Old 12-25-2015, 07:57 AM   #42

When in doubt "winterize"

PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 12:15 PM   #43
WFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneDude 8289 View Post
When in doubt "winterize"
x2!!! Blows my mind that people "debate" about winterizing...like it's some long hard laborious job. The repercussions for not winterizing are going to be alot more agonizing, not to mention expensive, should you happen to get a good freeze. If there is a sliver of doubt, just winterize and rest assured. We invest too much money in our RV's to risk it.
Old 12-25-2015, 06:32 PM   #44

-27C here this morning. No debate from my perspective. Winterizing is not an option it's mandatory.
Old 12-25-2015, 07:04 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich5117 View Post
For those that use anti freeze in the lines. Do you have any problems with water tasting bad when you de-winterize? We used antifreeze the first time after getting an Rv took a month for me not to taste it. Now blow out lines and anti freeze in drains, have not had any problems in past 10 years. I also leave all valves open after done.
I use to do the pink stuff and also gave it up for just air, ten yeas ago. Took me a month and a lot of flushing of water to get that terrible smell n taste out of the system the first year when we used antifreeze. Have not had one problem with just air, you just have to blow them out good, and leave all the valves open.
We get below 0 degrees in winter often, lately.
Old 12-25-2015, 07:29 PM   #46
Usually Confused Member

Not worried about anti-freeze because I never, ever, ever drink any of the water that comes out of the RV. I only use it for washing, flushing, etc. I retired from the private aviation business and one of the common things among pilots and flight attendants is to never drink the water...even if the airplane is brand new. I'm pretty sure the airlines make coffee from the onboard water supply. Never drink that stuff either (it even has a bad odor).

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 07:43 PM   #47

Most of the places we go drinking the water is not recommended so we haul our drinking water. For the few locations where we can we don't use the tank and direct hook to their system. Once we are hooked up we run the taps for awhile and then we can use the water from the tap. We have not had a taste or odor issue to date.
Old 12-26-2015, 05:58 AM   #48

all rvs no mater when they are made are shipped winterized so people say they will never drink that water In their system what's the difference if you cook with it or wash your dishes? or drink it once its flushed its ok and for the ones who don't want to winterize I say go for it you cant fix stupid
Old 12-26-2015, 12:03 PM   #49

I think we all winterized in one way or another once the temperature gets down in the 30's. different strokes for different folks ,as long as it works and whatever works for you.

Tags
winter, winterize