Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2018, 01:13 PM   #14221
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
Well here's what it looked like last week:

Attachment 181711

Then we got to looking at it and a lot of the wood is weathered and split. Plus it's only held together by nails. Lots and lots of nails. So we decided to pull the deck boards off, save what we can and go with our original plan of building 3 sections from scratch. So now it looks like this:

Attachment 181712
Well we took the legs off this thing, cut 2' off of it, moved it over in front of our outdoor kitchen and put the decking boards back on except at an angle so it looks a little nicer.

Of course I forgot to take any pictures of it.

We plan on buying the lumber for our main deck on Friday and hopefully getting it built this weekend.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:06 PM   #14222

Did a little mouse hunting. Camped down by the river last weekend and picked up a fury friend. Jumped out of the basement and scared the daylights out of DW. Three weeks before we go again so I set up a trap line to catch any of his fury friends. Also installed a battery shut off switch, so no more messing around with the battery box during down time.
Bnrc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 01:58 PM   #14223

These span some time, for sure, but here they are.......

A couple hooks by the bunks.....

We don't use our antenna much at all (ever?), but it midas well be in tip top shape. This one was a christmas present....

The screen door handle. Family seems to really like it, like everyone on the forum...

Real complicated one....... couple eye bolts to latch the dogs to.

This is kinda trippy, but it's looking UP inside the storage bay. It's the under side of my nightstand. They're cup hooks...for helmets.

And this is why.. Frees up floor space for other stuff.

Running 3/0 inverter cable..

Inverter and solar controller.

and some panels.......

aeblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 02:12 PM   #14224

Warranty work

Took our 5th wheel into the dealer today for warranty service. Had to make the appointment 2 months ago. Dealer says, 72 hrs to look over the work, 2-4 weeks to get approval for warranty work, 8-10 weeks to order parts and 2-4 weeks to complete the work. So, counting in the time to make the appointment, there is 6-8 months of time before the rig gets done - what bull crap. I'm hoping it doesn't take anywhere near that long. Repairs are minor:

Leaky window seal, broken leg on folding dinette chair, window crank stuck and slide seals worn.

I'll let you'll know what the outcome is.

Gsykora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 02:18 PM   #14225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsykora View Post
Took our 5th wheel into the dealer today for warranty service. Had to make the appointment 2 months ago. Dealer says, 72 hrs to look over the work, 2-4 weeks to get approval for warranty work, 8-10 weeks to order parts and 2-4 weeks to complete the work. So, counting in the time to make the appointment, there is 6-8 months of time before the rig gets done - what bull crap. I'm hoping it doesn't take anywhere near that long. Repairs are minor:

Leaky window seal, broken leg on folding dinette chair, window crank stuck and slide seals worn.

That's why you take it to an independent service provider. Most give much better turn around times for repairs, and can do warranty work.
ard58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 03:02 PM   #14226

I had a progression with my bike rack too.
started with a stromberg carlson bike bunk and a swagman 4 place bike rack (RV rated).

The curved posts just weren't working. I realized I could make straight posts work, after some measurements. That moved the whole rack rearward like 8 or more inches. then I didn't like the 2" receiver interface and eliminated it. I welded a 1-5/8" schedule 40 tube (about 8") to the top of the bike bunk. That moved everything back yet another 8". SO, that reduced the torque on the whole thing a TON as well as made it so I can get to my propane tanks as well as made it so I didn't have to extend my hitch 16" or more.

I do need to extend my hitch to clear my electric jack. I don't know how much yet. I plan to put a grownup bike on the front-most bike position and also try to NOT crash that when at full lock. I'd like to shorten the posts a bit too, cause that thing is a couple inches past my "comfortable" reach.

Here's the progression:

Old 08-23-2018, 05:01 PM   #14227

Boy, those pool noodles sure do come in handy! Used a piece on the extra long night stand. Got tired of cracking my elbow on it in the middle of the night!Click image for larger version

Name:	20180823_174629.jpeg
Views:	160
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	184135
Happy Camping!
tonyz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 05:14 PM   #14228

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeblank View Post
These span some time, for sure, but here they are.......

A couple hooks by the bunks.....

We don't use our antenna much at all (ever?), but it midas well be in tip top shape. This one was a christmas present....

The screen door handle. Family seems to really like it, like everyone on the forum...

Real complicated one....... couple eye bolts to latch the dogs to.

This is kinda trippy, but it's looking UP inside the storage bay. It's the under side of my nightstand. They're cup hooks...for helmets.

And this is why.. Frees up floor space for other stuff.

Running 3/0 inverter cable..

Inverter and solar controller.

and some panels.......

