Old 11-21-2014, 07:27 PM   #2361
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by techntrek View Post
A campground in Florida that doesn't have level sites??? I thought that was physically impossible, based on all of my trips to the state.
They are close, but no cigar for being level. You can usually maneuver around and get close, but we usually had to use the Linx blocks, but this year with a pr of Andersons, it should be a lot easier/faster.

Old 11-21-2014, 07:47 PM   #2362

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Thousand Trails Orlando .. Sites aren't level, but are for the most part roomy and have 30&50A service.
The sites not being level isn't bad- they're usually within a 1" - 1 1/2" of being level from what we've seen. I've had worse in other campgrounds where we've needed 2 blocks to get level. (Or even worse, where the door side was the high side - that annoys the snot out of me; it makes my steps that further off of the ground.)

On edit, I see your post above saying they're close.

But I think that's a weird thing to ding a campground on. I've only been to 1 or 2 places that were dead nuts level. (Edit 2- ok, maybe not a ding. But that close is barely mentionable for me. I comment this much because it is interesting for me to see what people bring up.)

ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 07:55 PM   #2363

Well being Polish it usually takes 4 Pollocks to change a light bulb....1 on the ladder and three to turn the ladder.....we are confused on the led's of the camper...
Old 11-21-2014, 08:45 PM   #2364

Old Coot, The two parks you mentioned are just up the highway from my parents place in Sebring I want to take my MH down to visit them, do they have weekly spots or are they longer term CG's?
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 08:57 PM   #2365
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrauts View Post
Old Coot, The two parks you mentioned are just up the highway from my parents place in Sebring I want to take my MH down to visit them, do they have weekly spots or are they longer term CG's?
Thousand Trails is open to the public, but Fawn Ridge is private but you can buy/lease a membership for usually just paying someone's yearly assessment of $430 plus $100 for filing fees with the county/state. It permits 2 weeks in/1 week out... $3/night fee for electric. It is gated and all buildings are locked and only members have keys. Exceptionally clean and beautifully maintained, level concrete pads & patios.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:57 PM   #2366

Quote:

Wow ....small world

DH's mom and step dad have a place in Sebring for the winter too !! It is nice there but a few hours from any attractions or the beaches 😞
Old 11-21-2014, 09:05 PM   #2367

Thanks for the info Old Coot.
heavynlori How's this for small world, Its my mom and step dad also! They have owned a place there for 19 (?) years now. Like you said its not near anything but its usually warmer than Ontario in winter!
Old 11-21-2014, 09:10 PM   #2368

Quote:
Thanks for the info Old Coot.
heavynlori How's this for small world, Its my mom and step dad also! They have owned a place there for 19 (?) years now. Like you said its not near anything but its usually warmer than Ontario in winter!

Yeah they like to golf so it works for them 🌞🌞

I think they have owned for about 10 years down there - they leave Ohio by end of Oct and come home first of May

Kinda puts a damper on holidays and such - PLUS my parents live in Hudson full time since 1998

Out of sight but always on our mind 💕💕💕
Old 11-21-2014, 09:22 PM   #2369

heavynlori I hear you, this will be the first time in 19 years my parents have been home for Christmas as my mother just had her gallbladder out four days ago and can't leave to go to Florida until Jan.They live in Sun and Lakes Estates, two blocks from the golf course. I guess we shouldn't be talking about this here and hijacking this thread
Old 11-21-2014, 09:26 PM   #2370

Quote:
heavynlori I hear you, this will be the first time in 19 years my parents have been home for Christmas as my mother just had her gallbladder out four days ago and can't leave to go to Florida until Jan.They live in Sun and Lakes Estates, two blocks from the golf course. I guess we shouldn't be talking about this here and hijacking this thread

Yep - you got it !!!

Bye now 👍

Tags
camper