Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2015, 01:34 PM   #4681

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Got the front wear strip made and trial fitted, made it 1" wider than the plastic one. Will now make one for the rear. To flipping hot to work outdoors now, so will make the other one in ac and install them when it cools off tonight or tomorrow morning.
The entertainment slide on our Rpckwood started screeching and squeaking sometime back. Spent several days lubing and trying to track it down. After posting a few pictures it was discovered there were no wear blocks under the entertainment / dinette slide and that there was under the sofa / kitchen slide. An e-mail with pictures and a phone call to FR netted me a 4' long X 1 1/2" piece of the wear strip material. After cutting and installing 2 wear strips no more screeching and squeaking when moving the slide in or out. My thanks for all the advice and help on this forum.
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 07:14 PM   #4682
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydg View Post
How about a picture? Like to do the same myself. Thanks.
I will when I get the rear one made. Had to stop and do some errands and just got back on the forum. I am making them out of 0.032 aluminum, don't know if they'll last very long, but the thin plastic ones lasted 3+ yrs, so if they last that long, I'll be finished camping.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 07:44 PM   #4683

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneDude 8289 View Post
The entertainment slide on our Rpckwood started screeching and squeaking sometime back. Spent several days lubing and trying to track it down. After posting a few pictures it was discovered there were no wear blocks under the entertainment / dinette slide and that there was under the sofa / kitchen slide. An e-mail with pictures and a phone call to FR netted me a 4' long X 1 1/2" piece of the wear strip material. After cutting and installing 2 wear strips no more screeching and squeaking when moving the slide in or out. My thanks for all the advice and help on this forum.
Hi Phone Guy. My slides were doing the same thing. In Goshen they removed the blocks and said they are not needed. The slide run smooth as silk now. Also lubed everything with dry lube, gears, track, gear packs. Rockwood techs know best in IMHO!
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:53 PM   #4684
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
I will when I get the rear one made. Had to stop and do some errands and just got back on the forum. I am making them out of 0.032 aluminum, don't know if they'll last very long, but the thin plastic ones lasted 3+ yrs, so if they last that long, I'll be finished camping.
That trailer is becoming a park model....next you'll want to borrow my DODGE so you'll be able to go to Florida!
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:59 PM   #4685
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
That trailer is becoming a park model....next you'll want to borrow my DODGE so you'll be able to go to Florida!
You'll be lucky if that Dodge makes it out of Missouri without someone using it for ditch fill and you go buy a Duramax so you can get thru the Rockies.
Old 08-20-2015, 05:34 AM   #4686

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
I heard yours is the only flagstaff in the world with a level up system.

Prototype?

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "24 nights"
I guess you can call it that after they replaced the ram they welded in some gussets so I won't twist, he called my frame a pinto design, which I guess is different then your frame. These are some reinforcement pictures. This why they do not want to do a Rockwood/ Flagstaff again. They welded on it so to me they also own it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Goshen 2015 Brackets 005.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	253.8 KB
ID:	86277   Click image for larger version

Name:	Goshen 2015 Brackets 006.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	314.4 KB
ID:	86278  

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:57 AM   #4687
Always Learning

Sitting at a body shop while they swap my wheels and install new springs.

No shocks this go-round. I need to find somewhere to do it.

Doesn't someone here live in Branson, MO? I could use a recommendation for somewhere that could do install shocks on the camper and replace the ones on the truck.
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 09:13 AM   #4688
Left Coast

Bring a coat....it's chilly here at the KOA....Branson, MO.... Going to HD today to pick up material to install storage tube caps....had to buy new sewer hose, as the roads in Tenn. ate the one 's I had.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:41 AM   #4689

Yesterday pulled the gray water valve as it has become impossible to operate. Last week it didn't close and it was fun to try and hook up the hose. Only cut one pipe and parts are due in tomorrow. Hope it goes well.

9.5 year old FR Cherokee 295 WP 32' toyhauler
2013 Ford F250 SD CC 4X4 4.30 gears
Tuned-- engine, music, and exhaust,
bpadamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 10:37 AM   #4690
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Bring a coat....it's chilly here at the KOA....Branson, MO.... Going to HD today to pick up material to install storage tube caps....had to buy new sewer hose, as the roads in Tenn. ate the one 's I had.
LISTEN to your elders, buy 2 more 5" sq posts & caps while you can get them!

If nothing else, you can always sell them to one of your Left Coast camping buddies and make a few bucks.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:49 AM   #4691

Going to start building a battery box on the front of our v lite, that will house a small battery operated compressor. Want a battery selector and shut off switch and volt meter built in it.
Old 08-20-2015, 11:04 AM   #4692
Always Learning

Quote:
Bring a coat....it's chilly here at the KOA....Branson, MO....
Yeah, we have coats buried somewhere.
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 11:25 AM   #4693
Left Coast

Maybe ....OC, did you call ahead and tell Silver Dollar City we were coming today? Went out there a d their closed TODAY! Linda said...Missouri sucks! We'll look on lap top later to see if open tomorrow....another night in Brandon!:
Old 08-20-2015, 11:38 AM   #4694
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Maybe ....OC, did you call ahead and tell Silver Dollar City we were coming today? Went out there a d their closed TODAY! Linda said...Missouri sucks! We'll look on lap top later to see if open tomorrow....another night in Brandon!:
Most folks would have consulted the calendar.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SDC-2015-Calendar.pdf (584.7 KB, 61 views)
Old 08-20-2015, 01:01 PM   #4695
Left Coast

Quote:
Most folks would have consulted the calendar.
Key word...most......storage tubes on hold..Linda just bought a wall clock at this stored procedure and any...I'm sitting' down, 500 green backs! She's tak'in Frankie shopping next....in Florida! Lol
Old 08-20-2015, 01:09 PM   #4696
Left Coast

Most folks would of by-passed Missouri......Linda's taking Frankie shopping...she just bought a 500 dollar wall clock...guess the storage tubes are on hold!
Old 08-20-2015, 01:22 PM   #4697
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Got the rear one made and installed. Took the 2 wear blocks off and you could see that the blocks were what messed up the plastic wear strips. Got the LCI slide runners to use and will fab a couple of angle clips to hold them due to the fact that we removed the carpet and there is nothing for the points to grab.

Suggest anyone making their own wear strips to increase the length at least 1" on the curved end so when you get them installed, you can bend the excess over flat and secure it with a screw. I didn't and just Gorilla glued the entire curved surface. If it doesn't hold, I will make new ones with the extra 1" on the front.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01653.JPG
Views:	231
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	86328  
Old 08-20-2015, 01:23 PM   #4698
Left Coast

Do to school starting, Silver Dollar City closed all week.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:27 PM   #4699
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Quote:
Got the rear one made and installed. Took the 2 wear blocks off and you could see that the blocks were what messed up the plastic wear strips. Got the LCI slide runners to use and will fab a couple of angle clips to hold them due to the fact that we removed the carpet and there is nothing for the points to grab.

Suggest anyone making their own wear strips to increase the length at least 1" on the curved end so when you get them installed, you can bend the excess over flat and secure it with a screw. I didn't and just Gorilla glued the entire curved surface. If it doesn't hold, I will make new ones with the extra 1" on the front.
Don't you two have a geritol meeting or something to attend?

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "24 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 01:34 PM   #4700
Mod free 5er

Quote:
According to the SDC calendar, they are open tomorrow 10-6, Sat 9:30-6 & Sun 10-6. Get Linda to open & interpret the calendar for you.

Tags
camper