Old 09-23-2010, 05:45 PM   #1

Yet another question

We really appreciate the extremely helpful input we've received to our previous questions, and have yet another!

My husband and I are both a bit over six feet tall (and a bit wider than we'd like to admit). We really need a shower stall that has more space than what came with our 2011 25RL FR Wildcat fifth wheel. Is there such a thing as a super-size RV shower stall or is it possible to have an RV shop build a stall to the owner's specifications (within allowable space, of course)? Jim is about to have shoulder replacement surgery and it sure would be beneficial for him to have more maneuvering space in the shower.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:05 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami1 View Post
We really appreciate the extremely helpful input we've received to our previous questions, and have yet another!

My husband and I are both a bit over six feet tall (and a bit wider than we'd like to admit). We really need a shower stall that has more space than what came with our 2011 25RL FR Wildcat fifth wheel. Is there such a thing as a super-size RV shower stall or is it possible to have an RV shop build a stall to the owner's specifications (within allowable space, of course)? Jim is about to have shoulder replacement surgery and it sure would be beneficial for him to have more maneuvering space in the shower.
If you are getting into something over 32" I would think that a residential type shower would be an option. Can't see why you couldn't replace your unit with a fibreglass base/sides unit (that's if you have enough room). I'm not a fifth wheel owner (yet) so maybe I'm missing something!

Old 09-23-2010, 08:03 PM   #3

Most RV floorplan designs have to be approved and licensed with the DOT prior to a company going into full production therefore making major re-adjustments to a design to accomodate requests are not usually easy for them to do. Just leaving out a shelf or something easy usually isn't a problem but moving walls to make a room bigger, fit a bigger bed or shower can change the structural integrity of a unit.

There are RVs out there with up to 4' wide showers but you are talking some big bucks (usually the bigger Class A diesels).
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 05:37 AM   #4

If you have the room and cost if no factor I would say give it a try. Now instead of going to an RV place I would check with one of your local plumbing spectiality shops. The reason you will have to get a special shower tray one with an off set drain, as I would not want to mess with the RV drain system, but thats me. Once you get the shower tray to size the walls and balance of encloser would be easy to custom make. I would not want to start removing walls and cutting the floor that kind of thing could lead to more problems than you want.
cardinal4fun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel