Old 12-16-2015, 01:56 PM   #5871
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Not much traffic thru here yet.....I even turned on the LED porch lights....the 16' long ones!!

Old 12-16-2015, 02:02 PM   #5872

After two trips with no Television reception I asked my full timing brother where the problem was. He told me to check the cable connectors that connect through the roof. The little rubber boot that FR used on my Rockwood 2703 allowed water to corrode the cable connection. An easy fix, but at 68 I don't like climbing up that ladder. Camping World wanted me to leave the unit for three weeks to fix it under warranty. This failed at only 12 months. If anyone else has this little rubber boot at the roof I would recommend sealing the entire connector boot and all.

2015 Rockwood 2703ws
2013 F-150 5.0

Old 12-16-2015, 04:50 PM   #5873
Canadian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwoodjoe View Post
After two trips with no Television reception I asked my full timing brother where the problem was. He told me to check the cable connectors that connect through the roof. The little rubber boot that FR used on my Rockwood 2703 allowed water to corrode the cable connection. An easy fix, but at 68 I don't like climbing up that ladder. Camping World wanted me to leave the unit for three weeks to fix it under warranty. This failed at only 12 months. If anyone else has this little rubber boot at the roof I would recommend sealing the entire connector boot and all.

2015 Rockwood 2703ws
2013 F-150 5.0
While your at it, don't forget that the shaft for raising and lowering the antenna should be lubricated once a year, too.
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 4x4, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 05:08 PM   #5874

Well got done loading, went through my check list, filled the truck with fuel. Will hook-up in the AM and take off for Florida, should be back in Clarksville Va. in the middle of March. Figures the weather been dry for 2 weeks and they are predicting rain and high winds on 95. I hope to stay ahead of the heavy stuff by looking at accu. weather. If not I guess I'll just pull over done that enough times. But Key Largo and Miami here we come.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 05:23 PM   #5875
Left Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Well got done loading, went through my check list, filled the truck with fuel. Will hook-up in the AM and take off for Florida, should be back in Clarksville Va. in the middle of March. Figures the weather been dry for 2 weeks and they are predicting rain and high winds on 95. I hope to stay ahead of the heavy stuff by looking at accu. weather. If not I guess I'll just pull over done that enough times. But Key Largo and Miami here we come.
Best wishes for a safe trip.......Put triple A on speed dial....
Old 12-16-2015, 05:59 PM   #5876

For your Cable connections, try using some Di-electric grease. Cable company uses this for outside connections.
Old 12-16-2015, 06:00 PM   #5877

Quote:
Man that makes me jealous! We can't leave until the end of January. We have mother issues to attend to and are blessed that we still have them, but that doesn't make me any less jealous! Have a safe trip and enjoy!

2013 Surveyor SVF 293
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2 EFI V8
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Ada, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 06:06 PM   #5878

Quote:
Did you Traumatize the Little neighbor Boy by riding that Scooter up & down the street before loading it! Who is going to run the Best C/G in Clarsville,Va. while you are in Fla.with Sid & OC? Have Fun & Camp On Brother! Youroo!!
Old 12-16-2015, 06:29 PM   #5879
Left Coast

Little neighbor kid.. beats a Kool-Aid stand!
Old 12-16-2015, 07:35 PM   #5880
Mod free 5er

AAA & Google search for all tow companies on the way. Lol

Tags
camper