Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2016, 01:36 AM   #201
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Congratulations I hope you keep up the blog, I and many others {my guess) find it very cool.

I guess you do not need an actual "home" to be a resident?
I do plan on keeping up the blog. One day I'll hopefully catch up... ...

There's a whole process for declaring a domicile (aka residency) in another state. The nice part is, the mailing service deals with it all of the time and has guides for it. But yeah, essentially being homeless lets me pick where I want to call "home". I feel like I'm not lying as when we come off of the road, Florida is pretty high on the list of possibilities. We'll see.
Old 02-02-2016, 01:12 AM   #202

[QUOTE=ependydad;1088137]Catching up. We were in Las Vegas from October 13-27, 2015. We had a good time, but were just talking tonight that we have no interest in returning to the city or strip itself.

We are in Vegas right now! Sam's Town KOA 2-9 Feb, 2016. Don't believe we will ever come back again either. Parking lot campgrounds, busy traffic that never seems to end and very rude people. Not to mention no grass and radical weather changes...70 degrees yesterday, 38 today.

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 08:51 AM   #203
Always Learning

Blogging is hard and time consuming! I posted some more catch-up blog entries:

Back in November/Thanksgiving, we went to Los Angeles area:
http://nowornever.learntorv.com/2016...s-angeles.html

And then we headed in for some RV service/upgrades and played at Disneyland:
http://nowornever.learntorv.com/2016...v-service.html

We spent Christmas near San Diego:
http://nowornever.learntorv.com/2016...christmas.html

And then we drove across the country to Florida over the month of January:
http://nowornever.learntorv.com/2016...o-florida.html
Old 05-09-2016, 04:56 PM   #204
Always Learning

I thought that I'd also share this picture of our map pin board:

It lives above our big living room slide. It's fun to look at and see all of where we have been.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:11 PM   #205
Always Learning

Moving right along, we spent time in Tampa in February for a Fulltime Families rally.

Now Or Never - an RV Tale: Rallying in Tampa, Florida
Old 05-09-2016, 10:48 PM   #206

Any plans on crossing that big line, at the top of your map??

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Old 05-09-2016, 10:51 PM   #207
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
Any plans on crossing that big line, at the top of your map??
We can't. No passports. I haven't been up there since they allowed you to cross with a regular ole driver's license. We keep talking about it, but the cost of passports for the 4 of us is painful.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:56 AM   #208

I got the cards. We don't plan on going anywhere else. The cards didn't cost as much as the passports

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:18 AM   #209
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I got the cards. We don't plan on going anywhere else. The cards didn't cost as much as the passports

Yeah, they're about 1/2-price which would save us a lot.

My concern is the crazy scenario that we are off somewhere and need to get to our hometown in a hurry (wife's grandmother has dementia and has been declining over the years)- I want the option of dropping everything and flying back. I don't know how realistic it is, but that's what nags at me.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:59 AM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Yeah, they're about 1/2-price which would save us a lot.

My concern is the crazy scenario that we are off somewhere and need to get to our hometown in a hurry (wife's grandmother has dementia and has been declining over the years)- I want the option of dropping everything and flying back. I don't know how realistic it is, but that's what nags at me.

Just drive a few hours back across the boarder then fly.
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 01:54 PM   #211

ependydad, how has renting your house worked out for you? Not sure if we want to sell our house or just rent it, hubby not to excited to be a landlord and feels it would could be a burden.
Thanks
Pam

We have enjoyed seeing all your adventures!

108 days camped 2013
74 days camped 2014 so far
iluvlcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 01:59 PM   #212
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvlcy View Post
ependydad, how has renting your house worked out for you? Not sure if we want to sell our house or just rent it, hubby not to excited to be a landlord and feels it would could be a burden.
Thanks
Pam

We have enjoyed seeing all your adventures!
Pam, it's going well. We actually have re-upped with our tenants for another year on the lease. Knock on wood, we haven't had any issues and literally hear nothing until I get my property management report each month + direct deposit the next day.

They took a fee for the initial lease and a much smaller one for the lease renewal. Then each month, I pay them/they keep 10% of the rent.

The couple of questions that I've had or paper work that comes in, they've been quick and responsive with any question that I've had. I would happily do it again.

NOW- my personal situation... I lose money on the house each month. The rental amount doesn't fully cover the mortgage and then I am basically paying the property manager fees out of my pocket. But, I bought this house at the height of the housing boom and way overpaid (even for the Baltimore/DC suburbs). I've also officially decided that I have no interest in moving back to that area (unless my wife tells me that I am). I wish we would have sold it instead of renewing our tenants. If it was a break even or money making opportunity, I'd likely keep the house. I'll almost positively sell it come 2017.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:39 PM   #213

I did not read all of your thread, but seem to me you are missing a lot of nice area on the upper Midwest/ rocky mountains

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
mustardbucket107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:11 PM   #214
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustardbucket107 View Post
I did not read all of your thread, but seem to me you are missing a lot of nice area on the upper Midwest/ rocky mountains
I sure am. The initial plan missed a lot of goodies. Fortunately we broke from that after about the 5th stop. But, the sort-of plan was to make it out west and bounce around there for a while. We made a bit of a bee-line to California and made it to Los Angeles and San Diego before we had to make a trip back to Florida for Disney World (happy wife, y'all).

We're bouncing around the east coast for this year before we'll finally make our way to the west for a good long stretch and will hopefully pickup the places we've been missing.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:13 PM   #215
Always Learning

Once we left Tampa, we did a bunch of Disney visits. Let me share my entries since my last post:

After Tampa, we headed to Fort Wilderness for the Princess 5K. I think I covered some of this in a Trip Report here, but for blog prosperity:
Now Or Never - an RV Tale: The Mouse's House, Disney World

Leaving the Fort, we went up the road to Clerbrook Golf and RV Resort. Pretty quiet stay, but we did make a couple of trips into Disney again:
Now Or Never - an RV Tale: Groveland, FL at Clerbrook Golf & RV Resort

We left there to another Thousand Trails park called Peace River in Wauchula, FL. Nice place and we had a pretty quiet stay. It was great until our friends "talked us into" heading back to Clermont. So we cut it a couple of days short.
Now Or Never - an RV Tale: Peace River in Wauchula, FL

And our last Disney-fied update, we stayed at Thousand Trails Orlando for a week.
Now Or Never - an RV Tale: Thousand Trails Orlando which is really in Clermont, FL

From there, we started heading north with visits in South and North Carolinas before making it up to Pennsylvania. But, I'll write about them soon enough...
Old 06-01-2016, 05:20 PM   #216
Mod free 5er

Doug, when you head west, make sure you visit Silver Dollar City and Branson, MO. Traffic is horrible, but the whole area is worth the hassle. It is all family oriented and you will not meet friendlier people anywhere in the US.

AND, just west of there is Eureka Springs and the Passion Play. Wonderful experience. Eureka Springs also has a Christ of the Ozarks statue similar to the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 10:40 PM   #217
Always Learning

Thanks for the ideas, OldCoot. We've already done some time in Branson, but didn't really explore a whole lot. The surrounding areas do seem to hold a lot of great stuff.

But, blogging is hard. It took me over a month to get the next less than 1-week installment out. We made our way to Myrtle Beach where we stopped at a Harvest Hosts location in Johns Island, SC. It was a nice farm and the scene of my infamous emergency exit attempts. Up in MB, we stayed at Ocean Lakes and had a nice visit. A little chilly because it was April, but we enjoyed ourselves.

Now Or Never - an RV Tale: A long weekend in Myrtle Beach
Old 07-20-2016, 07:57 AM   #218
Always Learning

Yesterday/today's update...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3066.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	412.3 KB
ID:	114724

Which turned into this:

Name:	IMG_3086.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	324.9 KB
ID:	114725

Which finished with this:

Name:	IMG_3095.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	383.1 KB
ID:	114726

I'm hoping it's just a bad battery and I have to replace the pair. The truck is 4 years old and we just got to the heat of Florida on Sunday.

It's at the dealership now. We'll see how it goes.
Old 07-20-2016, 04:39 PM   #219
Always Learning

I got what I hoped for- 2 bad batteries. But, holy flipping expensive. $185/each!
Old 07-20-2016, 05:02 PM   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I got what I hoped for- 2 bad batteries. But, holy flipping expensive. $185/each!
Whoa, I failed to read the "each" the first time around. I guess they knew they had you behind the eight ball. Yikes!

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote