Old 04-23-2016, 01:56 PM   #7431

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefl View Post
This morning I lubed the axles on the 5er.

Thanks to jheacox1 for the suggestion of making a cardboard funnel to channel the grease away from the wheel hubs.

Now to try stripping down the revolution pin box and lubing that.
The castle nut was very tough to loosen, but now to see if I can get the revolution to drop
Well, I couldn't get the revolution to drop completely, but with the castle nut loosened slightly I did a few sharp turns and lubed where possible, and then used the legs to lift the 5er a little, pulling against the hitch.
That got about a half inch gap which I was able to clean under a little with some rags and apply plenty of lube on the wear plates.
When I tried to get everything back tightened, the top wear plate had moved a little so it was sitting on top of the rear plate, but I got that straightened out.
I've got it all re-torqued (to just over 80 lb-ft), and I can now turn it by "hand" (leaning body weight into it)
Interesting thing I noticed is that FR never split the split-pin in the castle nut. I just slid it out, but I'll split it to keep it in place

I still need to re-paint the revolution, but I guess I'll have to do that in-situ, with plenty of masking tape, being careful not to get paint on the rest of the 5er

Old 04-23-2016, 01:59 PM   #7432

Quote:
Well, I couldn't get the revolution to drop completely, but with the castle nut loosened slightly I did a few sharp turns and lubed where possible, and then used the legs to lift the 5er a little, pulling against the hitch.
That got about a half inch gap which I was able to clean under a little with some rags and apply plenty of lube on the wear plates.
When I tried to get everything back tightened, the top wear plate had moved a little so it was sitting on top of the rear plate, but I got that straightened out.
I've got it all re-torqued (to just over 80 lb-ft), and I can now turn it by "hand" (leaning body weight into it)
Interesting thing I noticed is that FR never split the split-pin in the castle nut. I just slid it out, but I'll split it to keep it in place

I still need to re-paint the revolution, but I guess I'll have to do that in-situ, with plenty of masking tape, being careful not to get paint on the rest of the 5er
Use blue painter tape. Comes off with out making a mess. Just don't leave it on for days in the sun!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Old 04-23-2016, 02:08 PM   #7433

Quote:

I/We called them "Cotter Pins" and a split pin was called "Roll Pins". Maybe just a location thing? Youroo!!
Old 04-23-2016, 03:32 PM   #7434
Done with this

I flushed out all the pink stuff, checked for leaks, stocked the shelves back up, getting ready to give it a bath. We have 13 days reserved in a few weeks. Can't wait!

I'm a little too truthful, I guess.
Y'all have fun in "Fantasy Land".
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 05:04 PM   #7435
Done with this

Also ordered the screens for the fridge vents and water heater, 2 screen door pull handles, and the tiles for the backsplash mod.

I'm a little too truthful, I guess.
Y'all have fun in "Fantasy Land".
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 05:43 PM   #7436

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
I/We called them "Cotter Pins" and a split pin was called "Roll Pins". Maybe just a location thing? Youroo!!
Yeah, I'm afraid I sometimes forget the "American English" names for some things. I've been living here for years, but I'm still a Brit... I only know real English

Thanks for the correction
Old 04-23-2016, 05:48 PM   #7437

Quote:

I did the same thing last week, got the revolution to drop down about 1" or so getting it cleaned up pretty good. The rear wear plate on mine had never been touched, the front plate had all the wear and gouges on it along with the ware ring above the castle nut and washer. Mine can be moved now if I put my weight into it, 175#. Next time I'll separate the revolution from the 5er, guess it should be done yearly.
Old 04-23-2016, 06:33 PM   #7438

Just installed the jt strongarms, well see how it goes. Was tired of all the rocking from the kids and dogs.

Add some more baskets and suchave for odds n ends

Installed our travel map finally and a DVD player in the bedroom.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:34 PM   #7439

Dropped my Roo off to the dealer to get the new steps installed, Jason from FR was nice enough to approve them to be replaced and this concludes all the warranty work. When I get it back Tuesday it gets a wash and wax, then quick clean inside and reset the hitch for the new F350 and ready for camping.

2016 F350 SCREW SB 6.7 PS Diesel
2015 FR Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
Old 04-23-2016, 09:21 PM   #7440
DW's Retirement Plan

Still loading the new Sunseeker with all the goodies from the Flagstaff. Did hang my indoor/outdoor temp monitor in the Sunseeker, though.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper