Old 01-24-2015, 11:26 AM   #2681

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojojojo View Post
An engineer is the person in charge of a train, not a collage degree holding designer of products.
According to Wikipedia, the definition of an engineer is An engineer is a professional practitioner of engineering, concerned with applying scientific knowledge, mathematics, and ingenuity to develop solutions for technical, societal and commercial problems. Engineers design materials, structures, and systems while considering the limitations imposed by practicality, regulation, safety, and cost.[1][2] The word engineer is derived from the Latin roots ingeniare ("to contrive, devise") and ingenium ("cleverness").[

2013 Surveyor SVF 293
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2 EFI V8
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Ada, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 12:39 PM   #2682

Getting a quote on a Brookstone 395RL and am threatening my wife with s road trip to go see it.

ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 01:44 PM   #2683

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydg View Post
According to Wikipedia, the definition of an engineer is An engineer is a professional practitioner of engineering, concerned with applying scientific knowledge, mathematics, and ingenuity to develop solutions for technical, societal and commercial problems. Engineers design materials, structures, and systems while considering the limitations imposed by practicality, regulation, safety, and cost.[1][2] The word engineer is derived from the Latin roots ingeniare ("to contrive, devise") and ingenium ("cleverness").[
Long before Wikipedia or even Webster a steam engine was operated by who? An engineer.
Old 01-24-2015, 02:10 PM   #2684

Props to engineers of all types! I have an engineer's mind, but I love me some diesel-electric power, too.
Honda EU3000is inverter-generator
techntrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 02:13 PM   #2685
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Getting a quote on a Brookstone 395RL and am threatening my wife with s road trip to go see it.
Thanks for a post telling us what you did camper-wise today.

Nights Camped: 2013 = 49 / 2014 = 74 / 2015 = 74 / 2016 = 85
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 05:25 PM   #2686

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydg View Post
Being a P.E., and also with a deep love of trains, I see no need to argue, but I'd like to point out if one goes much further back in time - early 1300s - that's where engine'er first appeared. Then, it meant quite directly the operator of the engine, and engine at that time was a military engine or what we refer to as siege engines or siege machines today! Because the operator of the siege machine was quite often the creator too, engine'er came to refer to the "builder of military engines." I know that sounds strange today, but you also need to understand that engine is derived from ingenium which is also the root for ingenious!

Anyhow, what I did to our new camper today was work on fabrication of aluminum underbelly storage drawers!

Old 01-24-2015, 06:31 PM   #2687

I tried to remove the LED light from the fridge, but couldn't get the housing off. Going to wait till the weather is a bit warmer till I go out there and figure it out.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:41 PM   #2688

I hooked up a 12 Volt Meter today. I mounted it inside above my electrical panel and below the Fridge.

Now I know and can tell at a glance the state of the battery and if the convertor is charging it, etc.

To me, this should be a standard item on all RV's.
2015 Overnight Camping Days = 25, States Below:
SeaHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 06:50 PM   #2689
Looking Down Range

I walked across the road and opened the door to the motorhome. I entered and immediately started thinking of warmer days and venturing down the road. Soon reality sank in, my eyes welled up, and I headed back to the house. And that, my friends, is what I did (not to, but in) my camper.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:52 PM   #2690

I pushed snow off the roof today cause i still havnt covered it! Picked up a propane shut off for my bbq install also.

08 dodgeram current TV
Cableman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper