Old 03-16-2016, 12:30 AM   #31

Thanks to all who have responded

Wow, so many good responses. greatly appreciated, Gave me things to think about. I also learned a few things which is always good.

We will start looking at trailers once I determine what I can actually pull that is well within my weight limits.

If that does not pan out then I am back to looking at an A or C around 27 to 29 feet max due to backing out of driveway considerations regarding sight lines. FR3 has caught my eye.

I just enjoy my 2250 so much that I hate to trade it. My next door neighbor says if I lost 100 pounds most of my issues would be gone and i will save big bucks.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 10:42 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrob1161 View Post
We have a 2013 Rockwood Signature Ultralight and love it. We have been pulling trailers since 1970 and this is one of the best ones we have had.

Good luck

Tom & Robbie
I have owned two of these, an 07 and now an 08 5er.I have loved both. The Rockwood series is a very well made unit for the money. Some may have a problem with the CCC but I don't. Never travel with any water in my FW tank so my CCC is about 900 pounds, plenty for my dog and I. She never brings much junk with her!

I am assuming the quality for a Rockwood TT is the same as their 5er.

Jim

oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:24 PM   #33

I too will suggest looking at the Surveyor line. I haven't looked at the recent models but they do have some on the smaller/lighter side. Ours is a 2013 SP-260. We have only had minor cosmetic issues with ours. Our great dealer fixed the first few. After the new wore off I have fixed any that came up. Its been a great TT at a great price.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:37 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1800Rider View Post
Your Sunseeker that you want to tow with only has a 5000 towing capacity hitch with a 500# tongue weight so it would have to be small. Flagstaff/Rockwood in a TT have good quality but like others have said you would probably trading the Sunseeker and getting a bigger class C. If you are looking for a larger bathroom the 3051 Forester would serve the purpose well, check one out.
Working from ignorance and inexperience I have to ask this question.

Since I have a 5,000 lbs. hitch does that mean a trailer can not weigh more than 5,000 lbs?

Old 03-19-2016, 08:08 AM   #35
Citrus County, Fl.

That is correct. Also you maximum loaded tongue weight can't exceed 500 which is always going to be more than the weight listed on the specs.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 08:58 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
I have been thinking of getting a TT to pull behind my 2250 Sunseeker for vacations. My priorities are a larger more comfortable bathroom and shower, a queen or king bed and a sofa for naps. But not huge, shorter is better.

I have no idea as to which FR brands are considered better built. I don't want to start a ford vs. chevy type of discussion.

So to start the conversation off what would be the equivalent to a Forrester? or better.

I want proper axles, nothing I have to worry about.

Bobby
Rockwood/Flagstaff Mini No slide! This size has Dual axles/light weight/2 Exit doors a BIG plus over what you now have,think Fire and using your Escape Window in your Forester/ You will need a 30A EX cord for A/C use and Long hose for water/ you can Dump when you leave or use a Macerator Pump as you will NOT find a Sewer Dump while in a Site and you better hope you find a Site with this type Elect.Box also! Youroo!! US flag 2nd line?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014 fall 875.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	245.4 KB
ID:	102318  
Old 03-19-2016, 09:04 AM   #37
DDC

I have had great 'luck' with the 264 Surveyor, I emphasize ' luck' because i do think that is how RV's are, they are put together at breakneck speed so you hope you get a good one.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 11:47 AM   #38

I should have mentioned that both of my Rockwood's were used. Who knows what problems the original owner had? Considering they are trailers I feel they are fairly well made. Much better than some I looked at!

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 03:34 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Rockwood/Flagstaff Mini No slide! This size has Dual axles/light weight/2 Exit doors a BIG plus over what you now have,think Fire and using your Escape Window in your Forester/ You will need a 30A EX cord for A/C use and Long hose for water/ you can Dump when you leave or use a Macerator Pump as you will NOT find a Sewer Dump while in a Site and you better hope you find a Site with this type Elect.Box also! Youroo!! US flag 2nd line?
Yes, I like the idea of having two doors.

My Sunseeker coach door got stuck shut, I don't know why. I entered through the drivers door and worked the coach door handle a few times until it released. No problem since then.

Old 03-20-2016, 12:25 AM   #40

I would ask FR to make a single axle bathroom

Tags
trailer, travel, travel trailer