Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2011, 09:51 AM   #1

Windjammer-Vlite VS V-Cross

Hopefully someone can answer this one as a few dealers we have visited can't answer and I can't seem to find anything specific on line.
We have been looking at upsizing our trailer and really like the Windjammer/V-lite models. We are torn between the front bedroom and front kitchen but that is another story that will eventually sort itself out. My question is what are the differences between the 2 series of trailers. I am assuming the frames are heavier in the V-cross but are they? Is there more insulation or any other construction features that are different. Inside features appear to be had pretty much the same depending how you load it up. The gvw on the V-cross is a lot more for the same size and layouts of the units. We were looking at the Platinum V-cross. I guess what I am really wondering is the V-cross that much better of a trailer or is it all about the bling?
Old 04-16-2011, 11:57 AM   #2

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
About the Bling....The V-Cross has a heavier frame I believe and smaller holding tanks(figure that one out), But the only difference I see,I looked at both. The V-cross has the frame-less windows(New for 2012) and has coran counter top vs Laminate. Not alot different after that. We bought the Windjammer because it was a lighter TT and a little better deal.Maybe some else saw something else, but are are very,very happy with our Windjammer 3065. Note: we really liked the 3-slides with the 3065(floor-plan), plus the front kitchen really added to the hitch-wieght and we're pulling with a 2010 F-150 so the lighter hitch made a difference on the 3065
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote