Old 04-09-2016, 11:49 PM   #7201

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
That is interesting as I talked to my dad about different repairs over the years. One of his "in a pinch" go-tos is to use caulk as a glue. He says that they would use it for crazy random things with printing presses and never had issues with it.
Slight topic drift... but along those same lines... Lock-Tite is making an adhesive to bond two pieces of bare metal together that has more holding power than welding.
There's some neat stuff out there.

TST Tire Monitor - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
2016 Nights Camped = 46
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 12:05 AM   #7202
Usually Confused Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbertalotto View Post
I wrote a whole article about it on my web site as it has tons of photographs and verbiage and too large to post here. But the moderators on this site won't let me link you to my home page because I sell one item, a $20 bore guide for the shooting sports. Go figure!

Sorry!
That doesn't seem logical. There are hundreds, probably thousands, of posts that have links to sites that only exist for the purpose of selling stuff. I think it would still be better to make the site have an annual paid registration and get rid of all the advertisements.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 12:22 AM   #7203

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
That doesn't seem logical. There are hundreds, probably thousands, of posts that have links to sites that only exist for the purpose of selling stuff. I think it would still be better to make the site have an annual paid registration and get rid of all the advertisements.

I use my I phone app avoids advertisements.
Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 12:47 AM   #7204

I wish i'd taken pictures but did not. I put a heath zenith wireless home type light switch on the bathroom wall and a small inverter in the ceiling of the bathroom and stuck a incandescent 110 volt spiral fluorescent bulb in a small house bathroom fixture the wife liked. Also replaced the all of the lights with a two bulb oval glass from camping world except over the dinette which is a larger oval globe. I put all led bulbs in those.
Gave the stock fixtures to my dad for his 2004 mirada who still had his original which had yellowed.
2014 Jeep SRT...did not trade
Simplewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:11 AM   #7205
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
The difference is whether the poster has a financial interest in redirecting members to a web site. This fits the definition of "mining the membership" and is a violation of our site rules. Without this rule we would be spammed unmercifully and the moderators would be busy 24/7 with site clean up.

A link to your blog is OK, unless you are selling something in your blog.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 12:01 PM   #7206

Not today but yesterday I pulled all four wheels and drums. Removed the old seals degreased everything, bearings and all. Inspected brakes & bearings, repacked bearing installed new seals and reassembled and adjusted brakes, all one wheel at a time. I did not fill the voids with grease, did it old style hand packing the bearing. Lubed slide rails and rack gears, lubed screw drive on the rear stabilizers. Not the cleanest job, took all day but it is done.
Old 04-10-2016, 05:16 PM   #7207

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
That is interesting as I talked to my dad about different repairs over the years. One of his "in a pinch" go-tos is to use caulk as a glue. He says that they would use it for crazy random things with printing presses and never had issues with it.

Good thing about that is when you want to undo your repair to repair it right the caulk comes off like rubber and is faulty neat and clean, a good thing to have handy also I keep a river gun and various size rivets
Old 04-10-2016, 05:35 PM   #7208

We got our Coach out of Storage from a long winters nap. Nice place, heated and looks as good when we took her out as when we put her away back in late October. It's expensive, but sure does protect our investment...
2014 Georgetown 328 TSF
2012 Jayco Eagle Supe Lite 308 RETS (Seasonal Site)
2013 Jeep Rubicon with Mods..
Jmsx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 07:03 PM   #7209

Installed new awning LED strip lights. 3rd set. First 2 were Forest River failures. I put in the tri-color kind. Real sexy.

Started on an electronic igniter for the oven. Hate getting down on the floor to lean in and light it.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:36 PM   #7210

Added roof solar to portable solar

Today I added 2 100 w solar panels from mountain wind trading co on the roof to compliment my 200 w portable set up. Just wired them to my already installed trimetric TM2030R & SC2030 used by the portable panels. When in shade still have 200w power. When portables are plugged in I have 400w. Works great and was inexpensive to add $219 for panels a little for mounting hardware and 24 ft wire.

Days Camped 2016 80

nodrawers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper