Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2015, 10:36 PM   #3541
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 9,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Not a matter of skills, but no one mentioned adding a valve. I was merely pointing out the necessity of it!
One of the many times I Posted about the shutoff valve was on (1/17/2011) Post# 22 ShurFlo Accumulator Tank! Youroo!!
__________________

__________________
youroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:48 PM   #3542
Senior Member
 
ferguson65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Southeast PA
Posts: 274
Looked at mine, stared for a minute or two, went to the bar. Have all the goodies for a master disconnect but I'll get there sometime. Realized a few things. After hail threats and zero sleep last night I need to lower the insurance deductible. Luckily the hail missed us. But I did get the electrician to install the outlet on the side of the house so we can plug it in and add 2 bedrooms!
__________________

__________________
2013 F350 dually
2015 Palomino Puma 351THSS Premier Edition
2015 Nights camped 15
2016 Nights camped 5
ferguson65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 09:56 AM   #3543
Senior Member
 
wicked1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Manahawkin
Posts: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by trbomax View Post
Drained all the water lines out,forcast is 25 and 1" or so snow for the next 3 nights.I just love northern mi!

Yikes! I am freezing and it is 66 here we had a cold and fairly snowy winter here in NJ but nothing like what you folks get Brrrr.


2014 Ford F-150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB 3.5
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2016 F350 Supercew Short Box 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2015 FR Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 03:02 PM   #3544
WDK
Senior Member
 
WDK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: San Jacinto
Posts: 273
What did you do to your camper today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian_D View Post
Today I cleaned and organized the coach in preparation for taking it in for the Safe-T-Plus installation and the "cheap handling fix". They're also going to do an alignment and rotate the tires.



I never noticed this counter before.....on the dash (Georgetown 270). Is it for generator hours?



Attachment 74896

Yes.....and from the looks of the numbers you have not been exercising it unless you just purchased it.....it's the coaches heart when you have no hook ups. Give it a test run with everything on at the same time.

WDK
__________________
WDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:32 PM   #3545
Moderator Emeritus
 
ColoradoRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 920
We got take-out and had lunch in the RV lot in Rocky. Then, I cut out and removed the water filter and connected the hoses with flexible hosing and clamps. (I will have to keep an eye on it as the existing hoses are the hard-plastic kind...but I clamped it as tight as I dared to and the connectors are copper so that should work.) Not very much room to work in there, that's for sure!

Then I put two new rubber gaskets in the drain hoses (and found the one I had lost on the ground but I like the ones I bought better, anyway...and I now have spares...they are not the typical size so glad to have found a box of them at the store.)

My gray valve doesn't shut all the way so I need to order one and replace it...the dealer said he'd do it free for me but he's pretty busy and I don't like leaving it for so long as I have things I need to get done. (Greasing my axles, getting the remaining two tire air valves replaced, etc.)
__________________
Rick & Karen
(Retired USAF, MSgt)
Monument, Colorado
5-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:37 PM   #3546
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
One of the many times I Posted about the shutoff valve was on (1/17/2011) Post# 22 ShurFlo Accumulator Tank! Youroo!!
I'm supposed to remember what you posted 17Jan11 when I can't remember what I had for lunch today.?
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:39 PM   #3547
Ambassador
 
Ken K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 224
I bought it!
__________________
Ken K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:43 PM   #3548
Looking Down Range
 
SkipnTerri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDK View Post
Yes.....and from the looks of the numbers you have not been exercising it unless you just purchased it.....it's the coaches heart when you have no hook ups. Give it a test run with everything on at the same time.

WDK
X2. We learned the hard way when we had our first MH. Had to bring it into an Onan service center for carburetor repair. Incidentally, because it was in a MH (which we brought to them) it cost an additional $100 beyond the shop charge. Exercise that puppy every month.
__________________
2014 Forester 3051S
2013 Ford Focus
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:43 PM   #3549
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoRick View Post
We got take-out and had lunch in the RV lot in Rocky. Then, I cut out and removed the water filter and connected the hoses with flexible hosing and clamps. (I will have to keep an eye on it as the existing hoses are the hard-plastic kind...but I clamped it as tight as I dared to and the connectors are copper so that should work.) Not very much room to work in there, that's for sure!

Then I put two new rubber gaskets in the drain hoses (and found the one I had lost on the ground but I like the ones I bought better, anyway...and I now have spares...they are not the typical size so glad to have found a box of them at the store.)

My gray valve doesn't shut all the way so I need to order one and replace it...the dealer said he'd do it free for me but he's pretty busy and I don't like leaving it for so long as I have things I need to get done. (Greasing my axles, getting the remaining two tire air valves replaced, etc.)

Lowes and Home a depot sell shark bite pec connections. A little pricey but will help hold this together. You would not need to watch it as much.


2013 Sierra 346 RET
2010 Ford 350 6.4 l CC SRW
Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
ksignoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 09:46 PM   #3550
Member
 
Christian_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDK View Post
Yes.....and from the looks of the numbers you have not been exercising it unless you just purchased it.....it's the coaches heart when you have no hook ups. Give it a test run with everything on at the same time.

WDK
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipnTerri View Post
X2. We learned the hard way when we had our first MH. Had to bring it into an Onan service center for carburetor repair. Incidentally, because it was in a MH (which we brought to them) it cost an additional $100 beyond the shop charge. Exercise that puppy every month.
Thanks for the advice! We haven't had the coach long at all, but I'll give it some run time this weekend when I'm tinkering with some things.

Thank you again!
__________________

__________________
Christian
Reno, NV
2015 Georgetown 270
Days Camped 2015: 40
Days Camped 2016: 03
Christian_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camper

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 AM.