Old 10-27-2014, 09:31 PM   #2181

Did a very stupid thing yesterday. After getting the fridg going and packing the camper for an early departure this morning I locked everything up and left most of the lights on. No power at storage, this morning the battery was dead. Fired up the generator, plugged in the RV and let it charge a couple of hours. Left the storage lot late this morning with the camper in tow. We are spending the night at a beautiful place called Mill Creek Ranch Resort in Canton Texas. Only did about 125 miles today, DW wanted to stop here and shop. Sounds like she may want to spend a second day here, that's ok, no hurry, no schedule we will get to Memphis whenever we get there.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:46 PM   #2182
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Well, I haven't done anything to my camper, but need to. She needs a bath! I've been too busy camping to have a weekend to tend to her and she will have to wait a bit longer. Been out in her the last two weekends, have a ballgame this weekend and then camping locally the following weekend. When I'm not camping, it seems all the other stuff (grass, yard work, oil change) gets in the way. Maybe I need to move further north............nah!!!

Nights Camped 2015-(47)2016-29
BombDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 10:28 PM   #2183

Nothing today as I had to work. In fact, I didn't even get to see her today as she is at the storage lot now awaiting either her first overnight trip next weekend or her first big outside wash and wax...or maybe both! Not sure yet.
But yesterday we cleaned and sanitized the entire inside. I think we literally cleaned every surface and nook and cranny in the entire trailer!!
Windows, walls, inside of all the cabinets, corners, crevices, everything. Twice! I loved every minute of it too. Funny how enjoyable it is to spend time with my new camper and clean it, but I can come home and complain about having to vacuum my house. One is fun, the other is work. Weird!
2009 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ
Jennifer9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 04:14 PM   #2184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer9 View Post
Nothing today as I had to work. In fact, I didn't even get to see her today as she is at the storage lot now awaiting either her first overnight trip next weekend or her first big outside wash and wax...or maybe both! Not sure yet.
But yesterday we cleaned and sanitized the entire inside. I think we literally cleaned every surface and nook and cranny in the entire trailer!!
Windows, walls, inside of all the cabinets, corners, crevices, everything. Twice! I loved every minute of it too. Funny how enjoyable it is to spend time with my new camper and clean it, but I can come home and complain about having to vacuum my house. One is fun, the other is work. Weird!

Work in the camper is fun and yes you're right at the sticks and bricks it is work! Oh I wish it was February so we could go to AZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 10-28-2014, 07:17 PM   #2185
Dazed & Confused

Installed vent covers on the two that did not have one and removed the factory installed water filter housing.
M&K Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:20 PM   #2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEHoffman View Post
Installed vent covers on the two that did not have one and removed the factory installed water filter housing.

Yeah I put on the max air vent covers love them but little bugs still get in and then I have to get on the roof and vacuum the bugs out of the vent screens but still a worthwhile investment

Old 10-29-2014, 08:57 AM   #2187

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
Yeah I put on the max air vent covers love them but little bugs still get in and then I have to get on the roof and vacuum the bugs out of the vent screens but still a worthwhile investment

You can also use a hair dryer or can of compressed air from inside to blow the bugs out...

Old 10-29-2014, 09:02 AM   #2188
Infractee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post

I just flick the screen with my finger and they pop out.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:31 PM   #2189

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoZeta View Post
I just flick the screen with my finger and they pop out.

X2
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:36 PM   #2190

Wax on! Wax off! (I am SO sore. )

2015 Flagstaff 8528RKWS fiver
2013 Ram 2500 CTD Laramie CC SB 4WD Auto
cbconway is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper