday here in Virginia. That's State and COE camp grounds. I think they allow spaces 4 open at each CG but no utility's. I'll have to check on that. Even through your not coming this way but some others might be traveling SOUTH....

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 10:23 PM   #2162

I do have a question for anyone. I have what FR calls Cherry Wood cabinets. I'm tiring to find a stain the same color. I can't even get close. I want to use clear pine for the wood and tie it into the same as the rest. Has anyone know of a stain that would work? Thanks for your help it is driving me crazy to match it. FR will not sell it or supply it.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 10:27 PM   #2163

I installed 2 UltraBreeze covers and a MaxxAir cover.

Nights camped in 2011/36, 2012/9, 2013/24, 2014/27; 2015/50 2016: 29
hockeytownmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 10:58 PM   #2164

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I do have a question for anyone. I have what FR calls Cherry Wood cabinets. I'm tiring to find a stain the same color. I can't even get close. I want to use clear pine for the wood and tie it into the same as the rest. Has anyone know of a stain that would work? Thanks for your help it is driving me crazy to match it. FR will not sell it or supply it.

I dunno about the color, but gel stain is prolly the best choice. Prolly take several coats to get the pine very dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 10-27-2014, 06:21 AM   #2165

My guess it is not a stain but a dye and then a clear coat. If you have a woodcraft or other wood working store near you see them about a match. I do a lot of wood working and use dyes a lot. Much better look than stain. Most cherry finishes are not cherry at all but maple or alder made to look like what we perceive as cherry. Real cherry looks nothing like that.

Real cherry when first finished is light but naturally darkens over time. They don't have that kind of time os the simulate.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:59 AM   #2166

Quote:
Originally Posted by harderd View Post
My guess it is not a stain but a dye and then a clear coat. If you have a woodcraft or other wood working store near you see them about a match. I do a lot of wood working and use dyes a lot. Much better look than stain. Most cherry finishes are not cherry at all but maple or alder made to look like what we perceive as cherry. Real cherry looks nothing like that.

Real cherry when first finished is light but naturally darkens over time. They don't have that kind of time os the simulate.
You are spot on! I think Glenn should rethink using the (Clear Pine),F/R uses a more (open grain) wood. I have a (Witch Doctor Brew) that I mixed up for small Wood repairs (Fake Cherry) in our unit. Close but NO cigar! Youroo!!
Old 10-27-2014, 08:19 AM   #2167

Just as soon as I shut down this computer we will stock the fridg, hook up and add some miles to the RV, Memphis bound.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:09 AM   #2168

Well, finally had time to spend $20 & 1 hr to display pride, thanks to the forum for the excellent plans, this is great. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	464.8 KB
ID:	65396
Old 10-27-2014, 01:12 PM   #2169

I thought about it...wondered if the dealer has done anything in the 2 weeks they've had it.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:40 PM   #2170
Mod free 5er

You have to mix 2 and sometimes 3 different stains to get it close.

Tags
camper