Old 02-11-2016, 07:55 PM   #6261

Glad you got home safe.
I would be making them buy me a pin box too.
I suspect that pin has been compromised as well as the wedge mount nuts that are welded inside the box. There have been reports of the nuts breaking loose without what yours went through.

TST Tire Monitor - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
2016 Nights Camped = 46
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:03 PM   #6262

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Glad you got home safe.
I would be making them buy me a pin box too.
I suspect that pin has been compromised as well as the wedge mount nuts that are welded inside the box. There have been reports of the nuts breaking loose without what yours went through.
The pin box is definitely warped where the wedge goes in. Ha, the mount nuts held like champs! I'm calling Reese and Forest River/Rockwood tomorrow to see about getting a replacement VHD-10K22SW.

Big Bad Wolf - '15 Dodge Ram 2500HD 6.7 CTD / Reese 15k Pro
Wolf Den 3 - '14 Rockwood Signature Ultra Light 8280WS
Nights camped 2015: 25
Red Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 07:32 AM   #6263

Just wondering...
Had you bought a second, shorter wedge?
Looks like the original is still bolted to the pin box in its original position.
TST Tire Monitor - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
2016 Nights Camped = 46
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:13 AM   #6264

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Just wondering...
Had you bought a second, shorter wedge?
Looks like the original is still bolted to the pin box in its original position.
I bought the one that fits the Reese Pro 15k series. Link

Old 02-12-2016, 09:28 PM   #6265
Usually Confused Member

Fedex delivered my pair of Honda Eu2000 generators today so everything is ready for a few days of dry camping at the Atlanta speedway the end of this month.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:21 PM   #6266

Changed out my roof vent cap. Did an inspection and found it had a crack big enough to see inside the camper. No water damage thankfully.
Old 02-13-2016, 01:14 AM   #6267

Mixed up some soap suds and check propane connections. Found a leak on the spare tank which lost approx. 1/3 of the gas over a 1/12 years. ha. Very small but I didn't have a full tank like I thought I did. Worth the effort.
Old 02-13-2016, 01:40 AM   #6268

Went to replace my roof vent covers and found massive amounts of A/C air flowing out. I removed the covers and found that they had installed the vent pipes in my 07 Rockwood 2603 right through the A/C ducts. Using a flashlight I could see all the way down through the wall to the top of the waste tanks. I used expansion foam to seal around the bottom and top of the duct on both vents. I then dropped the A/C cover and noticed that the A/C fan was discharging air bluntly against the aluminum tubular roof frame towards the ducts creating a large buildup of turbulence. Using the same expansion foam I filled both side of the duct openings. This evening I went out and cut away the slop over and in doing so angled the cuts in the foam to redirect to air flow smoothly into the ducts. I now have so much air flowing through all the vents that it cools the whole camper in mere minutes.

On to finishing the LED awning strip installation tomorrow.
Old 02-13-2016, 11:06 AM   #6269

Quote:
Originally Posted by dea49 View Post
Went to replace my roof vent covers and found massive amounts of A/C air flowing out. I removed the covers and found that they had installed the vent pipes in my 07 Rockwood 2603 right through the A/C ducts. Using a flashlight I could see all the way down through the wall to the top of the waste tanks. I used expansion foam to seal around the bottom and top of the duct on both vents. I then dropped the A/C cover and noticed that the A/C fan was discharging air bluntly against the aluminum tubular roof frame towards the ducts creating a large buildup of turbulence. Using the same expansion foam I filled both side of the duct openings. This evening I went out and cut away the slop over and in doing so angled the cuts in the foam to redirect to air flow smoothly into the ducts. I now have so much air flowing through all the vents that it cools the whole camper in mere minutes.

On to finishing the LED awning strip installation tomorrow.

You did some good on that one! Amazing what we find in these things when you start looking.
Old 02-13-2016, 11:13 AM   #6270

Quote:
Originally Posted by dea49 View Post
Went to replace my roof vent covers and found massive amounts of A/C air flowing out. I removed the covers and found that they had installed the vent pipes in my 07 Rockwood 2603 right through the A/C ducts.
They did the same idiotic engineering on my 2015 8280WS. The black water vent pipe runs right through the AC ducting, and they didn't seal it, so AC was coming out from vent. I discovered it when I was replacing the vent cap and there was condensation all over it. I sealed around the pipe, installed the new vent cap, and dicor'ed all around that.

This and the water filter I can't reach are the only two complaints I have about the design of the trailer.

Tags
camper