Originally Posted by onetexasoldman
2011 37' Brookstone 5th wheel been having trouble with the tires wearing. Have just taken it in to have axles aligned and was informed that the axles that are on the trailer are at least 1000 lbs UNDERRATED for the trailer.
Has anyone had to deal with this?
If that is true, the NHTSA National Highway and Traffic Administration, should be able to give you some assistance.
What is your trailer GVWR from the label? Your axles (GAWR) x2 should be about 80% of the trailer GVWR, the the other 20% carried by the pin of the trailer.
If the trailer GVWR is 12,000 pounds, then the 4 trailer tires carry 10,000 pounds or about 2,500 each. And the remaining 2,000 pounds is carried by the pin and the tow vehicle suspension.