Old 06-10-2014, 04:39 AM   #871

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Patched the spot with a pc of Eternabond about the size of your thumbnail and then put a 2" x 3" pc with rounded corners over the top after gluing down the small tear. Should keep the elements out.
Hay what the H- -L is wrong with you getting on that roof? You know better. You need to stay off that roof and spend some money to get it done. One fall Old Man and Frankie will be looking for a new boy friend.....

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:49 AM   #872

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
CampingThis week. Need a pole mount a new Bug Zapper. Thing works like a charm! What do you use to mount yours on site.

Sent from my Z30 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Years ago I would let (The Next Site Over) use my Bug Zapper! Youroo!!

Old 06-10-2014, 07:36 AM   #873
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Years ago I would let (The Next Site Over) use my Bug Zapper! Youroo!!

eggzachary! I see *so* many people place their bug zapper close to their RVs. That just draws the bugs TO ya.

Hang it as far away as possible. You want the bugs "over there"!

I use a very tall metal yard-type shepherd's hook for ours. (the kind people use for hanging-basket flowers)

Oh, and expect visits from frogs. Nope not other FR owner people...I mean real frogs. A bug zapper becomes a call to eat for 'em. They sit under the bug light and gorge themselves on fried bugs.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:11 PM   #874

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
What did you find wrong with the vents and ducts?
On the main AC in the living room there was no tape on one side of a duct between the AC and the start of the duct. Air (good cold air) was just blowing out into the ceiling instead of into the ducts.
One of the vents in the bunkhouse didnt have any tape on it where the air flows out of the duct and into the vent itself, again letting air just blow into the ceiling. Also in that duct there was a crack in the top about a foot long, looke like it had been stepped on and crushed. I put some foil tape over it and hope it helps. The duct in the bunkhouse was also open at the end so there was nothing to stop the air from just blowing out the end of the duct. I remedied that as well with some foil tape.

Here is a pic of one of the better looking vents I found, notice the gap between the foam vent and ceiling:

Old 06-10-2014, 02:35 PM   #875
Site Team - Lou

Today was "Audio Visual" day and spent the day working on our wireless movie broadcast system with exterior projector and sound system.

Now we can show movies/TV shows or hold classes on any subject using PowerPoint outside.

Should be a hoot at Goshen.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 03:11 PM   #876
Old Enough to Know Better

I mounted my flag holder and let her charge up for a while.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OLD GLORY 1.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	366.9 KB
ID:	54892   Click image for larger version

Name:	OLD GLORY.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	414.8 KB
ID:	54893  
Old 06-10-2014, 04:35 PM   #877
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
Today was "Audio Visual" day and spent the day working on our wireless movie broadcast system with exterior projector and sound system.

Now we can show movies/TV shows or hold classes on any subject using PowerPoint outside.

Should be a hoot at Goshen.

Great! now get some factory reps to present pertinent topics each night. You can charge admission (tuition) for Herk University. or HU. I' want to see your setup. Sounds neat.
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 04:50 PM   #878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsey View Post
On the main AC in the living room there was no tape on one side of a duct between the AC and the start of the duct. Air (good cold air) was just blowing out into the ceiling instead of into the ducts.
One of the vents in the bunkhouse didnt have any tape on it where the air flows out of the duct and into the vent itself, again letting air just blow into the ceiling. Also in that duct there was a crack in the top about a foot long, looke like it had been stepped on and crushed. I put some foil tape over it and hope it helps. The duct in the bunkhouse was also open at the end so there was nothing to stop the air from just blowing out the end of the duct. I remedied that as well with some foil tape.

Here is a pic of one of the better looking vents I found, notice the gap between the foam vent and ceiling:

Now that is just down right/wrong lazy shoddy work(lack there of) right there.

Glad mine is just a crushed vent hose.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:00 PM   #879
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
I' want to see your setup. Sounds neat.
HP i7 Laptop w/17.1 inch screen 750GB HD
3 Terabyte USB Media Drive
HP OfficeJet H470 printer
Visionari 120” Home Theater Projector
Amped Wireless SR300N Smart Repeater
Microsoft Surface RT w/HDMI adapter
Apple iPad and iPhones

The Smart Repeater is the heart of the system and runs the camper's network. It allows all the devices, including smart phones, to talk to each other and share an internet connection if one is available.

The laptop gets the USB drive and serves up movies on demand to the Surface RT which is outside connected to the projector via HDMI. The projectors volume is awesome and you can easily watch movies/project the computer screen with just the speaker in the projector. The Surface can also use a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard (or the media drive/memory stick directly) via its own USB port.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:04 PM   #880
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
HP i7 Laptop w/17.1 inch screen 750GB HD
Ÿ3 Terabyte USB Media Drive
ŸHP OfficeJet H470 printer
Visionari 120” Home Theater Projector
Amped Wireless SR300N Smart Repeater
Microsoft Surface RT w/HDMI adapter
Apple iPad and iPhones

The Smart Repeater is the heart of the system and runs the camper's network. It allows all the devices, including smart phones, to talk to each other and share an internet connection if one is available.

The laptop gets the USB drive and serves up movies on demand to the Surface RT which is outside connected to the projector via HDMI. The projectors volume is awesome and you can easily watch movies/project the computer screen with just the speaker in the projector. The Surface can also use a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard (or the media drive/memory stick directly) via its own USB port.
Herk, FWIW, this is an English speaking forum, please refrain from speaking "Greek" as this is all "Greek" to me.

Us "Poor dumb civilians" just don't understand geek talk.

Tags
camper