Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2016, 08:39 AM   #7271
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
SYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 3,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrawers View Post
Today I added a 3 gal GI gas can on rear bumper for the occasional need for gas for WH2000XLT. Going Camping at Grand Lake, Ok tomorrow for 7 days.
Be careful, some tunnels do not allow them like that.
__________________

__________________
Scott & Vicki
2015 Silverado 3500HD 6.6L Duramax/Allison
2013 Columbus 295RL
Camped 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93 nights, 2017 28 Nights Reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 08:50 AM   #7272
Senior Member
 
Evereddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pfafftown NC
Posts: 1,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYE View Post
Be careful, some tunnels do not allow them like that.
someone needs to make a gas tank that looks like a tire!
__________________

__________________
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 08:54 AM   #7273
Senior Member
 
Wobbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Southern, IL
Posts: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evereddie View Post
someone needs to make a gas tank that looks like a tire!
China kabooms...
__________________
Bob & Michelle
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat 4x4
2015 Grey Wolf 26BH
Wobbles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 08:58 AM   #7274
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by leefl View Post
... checked if revolution wedge would work with reese lube plate (but there's a whole separate post on that)...
If you use the wedge, you don't need the lube plate.
__________________
OldCoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:15 AM   #7275
Senior Member
 
leefl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
If you use the wedge, you don't need the lube plate.
Do you not use any lube/grease on the hitch at all ?

I've been using grease to help keep things slick when hitching up, (I know you obviously don't need it for rotation) but was getting fed up of the mess.

See my post here: -
Reese SideWinder + Reese Lube Plate - Dangerous advice from Reese
__________________
2015 Rockwood Signature UltraLite 8281WS
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat CrewCab, 4x4, 6.2L V8
leefl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:23 AM   #7276
Senior Member
 
leefl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 577
On an unrelated note, something I just did to the truck, rather than camper: -

Wired in the TST507 TPMS display/monitor to one of the truck upfitter switches, so that I don't need to drape the charging code across the dash.

The monitor is already mounted (using the suction cup) to the very bottom left of the windshield, tucked in right against the door frame.
I ran the cable down a gap to near where the brake release pull is, and wired it up to one of the Upfitter Switch pigtails (just using a wire nut), and a ground screw nearby.
What a pain in the butt to get to those upfitter wires tho'. If they'd made them just a couple inches longer the whole job would've taken a quarter of the time. Also the wire insulation of those wires is a pain too. Even with the right gauge wire strippers the insulation didn't want to pull off, seemed super tough.

Anyway, all done now, and I can either leave it switched on, and it'll turn on/off with the ignition (whereas my 12v outlets are all permanently on) or just turn it on with the switch as needed.
Can still remove it by just unclipping it from the mount, and unplugging the connector, if I want it to hand while inflating tires.
__________________
2015 Rockwood Signature UltraLite 8281WS
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat CrewCab, 4x4, 6.2L V8
leefl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:26 AM   #7277
Senior Member
 
wicked1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Manahawkin
Posts: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by leefl View Post
On an unrelated note, something I just did to the truck, rather than camper: -

Wired in the TST507 TPMS display/monitor to one of the truck upfitter switches, so that I don't need to drape the charging code across the dash.

The monitor is already mounted (using the suction cup) to the very bottom left of the windshield, tucked in right against the door frame.
I ran the cable down a gap to near where the brake release pull is, and wired it up to one of the Upfitter Switch pigtails (just using a wire nut), and a ground screw nearby.
What a pain in the butt to get to those upfitter wires tho'. If they'd made them just a couple inches longer the whole job would've taken a quarter of the time. Also the wire insulation of those wires is a pain too. Even with the right gauge wire strippers the insulation didn't want to pull off, seemed super tough.

Anyway, all done now, and I can either leave it switched on, and it'll turn on/off with the ignition (whereas my 12v outlets are all permanently on) or just turn it on with the switch as needed.
Can still remove it by just unclipping it from the mount, and unplugging the connector, if I want it to hand while inflating tires.

There is a good use for the uplifted switches, I may do the same but first I have to get the Tire Pressure monitor, good to have though
__________________
2016 F350 Supercew Short Box 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2015 FR Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:38 AM   #7278
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by leefl View Post
Do you not use any lube/grease on the hitch at all ?



I've been using grease to help keep things slick when hitching up, (I know you obviously don't need it for rotation) but was getting fed up of the mess.



See my post here: -

Reese SideWinder + Reese Lube Plate - Dangerous advice from Reese

Not sure about your specific hitch but my curt 20k has 2 zerks for the jaws and they got a couple pumps but no grease on the exposed areas of the jaws, just too messy and unnecessary


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
jerky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:50 AM   #7279
Senior Member
 
leefl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerky View Post
Not sure about your specific hitch but my curt 20k has 2 zerks for the jaws and they got a couple pumps but no grease on the exposed areas of the jaws, just too messy and unnecessary
Meant just between the hitch head, and the pin-plate, to allow the pin-plate to slide up onto the hitch head smoothly when hitching up.

I had been using this: -
Lucas Oil 10030 Fifth Wheel Lubricant - 16 oz
which somebody recommended last year, but haven't been happy with the results (or the mess)

I noticed that there were zerks for the jaws. How often have you greased those (and how to do you release any old grease ?)
__________________
2015 Rockwood Signature UltraLite 8281WS
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat CrewCab, 4x4, 6.2L V8
leefl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:56 AM   #7280
CANADA FROG RALLY 2017
 
B and B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmot Twp, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by leefl View Post
Do you not use any lube/grease on the hitch at all ?

I've been using grease to help keep things slick when hitching up, (I know you obviously don't need it for rotation) but was getting fed up of the mess.

See my post here: -
Reese SideWinder + Reese Lube Plate - Dangerous advice from Reese
I use grease on my hitch and Wedge, gets dirty . I clean off the dirt and grease and reapply. Makes hitching up a lot easier.
I just use standard crappy tire wheel bearing grease, use a disposable glove to apply!
__________________

__________________
B and B
2013 Rockwood 8289 Diamond Edition
GY D's/2.5 inch lift kit/Powerhouse 4 KW EFI Generator
2016 Ford F 350 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab FX4
2008 Golden Falcon 380PA Park Model Model

"Oh Canada,True North Strong and Free!"
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camper

« Low Temps | - »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 PM.