Old 10-05-2015, 10:48 PM   #5181

Had a small slit in the roof fixed, recaulked around the roof stuff, fixed some trim in the rear, and finally had antennas installed for cell and wifi boosters with a "tech shelf" setup for all of my internet + entertainment hardware. ProtechRV in Colorado Springs did the work.

ependydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 07:20 AM   #5182

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNBINFV View Post
We have the same set up as you, on our last trip saw a Rockwood Mini that had the 2 dumps connected. We're going to try that on our 8281. When ever possible we use a "Y" at the dump site so we don't have to move the hose.
Asked the owner about construction "he bought it that way"
Any ideas would be great.
I took a bit more of a look at the weekend, and there's a small straight section of pipe at the end of the front black/gray dump that could likely be removed to fit a Tee section for the kitchen gray pipe to feed into.
I was then thinking of putting a gate valve for the kitchen tank right close to that Tee, so that it's more accessible (but possibly leave the original in place too), and then hook up from the end of the existing kitchen pipe into that new gate valve, hopefully avoiding any switchback in the pipe (which might involve removing the original gate valve to bring it closer under the body)
Hope that makes done kind of sense, I.can draw pictures if that helps.
I'm just at the research stage myself

If anyone can suggest where to get suitable black pipe from, and gate valves, that's be appreciated.
Also if anyone has advice on how to remove the existing sealant between pipe sections, and disconnect sealed sections of pipe without damaging the pipe, that'd be most helpful

Old 10-06-2015, 07:23 AM   #5183

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Have a 2010 Rockwood 5er and hooked mine together. Kitchen gray is under slide and black and shower/sink gray just ahead of slide.
IIRC from previous discussion, you used a smaller diameter pipe between the two, rather than full 4" sewer pipe, right Bob ?
Old 10-06-2015, 07:26 AM   #5184
CANADA FROG RALLY 2017

I have thought about the sewer mod but if we winter camp, highly likely this year, the less pipe exposed the better. I seldom have sewer sites so dump station access is just fine.
2016 Ford F 350 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab FX4
2008 Golden Falcon 380PA Park Model Model

"Oh Canada,True North Strong and Free!"
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:14 AM   #5185

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
I have thought about the sewer mod but if we winter camp, highly likely this year, the less pipe exposed the better. I seldom have sewer sites so dump station access is just fine.
I was just thinking about what precautions we need to take for "winter" camping. For us that means a trip to the FL panhandle the day after xmas, but there's still some possibility of nights below freezing. I'm guessing just switching on the tank heaters if there's any forecast for overnight freezing temps should suffice ?

Does anyone put any insulation around exposed hoses/pipes ? (only visibly exposed water pipes for us are in the basement area)

I know that's a lot different than winter camping up north
Old 10-06-2015, 08:30 AM   #5186
jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat56 View Post
You might have alrealready trid this but I had a buzz when playing my tv thru the surround sound with my IRV66. I called IRV and they suggested it was a ground loop because the tv is 120v and the IRV is 12v. I put a ground loop isolator between the tv and the IRV66 and the problem was solved.
picked up ground loop isolator from Radio Shack last night and tried it. Didn't work in either direction. Oh well, Had previously installed OIS cable and it works somewhat other than when you turn up TV volume much at all, you get a substantial reverb effect. Like I said, if connect other TV that still has RCA jacks on it, the buzz or hum goes away. No doubt, its the Toshiba TV which probably was specially configured for FR because you can't find TVs with RCA audio output jacks any more
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 09:57 AM   #5187
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by leefl View Post
IIRC from previous discussion, you used a smaller diameter pipe between the two, rather than full 4" sewer pipe, right Bob ?
Yes, I used 1 1/2" fittings off both gate ends. Between existing gates and caps, bored a 1 1/2" hole with a hole saw into the side of pipe, using the proper glue, inserted a straight coupler. Bought a 1 1/2" gate valve at rv store with 2 flanges, one for each side of gate, bolted these to gate, glued one of these into 1st coupler, with gate bolted to flange to index handle for access, then bored rear dump pipe and did the same thing, without the gate, not needed here, and used a hose to connect the two. Pull rear handle before open'n slide, then use new gate to drain kitchen tank.....my cap on kitchen dump fits good, so no leaks. Good luck try'n to get any pipe apart...the glue welds the pieces together.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:27 AM   #5188

Our Vengeance 25V Toy Hauler has a sloped floor to facilitate loading the bikes. I didn't like the narrow table that came with it so I bought a nice folding table. However it is not level and drops off due to the slope in the back.
My solution was to get a length of one inch ID sch 40 and cut to level out the table. Going to get some slip on rubber feet to keep it from sliding and we should be set.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20151006_095321.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	307.4 KB
ID:	90790  
2005 Troy Built 3500/5250 Genny
mele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:27 AM   #5189

Installed a grill mount bracket and fired up the grill I bought in the classified forum. Now just need those grill mats and some steak!!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1444224400.715471.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	90870Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1444224411.032118.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	90871
Michael4017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:50 AM   #5190
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Bought antifreeze to winterize