Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2016, 07:08 AM   #7161
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Nice one!
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 07:21 AM   #7162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinn View Post
It opened its eyes
a little spooky, ......but I like it...................

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 08:16 AM   #7163

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
So, any reason the door needs 2? I have to be honest- it opens and closes really easily with just 1...
Just that now you have twice the load on the one existing mount. Now, if you put the plate on, thereby vastly improving the strength (the load spread over a greater area with more rivets.) it would be worth a try with just the one.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:58 AM   #7164

Got it loaded up and heading to the campground in about 30 minutes. Local park (Tanglewood Park) that is next to the baseball complex we are playing at this weekend. 34 degrees for the first game tomorrow. Hide the composite bats!

Also, I had been putting up with a floor squeak right by the heat vent and the counter. Thought about it while loading up last night, and looked under the cabinet and saw a screw holding the cabinet down. Backed it off a little and the squeak is gone. That was my one real complaint with the camper so far. Although we do have an awning issue where it is slightly out of the track at the end. That is an easy fix, just haven't done it.

Happy camping.

2016 Sandpiper 376BHOK
2500HD Chevrolet

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
head gamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 10:07 AM   #7165

Quote:
Originally Posted by head gamez View Post

Also, I had been putting up with a floor squeak right by the heat vent and the counter. Thought about it while loading up last night, and looked under the cabinet and saw a screw holding the cabinet down. Backed it off a little and the squeak is gone. That was my one real complaint with the camper so far.
I would have demanded that the factory come get the trailer so they could repair it. Or at least bring it to Camping World.

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2021: 35 nights already booked so far
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 10:14 AM   #7166

Quote:
Oh, and opened our bunkhouse slide to find this rip in the floor and a screw under the edge of the slide (that doesn't match a single cotton picking screw anywhere):

Attachment 104232

Ouch man that stinks, sort of had that happen on my Shasta with vinyl flooring, but made a deep sent didn't tear like that, sorry.
Old 04-08-2016, 10:22 AM   #7167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamfour View Post
I would have demanded that the factory come get the trailer so they could repair it. Or at least bring it to Camping World.

I hear ya. It was one of those things that I didn't catch on the walk through, and when I did first hear it, I assumed it was the floor vent and would get around to it sometime.

On the awning.... Another miss on my part. We rolled it out and rolled it in, but as it was windy that day we didn't look it over that much. I have pictures and have emailed them to mark the date, but I will fix it myself at the beach in May. If I can't fix it, then I will follow through with the warranty claim.

The selling dealer was very good, and addressed everything that we pointed out from our first visit. All was addressed when we arrived to pick it up. We pointed out a few other items the day we picked it up and they addressed them quickly and correctly while we waited. I'm just a DIY guy, so the small things we will continue to find, will be addressed by me if possible. So much easier than going 90 miles back the dealer or dealing with the local dealer that didn't sell it to us. If a non DIY thing comes up then I will go back to the selling dealer.

FYI.... Did NOT buy from CW. Bought from RV Outlet USA in Danville VA. Was a very good experience from the very first phone call!

2016 Sandpiper 376BHOK
2500HD Chevrolet

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
head gamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 10:23 AM   #7168

Ordered Blue Streak and new cam locks for the storage compartments to replace the 751 key and match with my door key. Dealership called today to tell me some of my back ordered parts are in. I had a light/chandelier fall from the ceiling and break, purchased the gas grill for the back bumper, still waiting on my RV cover that has been back ordered since November and my entry steps open while driving so waiting on a solution for that as well. Not sure what parts came in. Was hoping to get to de-winterizing, but expecting 4-6 inches of snow in NE Ohio this weekend so maybe next weekend.

Eastlake, Ohio
2013 F-350 Turbo Diesel
2016 Heritage Glen 368rlbh
Dinostop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 10:43 AM   #7169

Quote:
Oh, and opened our bunkhouse slide to find this rip in the floor and a screw under the edge of the slide (that doesn't match a single cotton picking screw anywhere):

Attachment 104232

When we were shopping for our 5er, the salesman opened up a Columbus and a mystery screw promptly tore up a 1 foot wedge of the vinyl flooring.

I did have a slight mishap dropping a carving knife , and yes, superglue does work. Just don't hold it down with your finger....I left my fingerprints on the floor....literally.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 10:53 AM   #7170
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
Ouch man that stinks, sort of had that happen on my Shasta with vinyl flooring, but made a deep sent didn't tear like that, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
When we were shopping for our 5er, the salesman opened up a Columbus and a mystery screw promptly tore up a 1 foot wedge of the vinyl flooring.

I did have a slight mishap dropping a carving knife , and yes, superglue does work. Just don't hold it down with your finger....I left my fingerprints on the floor....literally.

Sigh, and we just figured out the cause. Like normal life, having a screw loose doesn't necessarily mean it was the problem. And in fact, it was a red herring.

The real problem appears to be a reenforcement that I made for the back of a drawer. I took out a block of wood that was stapled to another and instead put in an L-bracket. The great mystery is why did it wait until the 3rd use of the slide to tear the floor.

AND- looks like I kissed something last night. I think it was when I pulled off of the road for my potty training son to pee. It was on an entrance ramp and they had metal reflectors. I got close to them getting pulled over and am guessing the slightest bit of tail swing got me.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:57 AM   #7171
Who Dares, Wins

Guess the jobs of the mobile life, eh?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 10:59 AM   #7172
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
It opened its eyes
That would weird me out looking in the rear view..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 11:01 AM   #7173

Quote:
Originally Posted by head gamez View Post
I hear ya. It was one of those things that I didn't catch on the walk through, and when I did first hear it, I assumed it was the floor vent and would get around to it sometime.
I was just having fun with ya. I get a kick out of folks who run to the dealer for every little thing, even under warranty. I prefer to do all of my own work when I can.

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2021: 35 nights already booked so far
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 11:04 AM   #7174
Mod free 5er

Quote:
It opened its eyes
Where did you get the eyes???
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 11:14 AM   #7175

Quote:
Sigh, and we just figured out the cause. Like normal life, having a screw loose doesn't necessarily mean it was the problem. And in fact, it was a red herring.

The real problem appears to be a reenforcement that I made for the back of a drawer. I took out a block of wood that was stapled to another and instead put in an L-bracket. The great mystery is why did it wait until the 3rd use of the slide to tear the floor.

AND- looks like I kissed something last night. I think it was when I pulled off of the road for my potty training son to pee. It was on an entrance ramp and they had metal reflectors. I got close to them getting pulled over and am guessing the slightest bit of tail swing got me.

Been there, done that too. Left Larry Penney Thompson park last May and the tail swing caught their pedestal protective post (pedestals are at the front of the sites ), and kinda creased the rear panel behind the slide. Needles to say, the great people at Prime Time took care of it on our way to the rally.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 02:28 PM   #7176

Replaced the batteries in the tire pressure monitors, getting everything ready for the season.
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 02:45 PM   #7177

I finally figured out why my Dish Trav'ler TV would'nt work today. After months of no TV, I'd replaced the defective interface box and TV still wasn't working. The RV service repair shop looked at it, billed me and left me hanging last week. A TV went out in the house this week and as a last effort after the phone tech couldn't fix the TV over the phone, I decided to try an extra HDMI cable lying around from an unused TV. That turned out to be the problem in the house- bad cord!! I went out to my RV with this good cord and magically it was the same problem!!! Finally my TV in RV is working. I learned that the stock cords from Dish are pretty cheap quality. Lesson learned; if all else fails- check the cord. I then purchased a better quality HDMI cord today for the RV.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 02:51 PM   #7178
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Guess the jobs of the mobile life, eh?
I think the saying is, "it's always something". At least I can say these were self-inflicted (if that's better?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
Been there, done that too. Left Larry Penney Thompson park last May and the tail swing caught their pedestal protective post (pedestals are at the front of the sites ), and kinda creased the rear panel behind the slide. Needles to say, the great people at Prime Time took care of it on our way to the rally.
Fortunately, it seems to be almost all paint. The corner piece is slightly cracked and might actually have been cracked before.

I have a little bit of touch-up paint, but may call for some more. Then my father-in-law knows a guy who paints cars; I should be able to call him and arrange to get it painted properly.

Oh well, such is life.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:55 PM   #7179

I just finished install 2 TVs on the kids bunks. Last 3 times we were out camping it rained the entire time. Now have a tv on each bunk and the can watch antenna, DVDs and from my media box. This should make everyone happy
Old 04-08-2016, 04:26 PM   #7180

Quote:

I'm beginning to think that if it weren't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all!

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper