Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2016, 03:20 PM   #7871
Member
 
wwalker2984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Concord CA.
Posts: 89
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1464635983.956236.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	109578 absolutely nothing just enjoying it


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________
wwalker2984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 06:40 PM   #7872
Junior Member
 
CampingGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 22
Driving home from a great weekend in Alabama. Perfection. 
Name:   ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1464648021.837654.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  131.9 KB
__________________

__________________
CampingGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 06:53 PM   #7873
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamfour View Post
And one for the furnace. I cut the screens for the water heater but forgot my foil tape.
Did the same except I put the screen (finer mesh) under the flange.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Furnace screen.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	109594  
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 07:31 PM   #7874
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sterling, VA
Posts: 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Did the same except I put the screen (finer mesh) under the flange.

I wanted to do that but was unsure what would happen if I removed all six screws.
__________________
Lee and Anne

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3.73 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2016: 38 nights camped
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 07:50 PM   #7875
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamfour View Post
I wanted to do that but was unsure what would happen if I removed all six screws.
It is a bear cat to remove, first you have to cut the caulking and then very carefully pry the entire cover out, drill out 2 rivets and replace them with ss screws.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 09:33 PM   #7876
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 80
I did a bonehead move today. I installed a black tank tornado rinse. Everything went great, except after screwing everything in, I realized I now have a great "grey" water tank rinse instead of the black tank! WOW... I can't believe I did that... Oh well, another one on order, will put it in this week.
__________________
Jason

2000 Ford F-250 V10
2017 Salem Cruise Lite 273QBXL

2016= 5 Nights Camped
Jasdow77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 09:47 PM   #7877
Member
 
PapaE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Middle Georgia
Posts: 62
Loaded up, topped off the fuel in the truck, and checked the 5er tire pressures... leaving tomorrow morning to camp at R Shaefer Heard, a COE campground on West Point Lake. This is the 2nd trip this year... just missed some beautiful camping weather but couldn't go the last few weeks. Have done several upgrades recently but too tired to try to remember/list this evening.
__________________
Me & the DW
2016 Coachmen Brookstone 334RE Fifth Wheel
2015 Chevy 3500HD Diesel DRW Crew Cab 4X4 LTZ
PapaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 11:42 PM   #7878
Senior Member
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 13,791
More electrical fun times- this time a 12v light fixture. A couple of weeks ago it started not working intermittently but tonight it just stopped working entirely (unless you pushed on the switch- then it worked).



First looks show a hot mess (see what I did there? "hot"... you will). The bulbs themselves are slightly charred but the real mess is the switch itself and a wire that runs over/under/around the crimp connectors:



Wearing my trusty headlamp (because this happened at 10:30pm), I pulled the light down:



A second look at the wiring. I guess I should give style points for this sweet loop-dee-loop!



Because the light is switched at the wall, I just bypassed the switch on the fixture using a wire nut:



#notanelectrician, I electrical taped the whole mess (at least things I mucked with):



Closed it all back up and it's working good as new. I want to address the bulb heat issue with LED lights sometime soon. And really, I want a pretty light for there anyway. It's our bedroom dang nabbit.
__________________
2013 Sabre 36QBOK pulled by a 2012 Ram 3500 DRW
Blogs: Learn to RV & Personal Fulltiming Adventure
Towing Calculators: Towing Planner
ependydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 05:50 AM   #7879
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingGA View Post
Driving home from a great weekend in Alabama. Perfection. Attachment 109593
Cheaha?
__________________
Sierra360PDEK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 06:32 AM   #7880
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mount Laurel,NJ
Posts: 2,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
More electrical fun times- this time a 12v light fixture. A couple of weeks ago it started not working intermittently but tonight it just stopped working entirely (unless you pushed on the switch- then it worked).



First looks show a hot mess (see what I did there? "hot"... you will). The bulbs themselves are slightly charred but the real mess is the switch itself and a wire that runs over/under/around the crimp connectors:



Wearing my trusty headlamp (because this happened at 10:30pm), I pulled the light down:



A second look at the wiring. I guess I should give style points for this sweet loop-dee-loop!



Because the light is switched at the wall, I just bypassed the switch on the fixture using a wire nut:



#notanelectrician, I electrical taped the whole mess (at least things I mucked with):



Closed it all back up and it's working good as new. I want to address the bulb heat issue with LED lights sometime soon. And really, I want a pretty light for there anyway. It's our bedroom dang nabbit.
Wire nut! I'm thinking hot water heater and that wiring!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
__________________

__________________
2012 SunSeeker 3100SS Toad-1962 Futura
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camper

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 PM.