Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2015, 05:26 PM   #5381
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Today got the TV project started....Glow-Shift gauges... Pyro, trans temp, boost... all fit in A pillar post trim panel.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 05:27 PM   #5382
Tuskstar

Already had the super glide. Otherwise would have gone with revolution alone.
Tuskstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 05:43 PM   #5383
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Flagstaff short you a door?.....…Rockwood has 3
So does my cheap Flagstaff, AND they all have dual gas struts on them to keep them open without using the stupid clips.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 05:45 PM   #5384

Installed the wireless back up camera.....

I bought this monitor from Amazon a while ago and installed it in the truck with a camera over the liscence plate to aid in backing up and hooking up....$38

For the trailer, I bought this camera on Amazon...$17

And to get the camera from the trailer to feed the monitor in the truck, I went wireless with this device.... $12

The camera was mounted above the center clearance light and was powered from this light.

The wire ran over the roof to the siode of the AC unit where the transmitter was located, under the AC cover, out of the weather

The "receiver" was simply wired up under the dash and connected to the second camera input on the TV monitor

The top screen is the RV760LMT GPS unit. The bottom screen is the rear camera. This screen slides into a "Drawer" when not needed...

Works fantastic and I love the fact that I didn't have to run a wire the length of the trailer and another wire from the trucks dash to the rear of the truck.

SECOND:

Added shut off valves to the fresh water drain and the two "low Points"

More better than the little caps I needed to crawl under the trailer to remove. These I can simply reach between the tires and open or close....Nice!
Rbertalotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 06:06 PM   #5385

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Can you post a link or picture of them, Just wondering what they are, never heard of them before.
This is the set that was installed on my fifth wheel this week. Now if FR would just hurry up and get the parts to the dealer to finish reinstalling my fresh water tank I can try them out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1445382263714.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	92349  
Sierra360PDEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 02:06 PM   #5386
Always Learning

Quote:
Can you post a link or picture of them, Just wondering what they are, never heard of them before.
Here is a (very advertising-like) write-up by Trailer Life:
http://www.torklift.com/documents/To...railerlife.pdf

And here's their marketing video from Torklift:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=GClFu_bBNwU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
I haven't heard anything about your "weight" problem lately. Did you shed it down to what you wanted? And how much do the new steps weigh in comparison to what you had?
Nope, I'm still far from what I want. My best guess is that I have shed a little bit of weight; maybe 100-200 pounds, but a far cry from the 500-1,000 that I'd really like. It seems for each thing that we shed, something else crops up that we "need".

I do believe that these steps are very slightly less than the stock/factory steps that I'm replacing. But really, less height between the steps and the fact that these go down to the ground are really the selling points for me.
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 02:13 PM   #5387
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Good thing you clarified your statement Doug.....lose'n that much weight, we'd never see 'ya again!
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 03:10 PM   #5388

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post

Nope, I'm still far from what I want. My best guess is that I have shed a little bit of weight; maybe 100-200 pounds, but a far cry from the 500-1,000 that I'd really like. It seems for each thing that we shed, something else crops up that we "need".

I do believe that these steps are very slightly less than the stock/factory steps that I'm replacing. But really, less height between the steps and the fact that these go down to the ground are really the selling points for me.
I'm interested on how they work out for you.

Are you installing yourself?
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 03:29 PM   #5389

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefl View Post
We're actually thinking of heading over to Manatee Hammock campground, near Titusville in the next couple of weeks (haven't booked anything yet), since we've heard good things about it, and it's only 40 mins from us (< 20 mins from storage place), and thought we could take a trip to KSC while staying there, and maybe also go to Playalinda Beach while there (NO, not THAT end of the beach )
Hello again...
I've never camped there but did drive though as I was considering it for my "test run" with my 1st camper (this past weekend). I ended up choosing Jetty Park based on some friends' inputs but I wish now I had just gone to Manatee. It is shady, quiet, lovely river views, and relaxing. The reviews I've read have given the folks that run it top marks. I hope your experience is a great one. Hee-hee...I love going to Playalinda Beach...so lovely and unspoiled. And no...haven't wandered down to THAT end of the beach yet.

