Old 04-20-2015, 09:57 AM   #3501
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad View Post
Had some questions about the awning poles I put on my slide, so here's a bit more detail.

The brackets are from OC of course, and the poles are painting poles from HD. The poles are a fiberglass outer and a hexagon aluminum inner with a push button locking mechanism. The poles come with adjustment holes every 6", so I added more holes to give adjustments every 1.5". Since the inner pole has flat sides this is easy to do, as you only need to center the additional holes left to right and only drill one side.
Looks good, you did a nice job.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:04 AM   #3502

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Looks good, you did a nice job.
Thank you sir, and thanks for the brackets.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:43 AM   #3503
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra360PDEK View Post
Added 72' of red led rope lights under the fiver. It looks really awesome at night especially with the red led nose lights that came installed on her. Also installed white rope lights under the toe kick on the kitchen island and another outlet. Next will be redoing the bathroom medicine cabinet. Will shave off one inch from the depth and mount it into the wall so we can better access the sink.
Is this an interior wall or exterior?

Removing the exterior wall foam insulation behind the cabinet to recess it could cause structural issues due to:

1) A place for moisture from the bathroom to access the exterior siding causing delamination

2) If you find an aluminum stud back there and cut it, there could be severe structural damage as all the studs and cross members are required to maintain rigidity in the wall structure. Reducing that rigidity could cause structural cracks at planned penetrations like slides and windows, since the "unpenetrated" wall sections are the "glue" that supports the rest.

3) Removing foam to create the depth will reduce the R factor behind the cabinet to zero causing your meds and bathroom articles to freeze in cold weather and overheat in warm.

Just would not take the risk. Might be better to buy a different style medicine cabinet (or remove it completely and just glue a flat mirror there).

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 10:57 AM   #3504
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
Is this an interior wall or exterior?

Removing the exterior wall foam insulation behind the cabinet to recess it could cause structural issues due to:

1) A place for moisture from the bathroom to access the exterior siding causing delamination

2) If you find an aluminum stud back there and cut it, there could be severe structural damage as all the studs and cross members are required to maintain rigidity in the wall structure. Reducing that rigidity could cause structural cracks at planned penetrations like slides and windows, since the "unpenetrated" wall sections are the "glue" that supports the rest.

3) Removing foam to create the depth will reduce the R factor behind the cabinet to zero causing your meds and bathroom articles to freeze in cold weather and overheat in warm.

Just would not take the risk. Might be better to buy a different style medicine cabinet (or remove it completely and just glue a flat mirror there).
I think he is talking about cutting the medicine cabinet down and just remounting it.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:12 AM   #3505

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
I think he is talking about cutting the medicine cabinet down and just remounting it.
I thought it was both- cutting down the medicine cabinet, but then also recessing it into the wall to recess it:

Quote:
Will shave off one inch from the depth and mount it into the wall so we can better access the sink.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:12 AM   #3506

took a 3 day weekend with our trailer this weekend.

I straightened the alignment of my Stairs so right side would make contact and not give way. I also put the wood guards back around the water pump.

Would there be any issues adding some insulation around the pump... its pretty loud
Old 04-20-2015, 11:18 AM   #3507
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Btw oc I did most of the work while ms amy took pictures and drank cold ones.
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1429543097077.png
Views:	180
Size:	946.5 KB
ID:	74800

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "2 nights"
Old 04-20-2015, 11:20 AM   #3508
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Btw oc I did most of the work while ms amy took pictures and drank cold ones.
TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "2 nights"
That is definitely a switch. Usually it's the other way around!
Old 04-20-2015, 11:27 AM   #3509
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountndream View Post
Would there be any issues adding some insulation around the pump... its pretty loud
Most pump noise comes from the pex vibration when the pump is running.

Isolating the pump from the pex with very flexible hose and rubber "feet" under the pump will remove a significant amount of noise.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pump Storage Diagram.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	74801  

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 11:46 AM   #3510
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
This year I blew out the lines and sucked up 2-3 gallons of AF in the entire system but the AF in the toilet sort of froze a little bit for all the cold weather we had in NJ. This year with the new Roo 2015 I am thinking of blowing all lines putting AF in the drains and tanks and leaving all the faucets open but not putting AF in the lines, does anyone do this?

2014 Ford F-150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB 3.5

2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Don't worry about the AF freezing or getting a little slushy. It won't expand like water does. There was a thread about it here.

Tags
camper