Had some questions about the awning poles I put on my slide, so here's a bit more detail.
The brackets are from OC of course, and the poles are Sherlock
painting poles from HD. The poles are a fiberglass outer and a hexagon aluminum inner with a push button locking mechanism. The poles come with adjustment holes every 6", so I added more holes to give adjustments every 1.5". Since the inner pole has flat sides this is easy to do, as you only need to center the additional holes left to right and only drill one side.
The aluminum inner section has a metal threaded portion for rollers so I cut that off with a chop saw, and cross drilled for mounting to the top bracket. It's hollow and that leaves a hole in the top, so I put a bit of silicone caulk over the hole. I painted the fiberglass outer section and the locking mechanism with this
paint, it works for plastic and covered well. While I had the soft handle removed for painting, I shortened it to 1.5" and cut a hole in the bottom with a utility knife to drain any water out.
The 4-8' length poles almost reached the ground with the awning deployed flat. I always set it to have slope away from the RV and to one side, so the length should be fine the way I'll use it. I may swap my main awning's metal conduit poles later, but would need to use the 6-12' length since its mounted higher.
The quick locking mechanism is what I like about these poles, and they are also light. Hopefully the mechanism will be durable, I do see that Wooster sells rebuild kits if needed.