Old 11-03-2011, 07:58 AM   #1

Where do you store your trailer during the off season

For myself I store mine in my driveway. My driveway can contain 4 vehicles. I used to store it at the campgroung for the seasonal and had some bad experience about break and enter. Also I like to keep an eye inside often to see if I dont have small creature visitors. One year they found their way through a small opening under and went inside the drawers. All my knifes were badly chewed on the wood handles.It does not take much for these rodents to destroy a trailer if nobody check once and a while. Last week I was told by a lady that store trailers in her field for the season that one trailer was damaged with severals thousand dollars because of these creatures. At this moment I am fighting them on my property because this year we have tons of moles digging holes everywere in my grass.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:12 AM   #2

I store my Flagstaff in my heated shop. No mice, no snow, no sun. The camper will look new 10 years from now.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:13 AM   #3

Our "Little One" sets in our side yard - where it sets all year! Capucine those moles are in our yard now - didn't know they came from across the border. :-)

Number of nights camped in 2012 65
Number of nights camped in 2013 82
Number of nights camped in 2014 105!
Number of nights camped in 2015 81
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:16 AM   #4
Wanna Be Camper

Made an area beside the house and used the RM grid road gravel on it. It is large enough to be used for storage and have the unit setup in the summer with 2 picnic tables in front as well as being close enough to get shore power if required. Also have a Koender bait station (same ones we use all around all our buildings) under it all year and have never had a rodent in it.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2016: 3 2017: 0
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:18 AM   #5
(Kim)

Sadly, I do not have room to store the TT on my driveway all year round. I live in an old neighbourhood and the driveways are small. Parking is at a premium around here due to the fact that 80+ years ago when these houses were built, everyone had just 1 car, now families around here have 2-4 cars so things can get a little tight to say the least.
We parked our TT at a nearby storage facility that is 5 minutes away from my house and also near the road I take to get to work. I picked a space that is right near the fence, this way I can get a glance at it everytime I drive by.
This will also help in increasing the frequency of my visits to it when checking for any pest issues =]
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:19 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Mine stays in the driveway, and doubles as a redneck guest house.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:20 AM   #7

I am catching these moles with mouse traps and peanut butter. I have caught 10 so far but I think it is a loosing battle because there are so many digging holes all over our nice lawns. This year is the worst even here in Canada. Are there other members in this forum with this mole problems? Give us your receipe to get rid of them.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:23 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by capucine View Post
Give us your receipe to get rid of them.
Can't resist ...
Attached Images

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:31 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triguy View Post
Can't resist ...
Lol, that's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

Mine is stored in my backyard. I could leave it on my driveway, but it would take up way to much room.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:39 AM   #10

I store mine at an outdoor storage facility 5 minutes from my house. I could keep in in the driveway, but they use salt on the roads here in the winter and I don't like th effect of salt on the undercarriage. Last year, before I took delivery of our new camper, the dealer had it parked close (within 100ft) to a street. This resulted in a rusty undercarriage, brakes, axles, anything metal that was exposed. My present storage location is quite a distance from any salted roads. I pay $1 per foot per month.

2015 Crossroads Zinger ZT28BH
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote