Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2015, 10:31 PM   #3961
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 69
Today we introduced the kids to the camper. They went freaking nuts (in a good way). I am going to have to take out the fuse in the back radio (at their level) but they really enjoyed it.

I have black plastic ABS coming Friday for my mount I am making to replace the Furrion camera mount. I'll post pics of that.

One thing I noticed today, the kitchen Blinds are COMPLETELY different then every single blind in the rig. All the other blinds are no string pleaded night shades. The one in the kitchen is the old school plastic regular blinds (with a string by the stove). Anyone else have a RockWood (FR) with that?

Thanks!
__________________

__________________
2016 Rockwood Sig. Ultra Lite 8312SS Platinum
2016 GMC Sierra 3500
Equal-i-zer 10K WDH
Tadi Brothers 9" Wireless 120 degree Rear Cam
2015 Nights Camped: 4
2016 Nights Camped: 8
hazmat91180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 11:04 PM   #3962
Senior Member
 
mark0224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,508
Made this yesterday to keep the wires off the ground.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1432263852605.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	77675  
__________________

__________________
Think about things before you do them make life easier not harder.
mark0224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 11:44 PM   #3963
Senior Member
 
SKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazmat91180 View Post
Today we introduced the kids to the camper. They went freaking nuts (in a good way). I am going to have to take out the fuse in the back radio (at their level) but they really enjoyed it.

I have black plastic ABS coming Friday for my mount I am making to replace the Furrion camera mount. I'll post pics of that.

One thing I noticed today, the kitchen Blinds are COMPLETELY different then every single blind in the rig. All the other blinds are no string pleaded night shades. The one in the kitchen is the old school plastic regular blinds (with a string by the stove). Anyone else have a RockWood (FR) with that?

Thanks!
My Sierra is like that. Nice shades throughout, old school tin rattlers for the little kitchen window. I just leave it up.
__________________
Now-2014 Sierra 346RETS 5er BUB
Then-2002 Keystone Springdale 286RLDS TT

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 11:53 PM   #3964
Senior Member
 
dj3spots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKnight View Post
My Sierra is like that. Nice shades throughout, old school tin rattlers for the little kitchen window. I just leave it up.

Our Salem Hemisphere has the same feature. Truth be told, I'd rather have venetian blinds thru out the trailer. I dislike the night shades! I believe the venetian blind over kitchen window is a safety feature - keeping much more combustable night shade material away from a live flame on the stove.


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
__________________
dj3spots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:23 AM   #3965
Are we there yet.......
 
Pbalmer65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 186
The reason it is like that is its in the splash zone. Foods juice etc. easy clean up.


Any camping will do. :-)
__________________
Pbalmer65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 08:18 AM   #3966
Senior Member
 
Lloydg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazmat91180 View Post
One thing I noticed today, the kitchen Blinds are COMPLETELY different then every single blind in the rig. All the other blinds are no string pleaded night shades. The one in the kitchen is the old school plastic regular blinds (with a string by the stove). Anyone else have a RockWood (FR) with that?

Thanks!
My Surveyor is like that. I think they do that so that stove top splatter can be cleaned off whereas the pleated shades would just soak it up
__________________

2013 Surveyor SVF 293
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2 EFI V8
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Ada, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 08:58 AM   #3967
Senior Member
 
tlambert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: SC
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj3spots View Post
Our Salem Hemisphere has the same feature. Truth be told, I'd rather have venetian blinds thru out the trailer. I dislike the night shades! I believe the venetian blind over kitchen window is a safety feature - keeping much more combustable night shade material away from a live flame on the stove.


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

My hemisphere is the same way. I'm sure it's a fire safety issue.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0224 View Post
Made this yesterday to keep the wires off the ground.

Please post some details Mark.


Tim
__________________
Tim

tlambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:03 AM   #3968
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Westmoreland
Posts: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazmat91180 View Post
Today we introduced the kids to the camper. They went freaking nuts (in a good way). I am going to have to take out the fuse in the back radio (at their level) but they really enjoyed it.

I have black plastic ABS coming Friday for my mount I am making to replace the Furrion camera mount. I'll post pics of that.

One thing I noticed today, the kitchen Blinds are COMPLETELY different then every single blind in the rig. All the other blinds are no string pleaded night shades. The one in the kitchen is the old school plastic regular blinds (with a string by the stove). Anyone else have a RockWood (FR) with that?

Thanks!
my 2015 palo hybrid is the same way with the shades/blinds. my only guess is the water would damage the pleaded shades. All my windows are dark tint so shouldnt need he blinds much anyways
__________________
bpa098 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:12 AM   #3969
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 69
Thank you! Blinds make sense now!
__________________
2016 Rockwood Sig. Ultra Lite 8312SS Platinum
2016 GMC Sierra 3500
Equal-i-zer 10K WDH
Tadi Brothers 9" Wireless 120 degree Rear Cam
2015 Nights Camped: 4
2016 Nights Camped: 8
hazmat91180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:17 AM   #3970
Senior Member
 
wicked1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Manahawkin
Posts: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0224 View Post
Made this yesterday to keep the wires off the ground.

How do you like that Anderson Hitch


2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________
2016 F350 Supercew Short Box 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2015 FR Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camper

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 AM.