After consulting with the mfg Lippert on how the instructions for the shock do not work on I beam frames or under slung springs I almost gave up. They said the kit was not meant for my trailer.
I figured it out. Modified the beam plate by cutting off one corner and used spacers to offset the plate from the web of the beam to clear the bottom beam flange.
Used 3/8-16 Gr 8 x 2" bolts and nuts. The 5 Washers for 1/2" shims are mild steel. Drilled 13 /32 holes for bolts. T
The height adjustment procedure from standard instructions were used. Remember the weight of the trailer needs to be on the springs before the mid stroke shock mount location can be located on the frame. Jack stands worked great for this. Could have used 1 1/2" bolts. I measured the body to ground clearance front and back to be sure it was parallel to ground and not level so the shocks would be neutral .
Have 1" clearance to the tire and 1/4" to the frame.
The top outside bolts on the top plate do not carry all the load so the one I cut off will not make the unit fail. Amazing how much a frame can rust in 4 years.