Old 09-18-2015, 07:45 PM   #4961

I have been having trouble keeping the TT level when camping. I get everything set level by using the wheels, once level side to side I get the front to rear level then I lower the power jacks down, giving then pressure on the wood pads. After everything is stable I extend the slide.

A day or two later I notice the camper being off level on the rear, slide side. I have had to jack up the axles one at a time, add another shim under the tire to level I again. I can understand at the beach on a sandy site but in the mountains?

Does the slide throw the level off that much?

Nights Camped 2016 27

Coolharts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 07:50 PM   #4962
Done with this

I have to tighten up our jacks pretty frequently. Guess everything settles...

I'm a little too truthful, I guess.
Y'all have fun in "Fantasy Land".
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:27 PM   #4963
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Added kitchen grey water slide valve near the front grey/black valves to keep from hav'n to crawl under slide .......went fairly easy. Best part...was cheap.
Old 09-19-2015, 01:32 AM   #4964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolharts View Post
Does the slide throw the level off that much?
Yep. Have you checked level-ness immediately after deploying your slide?
Old 09-19-2015, 07:14 AM   #4965

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Yep. Have you checked level-ness immediately after deploying your slide?
No I haven't I guess I should do that.
Nights Camped 2016 27

Coolharts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 08:05 AM   #4966

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Added kitchen grey water slide valve near the front grey/black valves to keep from hav'n to crawl under slide .......went fairly easy. Best part...was cheap.
Would be interested in more detail on this mod.
Did you leave the existing valve in place, and then just attach to the hose connection (with flex hose or solid pipe?) ?
Or did you splice into the existing pipe and add a T piece and then use solid pipe to go to your new drain valve?
Old 09-19-2015, 08:28 AM   #4967
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Yes, left all of the factory plumbing in tact and usable. Used 1 1/2" ABS pipe........Drilled a 1 1/2" thru kitchen pipe between valve and cap at 9 o'clock ( toward front of trailer), glued a short piece of pipe into this, then a reducer to accept a 1" ID. hose..I've got tork-flex axles that mount to square tubing that's open on both ends.....ran the hose inside tubing...biggest hose that would fit....at the front, bored another hole in factory plumbing at the 3 o'clock position, glued a 1 1/2 " stub there, added a slide valve, then another hose barb. One could pull the kitchen grey valve before open'n slide and use the 1 1/2 slide valve to dump kitchen...because I had the hose and clamps and glue, cost was under $25.00, and got the slide valve at local RV store.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:15 AM   #4968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolharts View Post
No I haven't I guess I should do that.

That's my guess. We generally level so that my slide-side is slightly high and so that it has a little room to settle. It gets us closer to "level" when we are all setup.
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 03:09 PM   #4969

Quote:
Yes, left all of the factory plumbing in tact and usable. Used 1 1/2" ABS pipe........Drilled a 1 1/2" thru kitchen pipe between valve and cap at 9 o'clock ( toward front of trailer), glued a short piece of pipe into this, then a reducer to accept a 1" ID. hose..I've got tork-flex axles that mount to square tubing that's open on both ends.....ran the hose inside tubing...biggest hose that would fit....at the front, bored another hole in factory plumbing at the 3 o'clock position, glued a 1 1/2 " stub there, added a slide valve, then another hose barb. One could pull the kitchen grey valve before open'n slide and use the 1 1/2 slide valve to dump kitchen...because I had the hose and clamps and glue, cost was under $25.00, and got the slide valve at local RV store.
How well does it drain with just 1" hose?
I was imagining another 4" pipe with regular dump valve etc
Old 09-19-2015, 05:16 PM   #4970

Quote:
Cool, I'm going to see if this will work on my 3008W. Would need to run from the front to the back though instead back to front.

strat56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper