Old 10-27-2018, 10:14 AM   #1

Winterizing ... and a pleasant surprise

Yesterday was my day to winterize our ‘19 CC Silverback 37MBH. Off to Home Depot to get a small pump to get Pink in the lines, then to the our dealer to get one of those adapters that fits the pump, which will also get pink in the lines. Also bought the little adapter for blowing out the lines (I used 35psi).

So I got everything blown out (including fridge and washer plumbing), and the hot water tank drained. When I went to put in the pink though, CC has a setup in place to pull the pink into the lines. The pump (and hose) and adapter that I just bought, are all going back. Woohoo!

FYI this was my first time doing this. It wasn’t a bad job. I did not say it was a fast job. Four gallons of antifreeze to get the job done. I was basically three hours from start to hitching up for the ride to storage.

xd40c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 10:23 AM   #2

Hi XD,

On my Silverback, I actually do everything you did and then take what many folks would say is an unnecessary extra step. Since I still have my compressor right there, I go ahead and blow the pink stuff out of the lines.

Why, you say? Because of what it means when we start using the trailer again. Of course it means less time waiting around for the fresh water to flush pink stuff out of the lines. Minor benefit... But more important to us, it results in a greatly reduced amount of time dealing with the fizzy water aftermath of pink stuff, which is a real irritant to us.

FWIW.

Rich Phillips
richp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter