Old 11-19-2014, 11:41 PM   #2341
CANADA FROG RALLY 2017

I put my Fifth Wheel hitch, pressure washer and blue tank away for the winter. Pulled out the snow blower to blow 6 inches of snow!!! Such hope Lake Huron freezes this year!

2016 Ford F 350 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab FX4
2008 Golden Falcon 380PA Park Model Model

"Oh Canada,True North Strong and Free!"
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:46 AM   #2342

Nothing yet, 42 out there right now. Temperature forecasted to be 70 today, I'll be on the roof of the RV cleaning the caulking and adding Dicor 505 lap sealant to those areas. Getting her ready for our trip to So Tx Monday morning.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:50 AM   #2343
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Well it isn't my camper but rather my bosses hawkeye football bus.
I winterized it 3 weeks ago and then Mr white whom writes my checks decided to dewinterize and not tell me.
Thank god of all the things to go wrong I only found this broken.

TURBS.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1416498600407.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	371.0 KB
ID:	66658  
Old 11-20-2014, 11:22 AM   #2344
Dazed & Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Well it isn't my camper but rather my bosses hawkeye football bus.
I winterized it 3 weeks ago and then Mr white whom writes my checks decided to dewinterize and not tell me.
Thank god of all the things to go wrong I only found this broken.
TURBS.
Go Hawkeyes!!

M&K Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:26 AM   #2345
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Roger that!
Big Wisconsin game Saturday!

TURBS.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1416500757119.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	66661  
Old 11-20-2014, 05:32 PM   #2346

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Fixed it or replaced it with a new one?
I applied the proper amount of vertical force to dislodge the offending electronic from its housing. I then, with precise and exacting precision, inserted the new fuse into the same location using exact force and controlled velocity. Therefore, as we southerners like to say, I fixed it...
Old 11-20-2014, 05:48 PM   #2347
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieMac View Post
I applied the proper amount of vertical force to dislodge the offending electronic from its housing. I then, with precise and exacting precision, inserted the new fuse into the same location using exact force and controlled velocity. Therefore, as we southerners like to say, I fixed it...
Just wondered how you fixed a blown fuse. Us other southerners just replace them with new ones.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:58 PM   #2348

Me wonders what blowed the fuse?
Nights camped 2016 = 25!
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:31 PM   #2349

Not just today, but the past couple weeks we are working to getting ready for wintering in Texas. The DW made new curtains and I modified the valances to hang the curtain rods.

Removed the internal water filter and made up a two stage filter assembly to sit outside.

We took out the couch to make room for a sewing/quilting center for the DW. Discovered after removing the couch that I had to make some panels to cover the little shelfs on the wall at both sides of the couch. They did not bother to cover the opening as it was covered by the couch when it was in place.

We are taking an end table to sit beside my recliner and the other recliner will move to sit next to the sewing center for the DW. I made a wood frame to strap the end table and the rolling dining table to so they don't move around while traveling. When we arrive in Texas, the wood frame will be stored for the return home.

I added a 15 amp inlet for a dedicated electric heater outlet. Drilling a hole in the side of the 5er for the inlet was worrisome, but it turned out just fine.

Today I swapped out the analog termostat with a Coleman Mach Digital

There was very little air flow from the floor registers, but the basement storage was toasty. Found out that one end of the furnace cover came loose so I added some weather stripping to the frame and reattached the panel, it should be much more efficient now.

The stands I bought off Turbs at Amana will be used for stabilization of the entry steps instead of placing them under the axle frame as originally planned.

After rearranging the storage areas this weekend after it warms up a little we should be good to leave on the 29th, weather permitting.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:47 PM   #2350

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowaborn View Post
Not just today, but the past couple weeks we are working to getting ready for wintering in Texas. The DW made new curtains and I modified the valances to hang the curtain rods.

Removed the internal water filter and made up a two stage filter assembly to sit outside.

We took out the couch to make room for a sewing/quilting center for the DW. Discovered after removing the couch that I had to make some panels to cover the little shelfs on the wall at both sides of the couch. They did not bother to cover the opening as it was covered by the couch when it was in place.

We are taking an end table to sit beside my recliner and the other recliner will move to sit next to the sewing center for the DW. I made a wood frame to strap the end table and the rolling dining table to so they don't move around while traveling. When we arrive in Texas, the wood frame will be stored for the return home.

I added a 15 amp inlet for a dedicated electric heater outlet. Drilling a hole in the side of the 5er for the inlet was worrisome, but it turned out just fine.

Today I swapped out the analog termostat with a Coleman Mach Digital

There was very little air flow from the floor registers, but the basement storage was toasty. Found out that one end of the furnace cover came loose so I added some weather stripping to the frame and reattached the panel, it should be much more efficient now.

The stands I bought off Turbs at Amana will be used for stabilization of the entry steps instead of placing them under the axle frame as originally planned.

After rearranging the storage areas this weekend after it warms up a little we should be good to leave on the 29th, weather permitting.
Good luck and have a safe trip

Tags
camper