2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2014 Greywolf 26DBH
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 11:59 AM   #7172
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinn View Post
It opened its eyes
That would weird me out looking in the rear view..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2014 Greywolf 26DBH
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 12:01 PM   #7173

Quote:
Originally Posted by head gamez View Post
I hear ya. It was one of those things that I didn't catch on the walk through, and when I did first hear it, I assumed it was the floor vent and would get around to it sometime.
I was just having fun with ya. I get a kick out of folks who run to the dealer for every little thing, even under warranty. I prefer to do all of my own work when I can.

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3.73 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2016: 38 nights camped
Teamfour is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 12:04 PM   #7174
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinn View Post
It opened its eyes
Where did you get the eyes???
Old 04-08-2016, 12:14 PM   #7175

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Sigh, and we just figured out the cause. Like normal life, having a screw loose doesn't necessarily mean it was the problem. And in fact, it was a red herring.

The real problem appears to be a reenforcement that I made for the back of a drawer. I took out a block of wood that was stapled to another and instead put in an L-bracket. The great mystery is why did it wait until the 3rd use of the slide to tear the floor.

AND- looks like I kissed something last night. I think it was when I pulled off of the road for my potty training son to pee. It was on an entrance ramp and they had metal reflectors. I got close to them getting pulled over and am guessing the slightest bit of tail swing got me.

Been there, done that too. Left Larry Penney Thompson park last May and the tail swing caught their pedestal protective post (pedestals are at the front of the sites ), and kinda creased the rear panel behind the slide. Needles to say, the great people at Prime Time took care of it on our way to the rally.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 03:28 PM   #7176

Replaced the batteries in the tire pressure monitors, getting everything ready for the season.
Old 04-08-2016, 03:45 PM   #7177

I finally figured out why my Dish Trav'ler TV would'nt work today. After months of no TV, I'd replaced the defective interface box and TV still wasn't working. The RV service repair shop looked at it, billed me and left me hanging last week. A TV went out in the house this week and as a last effort after the phone tech couldn't fix the TV over the phone, I decided to try an extra HDMI cable lying around from an unused TV. That turned out to be the problem in the house- bad cord!! I went out to my RV with this good cord and magically it was the same problem!!! Finally my TV in RV is working. I learned that the stock cords from Dish are pretty cheap quality. Lesson learned; if all else fails- check the cord. I then purchased a better quality HDMI cord today for the RV.
Old 04-08-2016, 03:51 PM   #7178

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Guess the jobs of the mobile life, eh?
I think the saying is, "it's always something". At least I can say these were self-inflicted (if that's better?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
Been there, done that too. Left Larry Penney Thompson park last May and the tail swing caught their pedestal protective post (pedestals are at the front of the sites ), and kinda creased the rear panel behind the slide. Needles to say, the great people at Prime Time took care of it on our way to the rally.
Fortunately, it seems to be almost all paint. The corner piece is slightly cracked and might actually have been cracked before.

I have a little bit of touch-up paint, but may call for some more. Then my father-in-law knows a guy who paints cars; I should be able to call him and arrange to get it painted properly.

Oh well, such is life.
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 03:55 PM   #7179

I just finished install 2 TVs on the kids bunks. Last 3 times we were out camping it rained the entire time. Now have a tv on each bunk and the can watch antenna, DVDs and from my media box. This should make everyone happy
Old 04-08-2016, 05:26 PM   #7180

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Sigh, and we just figured out the cause. Like normal life, having a screw loose doesn't necessarily mean it was the problem. And in fact, it was a red herring.

The real problem appears to be a reenforcement that I made for the back of a drawer. I took out a block of wood that was stapled to another and instead put in an L-bracket. The great mystery is why did it wait until the 3rd use of the slide to tear the floor.

AND- looks like I kissed something last night. I think it was when I pulled off of the road for my potty training son to pee. It was on an entrance ramp and they had metal reflectors. I got close to them getting pulled over and am guessing the slightest bit of tail swing got me.

I'm beginning to think that if it weren't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all!

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper

« Low Temps | - »