Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2019, 05:46 PM   #101

When we were looking for our current rig we drove to the dealer in my BIL's car. We found the unit was what we wanted and the price was in the ball park. The sales person said do you have a tow vehicle that will handle this unit and do you need a hitch installed or a brake controller or anything else we could do for you? I asked about the 7 year extended warranty and he explained it very well so we purchased it but that was all we required. Had finance all in place and turned theirs down. We were pleased with this rig and still are with only a few minor bumps over 6 plus years. Extended paid off when we had $1,400.00 worth of work done on the kitchen slide and paid $100.00 deductible to the professional rv repair outfit in Austin Texas.

Had this dealer do some warranty work the first year we owned it but would not ever return for service work. All other work has been done by rv techs that know their business and we don't mind paying a fair price for quality work.

FYI - When we pulled into the dealership in April of 2013 the sales person and all the lackeys knew why we were confident we could pull this 5th wheel.

Dave
Western Golf and Country Cart (custom body, EZ-GO frame)
Arguing with some people is like trying to smell the color 9
Volvodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 08:43 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
You can have the warranty work done at any dealer that sells this brand of RV...

The other one that had me rolling was my last purchase; "we have 18 service bays", ayup and only 3 techs as best I can tell.

Aaron

Tear down and parts ordering area.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer