Old 03-15-2015, 03:50 PM   #3051
Mod free 5er

Finished replacing all the cups, cones & seals on the 5er with USA made Timkens. Only used 2 tubes of Lucas Red "N" Tacky to repack the cones and fill the 4 hub cavities. Just have to re-torque the lugs to 110 lb/ft at 50 & 100 miles and re-install the hub caps.

Old 03-15-2015, 04:45 PM   #3052

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Just to be clear for any newbies: The 110v reset is for the 110VAC heating element, while the 12V reset is for the 12VDC that powers the circuitry that turns the propane heating on and off. You can operate either one without the other.
Aha. Thanks for the explanation. While definitely not a newbie, I'd never had this issue before!

Big Bad Wolf - '15 Dodge Ram 2500HD 6.7 CTD / Reese 15k Pro
Wolf Den 3 - '14 Rockwood Signature Ultra Light 8280WS
Nights camped 2015: 25
Red Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 06:09 PM   #3053

Let the trailer have a break this weekend so I did a 3 part transmission fluid change on the TV. Getting new wheels and tires for the TV this week and then it's ready for the season.
Rookie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 08:57 PM   #3054

Installed a screen door handle ( I think it should have came with this), cut a piece of plexiglass for the bottom portion on the screen door so my dogs won't tear up the screen ( it slid right in to the grooves and fit nicely), installed a spice rack to free up some cabinet space and also installed my apple tv so I will be able to stream numerous things..
Old 03-16-2015, 01:55 AM   #3055

Filled big holes in the floor around the furnace ducts with steel wool and insulation. Had to remove the wooden grill in front - factory screws barely gripping the edge of the wood. .added 1x2 behind the edges to sure up the screws holding the grill on.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:44 AM   #3056

I'll catch up a few days worth.

Thursday-Picked it up after three months at the dealer. I'll resolve the slide issue myself. Dewinterized it, recharged the batteries that they killed, in case it ever appears on Jeopardy, it takes a Schumacher Smart Charger 21 hours at a 12 amp rate to recharge a dual 6V pair from dead. Topped their water up.

Friday-Got the LP tanks filled, picked up my new exterior steps (I had a brain fart and left them down and then drove away. I had the expected results.) tried to install said steps, found them to be incorrect.

Saturday-Finished up the dewinterization, full systems check. Used it for a quick nap.

Sunday-Washed it, fired up the generators and checked the AC out. First chance to try the 15K AC on the new generators on a better than 80* day.

Plans for next weekend entail pulling the hubs and packing the bearings, cleaning and adjusting the brakes.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 11:39 AM   #3057
Site Team

Went and spent a couple of hours with it on Saturday. The ground is still really soggy and the electricity isn’t turned on yet at the CG but we connected the battery and opened up the main living room slide and sat on our deck for a little bit.

Wife searched around for some candles that she thought she might have left in it but no luck.

Then sadly we had to close it back up again. Counting down the days until April 15th which is when the campground “officially” opens. With any luck, the weather will hold and they’ll turn the electricity on before then.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:53 AM   #3058

This weekend we de winterized our camper. Put everything back in that we need for our trips.

I was filling the freshwater tank when I noticed that the bracket holding it up it was bent. (never driven with it full) So this morning I had to haul it to the dealer to fix it under warranty.

It really sucks because DW and I have really been looking forward to going out this next weekend, but since Water isn't on in most of the campgrounds until April the 1st, we have to have the water tank.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:07 PM   #3059

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Red Wolf is your (Outside) switch in the (ON) position? Youroo!!
Man, where were you from February to December last year? The electric side of my water heater didn't work and ultimately I found that it was TURNED OFF outside.
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 03:02 PM   #3060
Old Ram Guy

Installed a new Envi-heater as a supplemental heat source and installed my new Vornado fan under the kitchen cabinets. Then I slept in it (in the driveway) to op test the heater since it got down to 33 degrees. I slept like a baby (The beer may have helped) and it never got below 68 degrees. Test Sat! Next weekend it's time to install my Old Coot awning poles and relocate that water filter!!

Tags
camper