Old 12-08-2014, 02:09 PM   #2421
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Well after 3 years, decided to quite using extension cords. Installed a 30 amp RV box with burying the conduit with #8- 3 conductor copper wire. Made a home run from my panel in the garage to the pillar on my carport. What use to take me oneday to do took 3 days, just can't do stuff as fast anymore. Still use my surge protector on it that I used to use before I got my EMS.
What's with the bend in the conduit or is it an optical delusion?

Old 12-08-2014, 02:25 PM   #2422
WDK

Depending on the size of your AC that 20 amp cord is probably sweating bullets when you run the AC which is why you can't run the microwave or the toaster and that's the trade off though a 15 or 20 amp service is not going to have much trouble running your small appliances by themselves.

WDK

Old 12-08-2014, 03:06 PM   #2423

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
What's with the bend in the conduit or is it an optical delusion?
It was either chip out 6" of asphalt or use a piece of flex. Good eye. The reason I went with 30 amp is so I could run anything I want. I also use it as my man cave to get away and for guest sometimes if they stay, Just didn't want Camco extension cords all over the place. Would have liked it on the other side but I wasn't going to cut concrete and asphalt to get it there. Just thought it would be a lot safer then low voltage or tripping all the time on an exposed 30 amp extension laying in my grass. I'm just disappointed I couldn't get solid copper instead of strain. Couldn't find it anywhere near me in the boonies. I had a cut off end of an extension cord and wired it into a drier plug after changing it to 110 V. with 2 cords connected. Now I just plug my unit plug in the RV box....
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 04:47 PM   #2424

What did you do to your camper today?

Not to my trailer but to the tow rig.
Adjusted the grover air horn to get more out of it, changed the oil along with adding some archoil, plasti dipped the grille and emblem, and found the last leak (hopefully) on my onboard air system. Now to get a hitting to replace the one and then seal the other. I will never recommend that liquid Teflon tape crap! All but one fitting ended up leaking with using that crap even though people say it's better. I call bs! I would check them all and one would be leaking so I would correct it then another would pop up....
Rookie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 05:05 PM   #2425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie19 View Post
Not to my trailer but to the tow rig.
Adjusted the grover air horn to get more out of it, changed the oil along with adding some archoil, plasti dipped the grille and emblem, and found the last leak (hopefully) on my onboard air system. Now to get a hitting to replace the one and then seal the other. I will never recommend that liquid Teflon tape crap! All but one fitting ended up leaking with using that crap even though people say it's better. I call bs! I would check them all and one would be leaking so I would correct it then another would pop up....
Sometimes the new and better ways just are not at all as you just learned.... I guess call me old school...
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 05:12 PM   #2426

We have a Catalina Santara 272BH and we love it for trips. We are in the middle of changing the BH room into our storage/dressing room. When completed will send pics.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:19 PM   #2427
WDK

I would love to use my coach as my man cave and have everything running but it's not essential.... it's just the wife and I at home, I don't need to get away from her...she is my pal among other nice things and we have rule....as much as my extra large master bedroom can sustain me for days....ie microwave, frig, big screen and bed of course ....we don't have anyone over we have to hide from.

WDK
Old 12-08-2014, 05:54 PM   #2428

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Sometimes the new and better ways just are not at all as you just learned.... I guess call me old school...

Agreed! I've always used Teflon tape until a couple people said to use the paste.... Never again!
Rookie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 05:54 PM   #2429
CANADA FROG RALLY 2017

Looked at it sleeping.... Pulled the battery as well as we are done for now..

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141206_112107.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	211.4 KB
ID:	67344

Brian
2016 Ford F 350 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab FX4
2008 Golden Falcon 380PA Park Model Model

"Oh Canada,True North Strong and Free!"
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 06:58 PM   #2430

Not today, but Saturday. But saying it might make me feel less stupid.

I tore the steps off against my step daughters car. I got in a hurry, was running late and needed to run the camper to the dealership so they can finally install my window, went out, hooked up, dropped the clutch and took off. Go around the car and the whole thing stops.

I proved, always do a walk around even if it's sleeping. I left the steps down from when I winterized it. Then, in a four hours of sleep induced hurry made a dumb mistake.

The steps are destroyed, but the structure holding them is fine. I'll just need to straighten a couple of support braces. The car, rear bumper cover, the side skirt and the quarter panel are hurt.

So that's what I did to mine, and I feel no less stupid having said it. Do your walkarounds kids.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper