Old 03-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #1
What is important to you?

I have a few questions that I would be grateful if you could answer...

With regards to travel trailers--

*What features do you absolutely need to have?
*What features are nice to have?
*What features do you think are a waste?
*Outside of floor plan, what are your biggest considerations when looking at a new/used camper?
*What recommendations would you make regarding features, floor plan, construction, options, etc. ?

Any and all answer would be great!

Thank you!!!

Mike574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #2
For me:

*What features do you absolutely need to have?

- room for everyone to sleep
- room to store clothes without them ending up in seating areas (made this mistake with our first purchase)
- we wanted fully enclosed since we have two dogs that we wanted to not only keep safe, but for noise reduction

*What features are nice to have?

- kitchen accessories like microwave or oven
- shower

*What features do you think are a waste?

- fireplace... but then again I'm in FL

*Outside of floor plan, what are your biggest considerations when looking at a new/used camper?

- outdoor accessories, since we spend most of our time outside - speakers, awning, grill

*What recommendations would you make regarding features, floor plan, construction, options, etc. ?

- I like the higher ceilings, and wish that was in more models.

~ Darlene ~

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #3
My Bias Opinions based on what I like and dont like

Need to have: Storage, Super Slide, 12V LCD TV, WH and Winterizing Bypass, Bunkhouse, Inside Storage, real wood cabinets, walk around Queen, Matt. Topper, Electric Tounge Jack.

Want to have/Nice to have: Outside Kitchen, Bunkhuse Door (Seperate room for Kids) U Shaped Dinette, Seperate Ouside door to bathroom.

Waste in My Opinon: Cant really think of anything

Concerns with new/used: warranty, Condition and age of tires, Soft spots in floor, price obviously, dealer gut feel.

Floor plan/options: Go with the plan that you like, construction is a big one, light and ultra light weight units tend to use light weight materials for everything. Go over everything with great what you like and fits your budget. Most of all get outside and enjoy!
2011 Coachmen Catalina 28DDS
2015 Ram Bighorn 2500 6.4L
Nights Camped 2015: 28
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #4
Thank you for taking the time, Darlene & ryand. That was good information.
Mike574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:37 PM   #5
Site Team
Outside storage with reasonable size doors for easy access. With my tt another inch would had made a big difference especially with finding plastic bins to fit inside the door.

And inside some organized storage too like shelves and ddrawers.
Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #6
We have a trailer, however, looking at all RVs, we first look for pantry space. What good is it to camp without food storage and go to the store every other day. Cabinet space is more important than you would think.

Because we must have our TV, it is amazing how many RVs have no place to put a satellite receiver. We DVR a lot, so dual lines (cable runs) is important.

We not not like floor plans that require you to wake though the bathroom to get to the bedroom. Think of your RV as house that you would purchase and live in for any years, then you will be happy with your RV.
Vinster30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #7
MI Camperz
I like a roomy bathroom and bedroom...Can't sleep in a closet.
I think BHs are a waste of space...fold out sofas would be my preference for children/guests.
Outdoor kitchen so you don't have to run in/out for every last thing. I don't have one...we're seasonal, so have my version of an outdoor kitchen in our shed...same thing...don't have to run in/out for every beverage/condiment/napkin, cup, etc.
Power awning!!! When a storm rolls a button, don't have to go scrambling. We don't have one, but sure wish we did. A must on our next camper.
Fold up Camp director chairs with side table that has a beverage holder....unless you like balancing snacks and drinks on your lap or on the ground. Essential for being comfortable at the fire.
Camping mat. Absolutely! Saved on mud tracked in and out...big time! When you take your first step outside barefoot or in flip flops, your feet don't get wet in the cold dewy grass. Essential for enjoying morning coffee. We don't have one, we have a indoor/outdoor carpeted deck...but when we towed we did.
Yippee Skipeee...isn't it fun just planning? Our CG opens in 8 days!

Lynn and Mike
bodzcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:42 PM   #8
Just Love to Camp
A must

Roomy. All over. Mist in the main area for those days that is raining and everyone gathers inside. Bathroom for changing and getting ready

STORAGE. Very big on my list Since I am camping and it is a smaller place I like for everything to have its place and be put away

Love my central vac kick sweeper. I don't use the hose at all. But twice a day I like to sweep up all the dirt.

Awnings mat

Love my tinted windows to cut down on the heat from the sun

A waste. Right now since we are just weekenders washer dryer hook ups
Camped 54 Night 2012
XLR Thunderbolt 386*12
"Bertha The LeadSled" is her name

2012 F450
TheFordes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #9
I agree about the pantry space. We liked the Silverback with its cathedral ceilings in the slides but lack of a pantry was a big negative for us. Also agree about not being a fan of a walk thru bathroom. One thing I would like is a little more counterspace on either side of our inside stove. Would also like a Micro/Convection oven and ditch the regular oven. Manufacturers should just add interior fridge fans, charge a little more and be done with it. This is our 2nd camper with power awning, wouldn't be without one. Like our hi-rise kitchen faucet with pull out sprayer. Very happy with our thermopane windows. Enjoy our fireplace and 40" tv. DW loves the large shower. Our battery is hard to get to, would rather have a seperate outside access battery compartment like on the new Jayco Eagle Premier 5ers. Don't get me wrong, we love our Sabre. But a few small things could make it better. The fridge fan is an easy DIY mod, but the battery compartment isn't.
2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:30 PM   #10
You didnt say if it is for travel,if used for travel it is nice to have access to (frig,Bath,bed) with slides in. Youroo!!

youroo is offline   Reply With Quote