Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2015, 04:34 PM   #5621
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Otherwise, I've been playing phone tag with Todd Eash of Patrick Industries to find out WTF is going on with my IRV66 radio- the sound cuts out/stutters fairly constantly. Hopefully connecting with him to get some resolution to that today.
Finally connected with Todd. That was a no fuss process- they're replacing the radio out after just a phone call. He's going to ship it next week so that it catches me in Anaheim, CA.
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 04:46 PM   #5622
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Shipped to campground?
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 05:12 PM   #5623

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Had it hooked up yet...level?
Yes it is level, By the way they are calling Cequents to make sure they want the old hitch back for sure, so stay tuned.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 05:20 PM   #5624

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Also sold Big Blue in 3 days. I guess not eveyone is scared of the 6.0.
Did Bob upgrade and buy your 04?
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 05:26 PM   #5625
Left Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnabbwr View Post
Did Bob upgrade and buy your 04?
YOU, sir, must need to borrow Brians TIN HAT!
Old 11-24-2015, 05:35 PM   #5626
Always Learning

Quote:
Shipped to campground?

Yep. Everything of ours gets shipped to a campground somewhere. Well, we are having a letter sent to General Delivery at the local post office; but that's a first for us.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:18 PM   #5627

Quote:
Otherwise, I've been playing phone tag with Todd Eash of Patrick Industries to find out WTF is going on with my IRV66 radio- the sound cuts out/stutters fairly constantly. Hopefully connecting with him to get some resolution to that today.
Sounds like the standard audio cut-out issue with the iRV-66.
Their fix is to feed a constant noise signal into the DSP, to stop the amp turning off at low volume, which works fine, apart from now the equalizer display constantly flickers, not displaying real levels (display only stops flickering if you turn volume to 0).

They were fairly prompt at sending out a replacement unit, ahead of me returning my old one.
I'd be interested to hear if your replacement unit has the constantly flickering equalizer display like mine (and most other replacements for this issue), or if they've now solved the issue properly.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:23 PM   #5628
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefl View Post
Sounds like the standard audio cut-out issue with the iRV-66.
Their fix is to feed a constant noise signal into the DSP, to stop the amp turning off at low volume, which works fine, apart from now the equalizer display constantly flickers, not displaying real levels (display only stops flickering if you turn volume to 0).

They were fairly prompt at sending out a replacement unit, ahead of me returning my old one.
I'd be interested to hear if your replacement unit has the constantly flickering equalizer display like mine (and most other replacements for this issue), or if they've now solved the issue properly.
Yep, when I described the problem - he said it was a known and unfortunate issue. (I still don't understand how there isn't proactive outreach to owners to address this sort of thing; but that's neither here nor there.)

He did say that since then, they've gone through 3 software and 2 hardware revisions and the new radios are working well. I'll look for the equalizer display thing and will post back in a couple of weeks (my timing, not his).

I will also give credit- he was very good about calling me back (unknowingly, I kept calling him after his business hours) and was very amenable to helping get it shipped to me on my schedule. He's holding it until 12/2 before he sends it because I'll be in-transit between a move to a RV repair shop, hotel, and finally another campground.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:33 PM   #5629
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

Quote:
Got my JoyRider suspension kits ordered. Scheduled on Tuesday-Friday to have them install..
Who did you order the Joys from? Who is doing the install?
Maxxis 235/80/16E; AirBags w/AirLift1; mor/Ryde Rubber Pinbox; Andersen UltimateII Alum. 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset; LCI Ground Control3; King Dishtailgater; Traveling with 10' Portabote;
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:35 PM   #5630
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbillsmith View Post
Who did you buy your Joy Riders from? Who is doing the install?
JoyRider sent me to buy/order them from Hendersons, 800-245-8309. They had them for $250 per kit (aka per 3" axle). Shipping from Oregon to southern California was only about $40.

I'm having the work done by Redlands Truck and RV.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:04 PM   #5631
Always Learning

Ok, random updates from past "What did you do to your camper today?" posts...

Quote:
Yup, ordered a bed. Now, it has to arrive at approximately the same time as us in 3-4 weeks after a campground change and (flying) trip back to our hometown!

Ordering stuff is tricky.
Sleep Number officially sucks. Apparently they were upgrading their entire company-wide system and it's fallen flat on it's face. I was quoted a 3-4 week turn around when they were just realizing that it was more like 5-6 weeks. I called 2 weeks ago to adjust the shipping address since it wasn't going to make it to me in Pahrump. I found out last week that something about that step completely broke my order and it fell out of their system with an error. The only solution was to re-enter the order and for me to wait an additional 5-6 weeks. They upped me to overnight shipping + upgraded the bed; but still - I didn't want those things. I wanted my dang bed!

So now, hopefully by a Christmas miracle, I'll get my bed. If not, shipping becomes a nightmare as we start moving every 2, 5, or 7 days to go from San Diego to Tampa.

Dem jerks.

Quote:
Air compressor came today! Can't wait to try it out.
I finally used my Viair 450P and it was awesome. Extremely quiet compared to my 120v compressor and it happily pushed the tire pressure up to 125psi. the only downside is that the inflation gun/gauge is completely terrible. It inconsistently read a good 5-15 psi high at any given time. I had to double-check all of the tires using my regular tire gauge.

Quote:
I did actually keep the package for the zip ties. Here's what I bought:
Attachment 91488

Wether they meet all of your criteria or not, they're good enough for me (for now, at least). I got another 450 miles out of them and none of the 4 has shown any sign of breakage. I think you all know me by now- I'll fess up when they let go. As to a temporary fix or long term plan, I'm still not sure. I do definitely feel like I'm in the...
(danger zone)
So, out of curiosity - I checked my spreadsheet for miles traveled/towed. I've got about 1,200+ miles on these zip ties. I've even moved my collapsible water hoses (that I use for flushing) back to that bin (in their own basket). I check them for tightness each time I do a walk around and so far so good.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:05 PM   #5632

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Yes it is level, By the way they are calling Cequents to make sure they want the old hitch back for sure, so stay tuned.

Hey gljurczyk, got any pics of the new truck?
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 07:46 PM   #5633

Quote:
Ok, random updates from past "What did you do to your camper today?" posts...

Sleep Number officially sucks. Apparently they were upgrading their entire company-wide system and it's fallen flat on it's face. I was quoted a 3-4 week turn around when they were just realizing that it was more like 5-6 weeks. I called 2 weeks ago to adjust the shipping address since it wasn't going to make it to me in Pahrump. I found out last week that something about that step completely broke my order and it fell out of their system with an error. The only solution was to re-enter the order and for me to wait an additional 5-6 weeks. They upped me to overnight shipping + upgraded the bed; but still - I didn't want those things. I wanted my dang bed!

So now, hopefully by a Christmas miracle, I'll get my bed. If not, shipping becomes a nightmare as we start moving every 2, 5, or 7 days to go from San Diego to Tampa.

Dem jerks.

I finally used my Viair 450P and it was awesome. Extremely quiet compared to my 120v compressor and it happily pushed the tire pressure up to 125psi. the only downside is that the inflation gun/gauge is completely terrible. It inconsistently read a good 5-15 psi high at any given time. I had to double-check all of the tires using my regular tire gauge.

So, out of curiosity - I checked my spreadsheet for miles traveled/towed. I've got about 1,200+ miles on these zip ties. I've even moved my collapsible water hoses (that I use for flushing) back to that bin (in their own basket). I check them for tightness each time I do a walk around and so far so good.
What about the steps?
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 07:53 PM   #5634
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
What about the steps?

The camper goes to the shop on Tuesday, 12/1. They go on as part of that service visit.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:58 PM   #5635

Quote:
The camper goes to the shop on Tuesday, 12/1. They go on as part of that service visit.
Sounds like Santa is going to need a bigger sled for your presents!
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Old 11-24-2015, 08:02 PM   #5636
Always Learning

Quote:
Sounds like Santa is going to need a bigger sled for your presents!

No kidding! Now, if I could just line someone up to install my inverter and a handful of outlets, I'd be set. No one wants to take it on due to the amount of work that it is. (Which seems crazy to me- I'm willing to pay the ungodly amount.)
Old 11-24-2015, 08:08 PM   #5637
Left Coast

How big invertor? Mine was pretty easy to wire in from battery to entertainment center
Old 11-24-2015, 08:23 PM   #5638

Quote:
No kidding! Now, if I could just line someone up to install my inverter and a handful of outlets, I'd be set. No one wants to take it on due to the amount of work that it is. (Which seems crazy to me- I'm willing to pay the ungodly amount.)

Get it all fixed up and then go to an RV show and get the fever to buy you another!
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Old 11-24-2015, 08:32 PM   #5639

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Inverter or converter?

Converter sorry. 120V AC to 12V DC
sbreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 08:48 PM   #5640
Always Learning

Quote:
How big invertor? Mine was pretty easy to wire in from battery to entertainment center

I think a 1,000w one with remote and switch or something. The real issue is that one of the outlets that I want is at the very rear of my camper in the outdoor kitchen which is in a slide. The other outlet is easy- in the bedroom right above.

And then I have a couple more outlets in the bunkhouse that I would like to be installed. I'm not sure if I want to worry with the inverter for them or not.

Quote:
Get it all fixed up and then go to an RV show and get the fever to buy you another!

There's a lot of truth in that. The fact is, I HATE my living room and hate it more each day that we use it. But, I just haven't found another layout that offers everything that I want and if I switch, there are a few "must haves" that I'd rather not compromise. What we had works; we've fixed up all the little stuff and customized quite a bit.

I have decided that if I were to buy something new, I'm fairly positive my wheels and shocks are coming with me.

Tags
camper

« Picking a WDH | - »