Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2017, 11:32 AM   #11181
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
I assume this kit will work on other small BBQs as well?

I know they have 2 separate kits - one for the Weber Q and one for the Coleman RoadTrip. My guess is that the grill internals differ for what they replace. So- maybe yes it'll work with other grills and maybe not. All depends on the screw on fitting where the regulator attached to the grill.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:48 AM   #11182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martsing View Post
Installed the LevelMate Pro. Can't wait to try it in the "wild".

Marty
I've been using the LevelMate for about 5-6 months and love it. Really makes the level up process a one person job. Kinda nice to know you need to back up just a little more to raise the trailer ¼ inch.

There have been reports of poor battery life but I haven't seen that. I did get a pair of spare batteries but they are just sitting in storage. One thing I did find is that sometimes I cannot get the device to connect to the iPhone. Found out that when it goes to sleep to preserve battery life there may not be enough trailer motion to wake it up. If you're already parked and encounter that problem just bang on the wall next to the unit and the vibration will wake it up. Then, restart the app and all is good.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:56 AM   #11183
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
I assume this kit will work on other small BBQs as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I know they have 2 separate kits - one for the Weber Q and one for the Coleman RoadTrip. My guess is that the grill internals differ for what they replace. So- maybe yes it'll work with other grills and maybe not. All depends on the screw on fitting where the regulator attached to the grill.
And if either one of the kits Doug mentioned doesn't work maybe this one from Camco will...
Camco Low Pressure Grill Conversion Kit.

It says it's for an Olympian Grill but I've had it on two different inexpensive grills (neither Olympian, one from K-Mart, one from Walmart) and it fit perfectly.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 01:13 PM   #11184
Bubblehead Elite Rank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
You could get something like this. I would imagine they make plastic ends too.

Your friend has shared a link to a Home Depot product they think you would be interested in seeing.

6 in. Conduit Carrier Kit

Buyers Products Company 6 in. Conduit Carrier Kit-CC600 - The Home Depot
That's for the two U-bolts and ONE end cap...no tubing or 2nd end cap included.

FYI...I've seen these ASSEMBLED and painted on Craigslist for $60!. They're usually advertised as Sewer Pipe Holders and in the RV areas. The Charlotte area (Winston Salem) CL has them on there now.
https://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/...252600377.html

I might get one...but I'm cheap and we have 6" PVC at work I can get free. (Well...I own the joint so I'll actually be stealing it from myself)

JayNC
JayNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 06:50 PM   #11185
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTracks View Post
Kyle at Straightline RV Repair in Salt Lake City did a masterful job on the repairs:

And here they are:

Kyle bent the 1/2" steel bar into a V and then welded it to the frame. Should I bottom out on a rock it'll rest on that bar instead of hitting the dump valves. If you look to the other side of the trailer you'll see an identical skid just behind the stairs, the theory being that if the trailer were to rest on the dump valve skid it could pitch the trailer onto the stairs on the other side.
Looks good! Hopefully you never test it out.
18CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 07:05 PM   #11186

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05CrewDually View Post
Looks good! Hopefully you never test it out.
Thanks. Trying to get into (and subsequently out of) a particularly tricky boondocking spot on the banks of the North Fork Big Wood River outside if Sun Valley, Idaho last month, I really could've used those skids. There was a nasty transition from our flat campsite to a steep river bank. We were essentially camped on the river's flood plain. It would've been much less stressful knowing that those skids were there. As it was, I had to use leveling blocks to keep the back of the trailer off the ground at that transition: stack blocks in front of the trailer wheels, move forward a few inches, move the back blocks to the front of the trailer wheels again, move forward again a few inches... Lather, rinse, repeat.

One other thing we did this week was modify my hitch shank. This one's been driving me nuts. Equal-i-zer makes only two 18" long WDH shanks, which I need for the truck tailgate to clear the electric tongue jack. Both have a massive drop. Flipped up with the ball holder in the bottom holes, the ball is 4" too high. Flipped down with the ball holder in the top holes, not only is the ball 2" too low, but the vertical part of the shank is so long that it occasionally bottoms out.

Once I cleared with Fastway/Equal-i-zer that it's OK to cut the shank as long as you don't cut above the top of the hole immediately below the lowest hole you're using, I had Kyle use his chop saw to cut the shank precisely there -- taking 4" of drop off the bottom of the shank. I swapped out my hitch ball for one with a 2" rise to make up the difference in ball height that I was lacking with the shank flipped down.

For the first time ever, everything is riding absolutely, positively level, and there's much less risk of bottoming out!

Days camped in 2017: 53 (so far!)
FirstTracks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 07:13 PM   #11187

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapoldo View Post
Suggest you buy a cheap restaurant burner ($21) that runs on small propane cylinders ($3) instead. Heats things faster than any burner you've ever had and super easy to store.

Lou

Thanks for the tip, i have been thinking about an old school hot plate. I had the turkey fryer and it sounded like a good idea at the time
pbandrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 07:33 PM   #11188

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbandrb View Post
Thanks for the tip, i have been thinking about an old school hot plate. I had the turkey fryer and it sounded like a good idea at the time
I bought a butane burner from aldi for $12 and 4 butane cartridges from Sam's club for $5. The burner was at Sam's for $14 as well but I already had it. I also have a nuwave induction burner when I have plugins. You can use them inside or out safely and it folds up in a case.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:43 AM   #11189

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er_tom View Post
Ink l
U

Boo

No idea where that came from. Perhaps a butt dial of some sort.
Yes, I am okay.