Cheers,

Joe
JoBu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 03:42 PM   #5390

Quote:

Thanks, pretty slick, watched Y-tube you can support them also on uneven ground, Very nice, looked real easy for her to set them up. Good for you a very sensible useful mod. Beats the cr@p out of what FR puts in. But mostly anything will that you do after market. Live and learn as they say...Thanks...

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 03:50 PM   #5391

Rbertalotto...nice work on the back up camera install...thanks for posting all the pics. I also like the work you did with the valves. I may have to add both of those to my ever increasing To-Do List.

Cheers,

Joe
JoBu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 03:51 PM   #5392

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
With orders from "Headquarters" I had to find somewhere to store my new outside coffee pot, so I came up with this.
I think I seen it all now, when a person can't get up to get a cup of coffee inside the trailer.... Either that or Frankie just don't want you to come inside... I heard your western counter part put a two burner Bunn on his, but I missed or haven't seen the picture yet, so it could be just talk. You two are like the Jone's.....East and West....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 03:54 PM   #5393
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Nope, I'm still far from what I want...
Shed about 75# if you replace the 2 x 12 shelves in the basement with wire racks?
Old 10-21-2015, 03:56 PM   #5394
Mod free 5er

Quote:
I think I seen it all now, when a person can't get up to get a cup of coffee inside the trailer.... Either that or Frankie just don't want you to come inside... I heard your western counter part put a two burner Bunn on his, but I missed or haven't seen the picture yet, so it could be just talk. You two are like the Jone's.....East and West....
I already had an outside coffee maker that hung on the rail, but it didn't have a timer on it. I want coffee ready when I get up and don't want to wait 10-15 minutes.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:59 PM   #5395
Always Learning

Quote:
Shed about 75# if you replace the 2 x 12 shelves in the basement with wire racks?

Careful what you say- I'm likely coming through from FL-ish to MD/PA come spring. I may swing by and hit you up!
Old 10-21-2015, 04:00 PM   #5396
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
I'm interested on how they work out for you.

Are you installing yourself?

It depends on what the install is. If it can be done with simple hand tools- yes. If it requires any metal cutting, then it's above my pay grade.

I need to take some pictures and measurements and contact their support folks to find out what to order.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:02 PM   #5397
Mod free 5er

Finally getting around to putting a tether cable on my basement roll out drawer. It's a little more difficult with the drawer being able to go out both sides of the 5er. Has to be anchored in the center of the basement and the drawer and also be able to swivel 180° in the floor and the bottom of the drawer and there is only 3/4" clearance between the floor and the bottom of the drawer.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:06 PM   #5398
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Careful what you say- I'm likely coming through from FL-ish to MD/PA come spring. I may swing by and hit you up!
Just don't hit me, I'm old and feeble and don't heal fast anymore.

Tried to get you to make a roll out tray/drawer when you made the shelves.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:09 PM   #5399
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Finally getting around to putting a tether cable on my basement roll out drawer. It's a little more difficult with the drawer being able to go out both sides of the 5er. Has to be anchored in the center of the basement and the drawer and also be able to swivel 180° in the floor and the bottom of the drawer and there is only 3/4" clearance between the floor and the bottom of the drawer.
I somehow think you will figure it out very quickly.. I think your idea of hard and difficult is much different than the rest of ours!!

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 04:11 PM   #5400
Always Learning

Quote:
Just don't hit me, I'm old and feeble and don't heal fast anymore.

Tried to get you to make a roll out tray/drawer when you made the shelves.

I'm too much of a wuss to hit anyone for real!

And, it wasn't the right time back then. I *had* a literal ton of excess carrying capacity back then.

Tags
camper