Old 09-21-2016, 02:59 AM   #8831

I decided to hang some pictures using command strips and some putty Never wanted to do that before because I worried about having to put them away every time we travel - but with the right tools this should work without any hassel

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic_01.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	239.3 KB
ID:	120860

2014 Wildwood 231RBXL - Traded Her In
2016 Days Camped = 5; Reserved = 14 so far
2015 Days Camped = 24 / 2014 Days Camped = 23
Mrs Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 03:07 AM   #8832

Question Max TV Mounting

Hey there, Taylor here and new to the posting world. Not sure if this is where I should be asking for advice but here it goes! I've got a 60 inch tv that I want to mount in my fifth wheel bedroom. Yes, it does fit. (Haha) But I took it down because I was worried that the walls may not be able to withhold that much weight. Does anyone have any idea if my 60 inch flat screen mount might be too much for my walls? I have a Palimino Columbus Compass 2017. I don't know if that info helps at all. Appreciate it!

Old 09-21-2016, 01:46 PM   #8833

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisted View Post
Hey there, Taylor here and new to the posting world. Not sure if this is where I should be asking for advice but here it goes! I've got a 60 inch tv that I want to mount in my fifth wheel bedroom. Yes, it does fit. (Haha) But I took it down because I was worried that the walls may not be able to withhold that much weight. Does anyone have any idea if my 60 inch flat screen mount might be too much for my walls? I have a Palimino Columbus Compass 2017. I don't know if that info helps at all. Appreciate it!

Wow, 60"....I like!!!! Anyway, what does the Tv weigh? Put it on a scale. Does your 5er already have a mount on the wall and was it factory installed? If not, did you mount one in the area that was labeled for a Tv mount (the factory would have built a "backer" into the wall to hold the weight)?
This info will help all of us give you a better answer to your question.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 02:14 PM   #8834

"rracer5" pretty well hit the nail on the head with his statement about a backer built into the wall. From my experience in working on some, but not a big amount, RV's I can state that most walls will not support much weight. Two things to understand: 1) IF you mount something to a wall and just leave the RV sit where it is that would be a "static" load on the wall. The something that you mount to the wall does not move, vibrate, or cause any further stress on the wall. 2) Then you have "dynamic" load on the wall, this is when you travel down the road and the RV bounces along on our wonderful highway system, you travel over speed bumps at a slow speed, other things that would put a downward stress on the mounting point(s). Let's look at this: Let's say you have an entertainment center, as I do, and you want to mount your 60" TV on the back side. It looks like plywood doesn't it? Maybe not, some of the plywood looking panels in RV's are nothing more than what I know as "luan" plywood. This is plywood about 1/8' thick with a thin veneer over it that looks like stained plywood. I recently had to take one panel off of my entertainment center to run a new sat dish cable into it. The panel I took off looked to be nice stained plywood. Wrong! It was the luan plywood with a pretty veneer on it and it serves the purpose of what it is intended to be, pretty with no strength. So, before you mount that 60 incher please check to see if the wall, or panel, can handle the extra weight. OH, for those who are curious, what does a 60" TV weigh?
Old 09-21-2016, 05:18 PM   #8835

Took everything out of storage, blew out accumulated dirt, removed everything I haven't used or will need for Gulf Shores, put everything back in neatly; that won't last long. Put my sewer hose 6" x8' square tube under unit. Inspected tires and greased shackle pins. Put in a 12v plug next to tank dump for the macerator. Added a second battery for inverter.
Old 09-21-2016, 07:39 PM   #8836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurman View Post
"rracer5" pretty well hit the nail on the head with his statement about a backer built into the wall. From my experience in working on some, but not a big amount, RV's I can state that most walls will not support much weight. Two things to understand: 1) IF you mount something to a wall and just leave the RV sit where it is that would be a "static" load on the wall. The something that you mount to the wall does not move, vibrate, or cause any further stress on the wall. 2) Then you have "dynamic" load on the wall, this is when you travel down the road and the RV bounces along on our wonderful highway system, you travel over speed bumps at a slow speed, other things that would put a downward stress on the mounting point(s). Let's look at this: Let's say you have an entertainment center, as I do, and you want to mount your 60" TV on the back side. It looks like plywood doesn't it? Maybe not, some of the plywood looking panels in RV's are nothing more than what I know as "luan" plywood. This is plywood about 1/8' thick with a thin veneer over it that looks like stained plywood. I recently had to take one panel off of my entertainment center to run a new sat dish cable into it. The panel I took off looked to be nice stained plywood. Wrong! It was the luan plywood with a pretty veneer on it and it serves the purpose of what it is intended to be, pretty with no strength. So, before you mount that 60 incher please check to see if the wall, or panel, can handle the extra weight. OH, for those who are curious, what does a 60" TV weigh?
I have a 42 inch in living room over cab of our class C!
Old 09-21-2016, 07:58 PM   #8837

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccsvolsfan View Post
Took everything out of storage, blew out accumulated dirt, removed everything I haven't used or will need for Gulf Shores, put everything back in neatly; that won't last long. Put my sewer hose 6" x8' square tube under unit. Inspected tires and greased shackle pins. Put in a 12v plug next to tank dump for the macerator. Added a second battery for inverter.
I need a 6 inch by 8 inch tube. Pictures. Where ya get it?

Thanks
Old 09-21-2016, 09:48 PM   #8838
Dazed & Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Evans View Post
I decided to hang some pictures using command strips and some putty Never wanted to do that before because I worried about having to put them away every time we travel - but with the right tools this should work without any hassel

Attachment 120860
We have hung a clock and other items using command hooks and sticky back VELCRO. Everything has stayed in place over two seasons so far.
M&K Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:32 PM   #8839

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evereddie View Post
I need a 6 inch by 8 inch tube. Pictures. Where ya get it?

Thanks
I think he said 6" square by 8 ft long.

But I'd like to know where he found a 6" square tube.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:38 PM   #8840

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&K Hoffman View Post
We have hung a clock and other items using command hooks and sticky back VELCRO. Everything has stayed in place over two seasons so far.
x2 for sticky back velcro! Now that I've started, there will be alot more going on the walls, lol!

2014 Wildwood 231RBXL - Traded Her In
2016 Days Camped = 5; Reserved = 14 so far
2015 Days Camped = 24 / 2014 Days Camped = 23
Mrs Evans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper