Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2019, 02:25 PM   #1

Wolf pup 15SW or GeoPro 19FBS- reviews, thoughts?

My husband and I are hoping to downsize our trailer (less than 20 ft.) We plan to be on the road for six weeks at a time but moving from place to place every few days. We also like to "dry" camp part of the time. We are looking for any feedback or information that you can share with us, we think we've narrowed it down to the Wolf pup 15 SW or the Geo Pro 19FBS. Any thoughts, info etc. would be appreciated. Thanks!
ibbooklady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:58 PM   #2

We have a Wolf Pup 16QB. We enjoy being on the move rather than staying in one place...normally overnighting in Walmart lots or non-hookup places.

For the two of us and the dog, this little trailer is ideal. It's carfree and economical on the road or when not in use in the back yard. We have a generator on the back of the trailer that allows us to use the trailer's air conditioner during hot nights. We dump at Truck Stops when we gas and water up.

A slide out would be very inconvenient for the way we travel...especially for those impromptu afternoon naps.

More if you're interested...
jeffnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 11:43 PM   #3
Site Team

First, the Wolf Pup is stick and tin construction, while the Geo Pro is filon-sided/aluminum frame construction.
The GP will have more bells and whistles.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 09:20 AM   #4

We owned a GP 19fbs and spent 75 nights in it last summer. Rig was quite reliable and towed well. We actually just sold it in favor a larger trailer. We found spending so much time camping that we wanted something larger and more comfortable.
Not to leave a negative impression about the GP, but the main items that we were looking to improve were.
Cargo capacity. Our well ooutfitted trailer was over 3200 dry weight leaving approx 600# for cargo b4 we added a pair of 6v batteries and solar and bike carrier. We were on the move for over 10 weeks so packed accordingly, and were overloaded without carrying water. A minimalistic might be able to have everything they want within weight, but I'd venture a guess that most will be over.
A larger kitchen sink would be welcomed in the GP. It's a challenge washing any but the smallest cookware in what's in the trailer .
A little more petty, but an eventual annoyance to us was the whole sofa and folding table situation. Realistically, you can't eat every meal outside so at times you'll set up the table. We also set it up if DW was cooking and needed prep space. The annoyance comes with need to find a way to get the table out of your way when not needed. Yes, it can break down and store behind the sofa. I'm just saying that for us, that got old after a while.,
To end I'll say, for what it is, the GP is a good trailer. For a few days at a time, no problem snd likely better than many others. For extended travelling however, not the best choice.
lamokadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 10:18 AM   #5
RV There Yet?

I will suggest a Wolf Pup 17RP toy hauler (20-22 feet tongue to bumper). very open floorplan, fixed front bed (its a Full XL a little snug but works!) lots of storage space and HUGE Cargo capacity, something like 2500lbs. plus, you can take your toys with you or just have some space. we got ours with the screen door covering the ramp door, so we can drop the back when its nice out and have fresh air (like a popup) and close it up when its not as nice and condition the air inside! Tongue weight right around 500-600 without a heavy toy, no water or waste on board but loaded for camping. 5500 lbs MAX total weight. 11-14 mpg behind an F150 at 60 mph.

ditch the Forest River folding table, get a 4 foot blow molded table that folds in half. its WAY lighter, smaller footprint, cant get wrecked if you leave it outside in the rain, and you can adjust the height from coffee table height to camp chairs to full size chairs. we took one look at the factory table and bought the plastic one before the first trip!
Old 02-21-2019, 02:05 PM   #6

For us, the floor plan sold us on the 19FBS. We were looking at the GeoPro 19FBS, but saw it alongside a MicroLite 19FBS and decided to go with the MicroLite instead. Both had the same floor plan (sofa instead of dinette) but the MicroLite had a lot more storage space. I noticed that for 2019, Forest River has discontinued our MicroLite 19FBS and is concentrating on the 21FBRS and on the GeoPros. They also added storage access under the GeoPro bed, what wasn't present on the GeoPro model we were shown. I think we'd have been just as happy with the GeoPro, but my wife insists that the extra storage space was necessary.

Regarding the sofa layout, we use smaller table and a tray table instead of the large folding table that came with the unit. The large table was in the way most of the time. We never fold the sofa into a bed.

Another thing important to us is that the 19FBS floor plan is entirely functional without opening the slide, nice in rest areas. I don't know how the Wolf Pup handles the bed when it's folded in, but I wouldn't want to give up any seating area when not extended.
kawac14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 08:45 AM   #7

No real experience with the Wolf other than rv shows, but I believe the Rockwood is better equipped/better built.

We have been very happy with our 19FBS for how we use it, which is typically off grid 3-5 day outings spending as much time outside as possible. My opinion is that this model would get pretty cramped quickly over longer stays.

We like small & simple, but Wifey & I both agree that in the future if we are able to travel longer/more often then we will upgrade to the 2109S platform. It adds dual axle, north south bed, larger tank capacities, dual sink & larger kitchen area, more storage & a touch more breathing room with the extra width.

$.02
Old 02-22-2019, 09:05 AM   #8

Thanks for your thoughts.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and helpful points. It is a lot to think about. This will be our second trailer and I would like to get this one right We have to really think about whether we can live with the trade offs of a smaller trailer. Since we move every few days and plan to stay at parks that limit trailer size we will need to make sure it is simple to pack up and move in a small package and still fit our needs. Thanks again, it is always helpful to hear from experienced people.
ibbooklady is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wolf pup