Old 11-17-2013, 05:21 AM   #21
My Wildcat is 29' and bath and bedroom on the same level.

cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #22
BamaGanza FROG Promoter
Originally Posted by boatless View Post
Many thanks for these replies! We don't care where the bathroom is - just don't want to trip in the nighttime.

Hope to keep the fiver to 29 ft - tough time here! Would like to keep the fiver to 2 years or newer, anyone out there have anything like this or can direct us?

Big issue here is what is your Tow Vehicle and will it be equiped to to a 5er at all?

New 150 class (1/2 Ton) Pickups can, with the correct packages, tow what used to be in the realm of 3/4-1 ton pickups! (EX: Our 2013 F150 SuperCrew with the HD Towing Package on it cal tow 11,800 with a 2,400 hitch weight!)

Now, assuming that your Tow Vehicle can yank the dang thing down the road ... Next step is talking about the 5er.

1st off: we have a Rockwood 8289WS 5er with the "classic" bedroom/bath over the box. We have not had any tripping problems or issues whatsoever in the middle of the night (unless you are worried about going down the steps for a midnight snack in the Galley ) In fact, if you "gotta go" at 2 AM, it is really (REALLY!) nice to have the bathroom 3 shuffle steps away (better 'n home! LOL)

I realize this post may not give you the information you were looking for but I wanted to assure you that - at least DW and I - have no tripping issues with the Bed/bath being located upstais (and, in fact, Rockwood was kind enough to provide a stai night light you can leave on in case you want to head downstairs in the middle of the night!

Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:43 PM   #23
The Montana 5W with a model number that ends in FL (front living) has bedroom and bath on same level, but it is much larger than what you're looking for. Still, a very interesting floorplan. Livingroom, fireplace with big-screen above it and leather couches with opposing slideouts are up front where the bedroom usually is.

Bedroom is at the back, with two more slideouts there, I think. Bathroom is in front of the bedroom. Dinette and kitchen are in the middle with a fifth slideout. The floorplan I saw even had an extra entry door on the utility side, for reasons unknown to me.

Anyway, won't fit the OP's needs, but might be interesting to some of you other 5th wheel guys.

2013 Surveyor SP220
2010 Silverado LT 5.3 V8

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote

fifth wheel, wheel