Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2009, 12:31 PM   #1

Wintering in a Surveyor SV235RKS

I have a 2009 Surveyor SV235RKS and was thinking of spending Jan to Apr in Arizona to avoid the cold Canadian winter. I purchased the trailer to do short trips during the summer months however since I have the trailer and I'm about to retire do you think the two of us spending 3 months in a 29 foot travel trailer would be enjoyable. The reason I ask is as I research the RV parks in Arizona most snowbirds have either Class A Motorhomes or 5th Wheel Trailers. I've not done a lot of camping before and never longer than a week.

Regards
Sabre99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:02 PM   #2

Welcome to our forum!!!

I think that is an answer only you two can answer! Personally it sounds fine to me... of course I still have to get up and go to work every day! My guess would be if you find a great park to winter over in!!

Good Luck.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:09 PM   #3

Sabre,

Welcome to the forum. As to your question I guess that entirely depends on how good your marriage is The size or type of RV is totally up to the desire of the owners who choose them. We know people that are totally comfy in a 10' truck camper together.

On a side note depending on where you choose to camp in Arizona you should know that many areas have really mineralized water. Our first motorhome spent it's whole life in AZ before we brought it up to the Pacific Northwest and we learned a lot from that. First the water from around the Yuma area being so mineralized had built up deposits so bad inside the water heater that the temp switches couldn't read the water temperature correctly and the heater kept over heating the water. Then the brass check valve on the back side of the water heater developed a pin hole leak and sprayed water all over inside the rig. The minerals just ate through it.

Spending a lot of time in the desert is a learning experience, ask a lot of questions from those down there that have done it a lot.

Have fun, wished we could head that way after this last round of wind and rain storms (4 in a row) here in western Washington...
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:11 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

You asked q question only you can answer. Do you get along with your wife? Hope so. Do you have all the big screen TV and surround sound you need? (some can't seem to camp without these). Do the parks you plan on visiting have internet? (some can't camp without this either). Are you going to camp, and enjoy the outdoors and scenery, or are you going to sit in one spot? You refer to snowbirds as campers, they are not. They are almost permanent. That's why the big rigs, and all the electronics. They don't move because it takes to long to re-aim the satellite dish, and get back on the internet. Go camping, enjoy the scenery, and enjoy time with your spouse. The size of the trailer doesn't matter if you're truly camping. If you don't have internet, have a great time, and report back next year.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote