Old 02-21-2015, 10:35 PM   #2841

Oh I like that good idea but I keep my porch light and LEDs on my step on all night and my Remote is all ways in the fifth wheel well we all have are preference and they are all good ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 02-22-2015, 07:21 AM   #2842

We are awaiting delivery, so we have not actually done anything TO the TT. We did take down ten pine trees yesterday to make room for parking the thing. Also, my husband hooked up a 30 amp RV connection on the side of the garage. We will be putting in a gravel and concrete parking pad in preparation. We have an Amazon shopping cart full of items we need to purchase for the TT. I also purchased some things for the kitchen from Target yesterday. I combed through my kitchen drawers for duplicates to transfer to the trailer. I dont want to purchase too much prior to seeing the actual space and using it for a weekend first.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:37 AM   #2843

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingGator View Post
We are awaiting delivery, so we have not actually done anything TO the TT. We did take down ten pine trees yesterday to make room for parking the thing. Also, my husband hooked up a 30 amp RV connection on the side of the garage. We will be putting in a gravel and concrete parking pad in preparation. We have an Amazon shopping cart full of items we need to purchase for the TT. I also purchased some things for the kitchen from Target yesterday. I combed through my kitchen drawers for duplicates to transfer to the trailer. I dont want to purchase too much prior to seeing the actual space and using it for a weekend first.
Do that weekend at home, especially since you have the 30A plug there. That way if you need something the house is right there, you can get the missing thing and write it down without missing a beat.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 12:59 PM   #2844

Send a message via MSN to GreenImp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojojojo View Post
39.5 ft 5er bunkhouse with one ac too boot it's a sierra 355QBQ bath and a half bath so one in both bathrooms (no brained there) one over the master bed one in the bunkhouse but two in the living area(btw 8 ft ceiling ht) only the bunkhouse is automatically opening we're short it's a pain in the mule to open the kitchen one

Just throwing out an unsolicited suggestion...Our trailer has a manual fan in the kitchen area (about 8.5 ft ceiling). I keep a short piece of PVC pipe in the trailer for opening this vent without a stool. This works pretty well as long as you don't close it too tightly (makes opening it the next time a real bear).
Dad's old 1968 Empi Imp (recently recovered from under 21 years worth of boxes/dust)
GreenImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 01:41 PM   #2845

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenImp View Post
Just throwing out an unsolicited suggestion...Our trailer has a manual fan in the kitchen area (about 8.5 ft ceiling). I keep a short piece of PVC pipe in the trailer for opening this vent without a stool. This works pretty well as long as you don't close it too tightly (makes opening it the next time a real bear).
Love the idea and I have the tools to cut the end like a barrel key so tightness won't matter we were looking at the pre-made rod and handles but I'm a CHEAP mule as well
Old 02-22-2015, 07:25 PM   #2846

I cursed at it (my neighbors are starting to worry). I pulled the brake drums to check the wear, cleaned and reassembled/adjusted. After testing my breakaway switch I found the switch to be bad AND the wire pinched under a clamp. This explains the lack of braking from the tow vehicle, since the brake power is shorted to ground here. I fixed all that, then I cursed at it some more.

I checked to see how much of a job I am in for in replacing the kitchen sink faucet. Still winterized, but maybe I can do it without too much of a mess (pink stuff). The reefer still doesn't work right after a regulator change (full of oil).

I did previously install a Renogy Solar panel and charge controller. This is probably the only thing in my trailer that works properly, but I'm working my way through it.

I'm making a point to check the breakaway switch every time I connect the trailer (you have to turn a wheel to see if it is working). It has apparently not working since I brought the rig home.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:35 PM   #2847

Swept snow off the steps...waiting on spring or anything around 50 degrees....did get the cutting board in mail yesterday for it.
Old 02-22-2015, 08:52 PM   #2848

Not today, but I visited it Friday. They properly sealed the window, got the flashing installed well enough. They're working with FR to decide what to do with the slide out hanging up at the flush floor which the dealer claims is fine. At this point I think I'm done dealing with these guys, either I'll fix it myself or I'll burn most of my vacation time next year hauling it to Goshen myself.

It's sad, I paid nearly as much for this thing as I did for the house I'm sitting in, yet it's taken nine weeks to get here. It's not like they had to repair the roof or overhaul the electrical system.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:36 PM   #2849

Installed Two pole mounts on the 320RS for the Wilson antenna. One on each side to hold down on feed back with the inside antenna.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:42 PM   #2850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift 2 View Post
Installed Two pole mounts on the 320RS for the Wilson antenna. One on each side to hold down on feed back with the inside antenna.
Great, would like to see pics and details of your installation.

Tags
camper