Old 05-10-2015, 10:23 AM   #3821
Site Team

Added yellow ( non insect attracting ) LED strip to outside kitchen with wireless dimmer control. Added white LED strips to each shelf area in pantry closet with on/off switches. Easily connected to empty fused position in convertor.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 65W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 10:26 AM   #3822
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Added yellow ( non insect attracting ) LED strip to outside kitchen with wireless dimmer control. Added white LED strips to each shelf area in pantry closet with on/off switches. Easily connected to empty fused position in convertor.
Why not micro switches on the doors so you don't have to remember to shut the switch off?

Old 05-10-2015, 10:32 AM   #3823
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Why not micro switches on the doors so you don't have to remember to shut the switch off?
Considered that, but when I store the TT between trips, I leave all doors ( cabinets, closets etc) open to prevent mold. I have a dehumidifier in the TT and opening all doors allows them to stay fresh. Also allows peppermint to get in closets to keep mice out. Also discovered that the adhesive on the back of many of the LED strips is mediocre ( especially the Chinese made ones). It does not hold up well under heat. I cut a strip of 3M auto trim tape and attached it to the sticky side of the LED strip. NO issues with coming lose under temp.

TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 65W solar panels
Old 05-10-2015, 10:49 AM   #3824
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Considered that, but when I store the TT between trips, I leave all doors ( cabinets, closets etc) open to prevent mold. I have a dehumidifier in the TT and opening all doors allows them to stay fresh. Also allows peppermint to get in closets to keep mice out. Also discovered that the adhesive on the back of many of the LED strips is mediocre ( especially the Chinese made ones). It does not hold up well under heat. I cut a strip of 3M auto trim tape and attached it to the sticky side of the LED strip. NO issues with coming lose under temp.
Could just pull the 12V fuse or put them on a master switch.
Old 05-10-2015, 10:50 AM   #3825

Where did you find the yellow led strips???

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 05-10-2015, 11:00 AM   #3826
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugaoki View Post
Where did you find the yellow led strips???
Superbrightleds.com

Here si the controller I used. http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-12V-11-Ke...item1e819c0f95

TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 65W solar panels
Old 05-10-2015, 11:10 AM   #3827

Thanks much

Old 05-10-2015, 12:18 PM   #3828
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

Just a note about the Andersen WDH. The 8" drop model is much heavier than the 4" drop model although the 8" is also much nicer for trucks since their receiver is higher. I had a 4" on my SUV and got Andersen to trade me for an 8" when I changed from SUV to Truck. I no longer use it since I went to a fifth wheel recently. As an FYI, when I packaged up the 8", the ball, the chains and everything in the smallest suitable box that I could, it weighed 62#.

Another FYI has to do with the silentness of the hitch, after about a year I noticed that my trailer's tongue coupler seemed a little noisy at times. After much research and talking to Andersen, they advised it's ok to use a greaseless dry lithium on the ball and coupler. I bought a can of "SLIP" off of Amazon and sprayed the ball and the coupler. SLIP goes on wet and after a few hours it creates a permanent smooth surface. Noise gone.

If you want to see pictures of the used hitch, you can see them here: http://hbillsmith.dotphoto.com/
LCI Ground Control 3.0 4pt + 2pt Elec.Rear stabilizers; 3 Slidecovers; 10ft. Portabote
6000# Dexters; mor/Ryde CRE3000 w/HD Wetbolts; King Dish Tailgater; 5hp Outboard
Dual A/C; Furrion 48 Rear Camera; Champion 3100 Inverter w/Extended Run
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:30 PM   #3829

Don't you use a battery disconnect?
Old 05-11-2015, 12:07 PM   #3830

Just bought a 2011 sabre BHOK. it will need a real good washing and waxing. I already washed the roof but still have the sides to do. What is the best wax to use for the fiberglass sides? Is there anything to put on the roof to help the life of the roof?

Tags
camper