WOW you have been busy, all good add on’s that will make it easier on you and your family. Thanks for sharing
pbandrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 05:20 PM   #14229

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbandrb View Post
WOW you have been busy, all good add on’s that will make it easier on you and your family. Thanks for sharing
Thanks! I enjoy doing them too, but with a family it's hard. I get from 9pm to 11pm, if I'm lucky.
Old 08-23-2018, 05:22 PM   #14230

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeblank View Post
Here's the progression:
On my phone anyway, the order is all wrong. Sorry.
Old 08-23-2018, 06:41 PM   #14231

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz1 View Post
Boy, those pool noodles sure do come in handy! Used a piece on the extra long night stand. Got tired of cracking my elbow on it in the middle of the night!Attachment 184135
I agree, I cut one up into pieces to put on the metal conduit rods I use for our drying rack. Not in the picture but that is our rack. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180524_204731.jpeg
Views:	154
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	184141

If your best was good enough today........
It won't be tomorrow.
Feldhege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 07:43 PM   #14232
Camper

TST 507 arrived today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6F84F39E-FA47-4F79-BFF8-738C9610DDA7.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	480.4 KB
ID:	184144

TV - 2006 F350 6.0 DRW CC
TT - 2018 Wildwood 31KQBTS
Macrosill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 07:43 PM   #14233

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorSam20500 View Post
My "break camp" routine ends with -

1. Drive off site (or at least pull forward full length of trailer)

2. Stop

3. Walk back to site and check for "stuff"

So far, I haven't left anything behind...

Like it
6 years weekend camping Class C
2017 camping 20 days and counting
Brand2328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 07:55 PM   #14234

Quote:
Originally Posted by ard58 View Post
That's why you take it to an independent service provider. Most give much better turn around times for repairs, and can do warranty work.

We uused an RV tech Had Primetime approve it. They paid parts and labor just not the service charge. Repair was done in less than 72 hours cost me 90 bucks Primetime paid well over 300.
Old 08-23-2018, 07:57 PM   #14235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrosill View Post
TST 507 arrived today.

Attachment 184144

Love it. Works great and provides a great piece of mind.
Old 08-24-2018, 01:26 PM   #14236

Quote:

1- 3 days to "look over the work" seems a bit long since you had an appt. to bring it in on a certain day.

2- 2-4 weeks to get approval is about 3 weeks too long. If they submit the request as soon as they're done inspecting it along with;

3- 8-10 weeks to order the parts; should be submitted at the same time as the claim is submitted. And the parts, which should be in stock since it's a new unit, shouldn't take more than a week or 2 to arrive. Unfortunately, dealers tend to wait until they have a large parts order that's cost effective to get shipped in. That is IF they even remember to order them.
If the dealer tells you they ordered the parts, you can call Cedar Creek to see if the order was placed for your VIN. If not, tell them that the dealer said they were and that should prompt them to call the dealer to "see what's going on".

4- 2-4 weeks to get the work done after approval .....well your at the mercy of the dealer who will have to get your unit back into the rotation. Which seems a little long since they should now have the approval & parts and want to get it done to get paid by FR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brand2328 View Post
We uused an RV tech Had Primetime approve it. They paid parts and labor just not the service charge. Repair was done in less than 72 hours cost me 90 bucks Primetime paid well over 300.

We did this on 2 occasions and it worked out well. Well worth paying the service fee not to have to drag it all the way to the dealer......and wait forever!
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 01:32 PM   #14237

Quote:

Can you at least go back and get it and use it after they have looked it over and made their parts list? That way you could still have use of it.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 01:46 PM   #14238

Quote:

8-10 weeks to order and receive the parts.....sort of can believe that. I had my camper in couple of weeks ago as I needed to replace one of the awning arms due to my spotter not paying attention on my blind side....anyway they could get the arm from dometic (awning manufacturer) overnight or three weeks from Forest River.
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 01:58 PM   #14239

Can you imagine what would happen if you took your truck to the dealer and they told you that same timeline to get some warranty work done? You'd flip out!!!

Now, I'm not really envisioning it taking this long, because the only part they need to order is a new folding dinette chair. I'm sure the leaky window can be fixed and the slide seals replaced without having too much trouble.

Regardless of it's status, I'll be picking it up mid September as we'll be heading out on the FROG rally to the Grand Canyon around 9/22. Just hoping they do something to it before then

Gsykora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 02:28 PM   #14240
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalsofEscape View Post
8-10 weeks to order and receive the parts.....sort of can believe that. I had my camper in couple of weeks ago as I needed to replace one of the awning arms due to my spotter not paying attention on my blind side....anyway they could get the arm from dometic (awning manufacturer) overnight or three weeks from Forest River.
Screwed up my awning on a weekend a couple of years ago. Called the service department at my dealer that very day. He looked up my trailer and found what size awning it was. Later the next week, he called and told me it was ordered and would be in the first of the next week and I set my appointment for later that week. Dropped trailer off the day scheduled and picked it up by 12:30pm that day.
God love Keystone RV in Greencastle, PA and Scott the service dept supervisor!

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper