Old 10-17-2016, 04:00 PM   #8991

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05CrewDually View Post
I'd have no concern unless I saw Temps 220+.
Yeah, my top temp so far has been 179.

Old 10-17-2016, 04:08 PM   #8992
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Mine too....at the top of the Rocky Mountains!

Old 10-17-2016, 05:29 PM   #8993

Started the clean out process for winterizing. Taking to the dealer in two weeks for repairs under warranty. No telling when I will get it back.
Old 10-17-2016, 06:21 PM   #8994

Replaced the bunkhouse door with a folding door so the kids can sleep in there without putting the slide out if necessary
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1476742892761.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	123261  
Old 10-17-2016, 07:49 PM   #8995

I decided I WAS NOT going to empty out the basement and crawl on my hands/ knees around the various stacks and wireing six feet to throw the valves on the water heater.Instead I viciously attacked the wall in the companion way with a saw and made a hole for a door.I have a baggage door to put in the hole and will use the wood (maybe its wood but I really think its cardboard) cutout to put in the door frame.Paint the frame semi black,screw it in and call it good.As ugly as the hole is,its still the best one in the unit(fr did all the others).I'll make up the door and frame this winter,but for now at least I can reach the water heater. I can also store at least 2 cases of beer in there and wont have to go outside to get it! Looking around,I can see two more places in this thing where this idea would work well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2412.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	356.7 KB
ID:	123263   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2413.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	353.0 KB
ID:	123264   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2414.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	268.9 KB
ID:	123265  
Old 10-17-2016, 08:46 PM   #8996
Marcus

Gray Wolf Toy Hauler 19RR shocks.

After consulting with the mfg Lippert on how the instructions for the shock do not work on I beam frames or under slung springs I almost gave up. They said the kit was not meant for my trailer.

I figured it out. Modified the beam plate by cutting off one corner and used spacers to offset the plate from the web of the beam to clear the bottom beam flange.

Used 3/8-16 Gr 8 x 2" bolts and nuts. The 5 Washers for 1/2" shims are mild steel. Drilled 13 /32 holes for bolts. T

The height adjustment procedure from standard instructions were used. Remember the weight of the trailer needs to be on the springs before the mid stroke shock mount location can be located on the frame. Jack stands worked great for this. Could have used 1 1/2" bolts. I measured the body to ground clearance front and back to be sure it was parallel to ground and not level so the shocks would be neutral .

Have 1" clearance to the tire and 1/4" to the frame.

The top outside bolts on the top plate do not carry all the load so the one I cut off will not make the unit fail. Amazing how much a frame can rust in 4 years.

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/...psumn26tdr.jpg
MarcusWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:05 PM   #8997

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05CrewDually View Post
If the temp differential between the 2 while driving on flat land for 15 minutes while maintaining 60mph ever hits 15f or more, it's time for a new oil cooler. Especially if you're seeing Temps spread of 20-30 or more.
Running with a clogged oil cooler increases the risk of superheating the EGR cooler which can cause it to crack internally. When this occurs it allows coolant to leak into the intake manifold. The coolant is then burned causing extreme pressures in the combustion chamber resulting in stretched headbolts and then blown head gasket(s).

Main objective when towing (stock), keep oil temp below 230f. If you observe the oil temp climb high and doesn't recover quickly after pulling grade have it checked out for a clogged oil cooler.

Side note: the "clogging" of the oil cooler I speak of is on the coolant side NOT oil side of the cooler. A clogged oil cooler replacement will also require a coolant drain/flush and new coolant.

And that's a 6.0 in a nutshell.

And for me we continued to load up for our trip next month. Alright, gotta come clean, my DW packed. I would probably do it wrong. I'm fine with that.
Take care of a 6.0 and it will take care of you.
Nights Camped 2016 27

Coolharts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 03:22 AM   #8998

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbomax View Post
I decided I WAS NOT going to empty out the basement and crawl on my hands/ knees around the various stacks and wireing six feet to throw the valves on the water heater.Instead I viciously attacked the wall in the companion way with a saw and made a hole for a door.I have a baggage door to put in the hole and will use the wood (maybe its wood but I really think its cardboard) cutout to put in the door frame.Paint the frame semi black,screw it in and call it good.As ugly as the hole is,its still the best one in the unit(fr did all the others).I'll make up the door and frame this winter,but for now at least I can reach the water heater. I can also store at least 2 cases of beer in there and wont have to go outside to get it! Looking around,I can see two more places in this thing where this idea would work well.
I think I would have done the same, like the idea of 2 cases of beer storage. Maybe you should cut holes for FR, any hole they cut it looks like they use a chainsaw and a hammer.....
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 10:17 AM   #8999
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
............ Maybe you should cut holes for FR, any hole they cut it looks like they use a chainsaw and a hammer.....
Glad I didn't have a mouth full of coffee reading that. Now that is funny.... and true in my experiences.
05CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 10:18 AM   #9000
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Hatchet.....dull...

Tags
camper