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 07:54 AM   #11190

Didn't like the plastic ring that holds the shower wand hose in place but didn't want to remove screws and chalk holes. The ring was only good to hold hose when traveling to prevent it from swinging wildly in shower. With the ring in place it was hard to rinse those hard to reach parts so with the dremel I cut out a large enough section so you can use the shower wand freely. There is still enough of the ring left that will hold hose during travel. Not a great mod but it fits my needs. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2742.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	220.3 KB
ID:	147657
TST 507 TPMS
2017 = 30 nights /
2018 = 7 nights
woodyrock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 08:13 AM   #11191

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyrock1 View Post
Didn't like the plastic ring that holds the shower wand hose in place but didn't want to remove screws and chalk holes. The ring was only good to hold hose when traveling to prevent it from swinging wildly in shower. With the ring in place it was hard to rinse those hard to reach parts so with the dremel I cut out a large enough section so you can use the shower wand freely. There is still enough of the ring left that will hold hose during travel. Not a great mod but it fits my needs. Attachment 147657
good idea, ..... that ring does restrict the use of the shower head, thanks for posting this, ...

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:41 AM   #11192

Location: Minnesota ( wishing we were boondocking in the New York Catskills )
Quote:
Not a great mod but it fits my needs. Attachment 147657
Hey, if it makes something easier for you, then it IS a great mod

Jeff and Abby
Fur Babies - Xandra Sophia (GSD) and Neo (Min-Pin Mutt who thinks he is a cat)
2015 Tracer Air 235 (previous 1994 Veri-Lite 1130 TC)
1998 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab - 360 - 46RE (Built)
Jeff_and_Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:10 AM   #11193

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
I've been using the LevelMate for about 5-6 months and love it. Really makes the level up process a one person job. Kinda nice to know you need to back up just a little more to raise the trailer ¼ inch.

There have been reports of poor battery life but I haven't seen that. I did get a pair of spare batteries but they are just sitting in storage. One thing I did find is that sometimes I cannot get the device to connect to the iPhone. Found out that when it goes to sleep to preserve battery life there may not be enough trailer motion to wake it up. If you're already parked and encounter that problem just bang on the wall next to the unit and the vibration will wake it up. Then, restart the app and all is good.
Yeah I really like my levelmate pro. Between it and the anderson leveling chocks it takes me no time at all to get leveled up. Two of the best rv purchases I've ever made.

I usually just move the landing gear a bit up or down and it wakes right up. Never had it take more than about 30 seconds to get connected to the phone.

2017 Heritage Glen 368RLHBK Limited
2017 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew, 6.7 Cummins
m35a2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:27 AM   #11194
Always Learning

Quote:
Didn't like the plastic ring that holds the shower wand hose in place but didn't want to remove screws and chalk holes. The ring was only good to hold hose when traveling to prevent it from swinging wildly in shower. With the ring in place it was hard to rinse those hard to reach parts so with the dremel I cut out a large enough section so you can use the shower wand freely. There is still enough of the ring left that will hold hose during travel. Not a great mod but it fits my needs. Attachment 147657

Looks good! I actually took the hose out of mine and use the ring for hanging a wash cloth (I just pull a corner up through it).

For travel, I just lay the shower head on the shower floor (on a washcloth) and never put an ounce of thought to the hose banging around during travel. I can't see any evidence of it swinging.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:34 AM   #11195

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
It is a fake leather looking plastic stuff. I did not put that on, it is what they covered the board with. It is the "kick" plate that covers the from of the slide and gives it some support when it is stowed. As were doing it... Literally $10 and a few hours to take my time with fitment. Tiles cut with a razor blade and lever as a straight edge.
thank you !!

TV:GMC 2500HD Duramax
TT: 2015 Wildwood 21rbs
510Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 01:15 PM   #11196

Quote:
Didn't like the plastic ring that holds the shower wand hose in place but didn't want to remove screws and chalk holes. The ring was only good to hold hose when traveling to prevent it from swinging wildly in shower. With the ring in place it was hard to rinse those hard to reach parts so with the dremel I cut out a large enough section so you can use the shower wand freely. There is still enough of the ring left that will hold hose during travel. Not a great mod but it fits my needs.
Wish we had done that mod before I broke it 2 weeks ago and ordered a new one. (Expensive little piece of plastic, ranging from $1.67 w/o shipping to over $12.00)

Happiness is just a ride away!
Sharon455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 01:25 PM   #11197

we have a WIFI extender antenna where the crank up TV antenna used to be. Have left it up two times and broke it the second time on an overpass.

My solution was to take a piece of red strap material and install it over the slideout switch. The slideouts have to be out to raise and lower the antenna.
The idea is, seeing the red over top of the switch we will know and remember to crank the antenna down before retracting the slides.
Old 08-09-2017, 04:15 PM   #11198

Finished up installing the Titan disc brake conversion and took the trailer on a 50 mile test drive. Needless to say but I'm really impressed with how these brakes work.

Old 08-09-2017, 07:19 PM   #11199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon455 View Post
Wish we had done that mod before I broke it 2 weeks ago and ordered a new one. (Expensive little piece of plastic, ranging from $1.67 w/o shipping to over $12.00)

Holy cow that is expensive for a piece of plastic.
TST 507 TPMS
2017 = 30 nights /
2018 = 7 nights
woodyrock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 08:14 PM   #11200

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
Finished up installing the Titan disc brake conversion and took the trailer on a 50 mile test drive. Needless to say but I'm really impressed with how these brakes work.

bet that wasn't cheap
rp53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper